Bump stocks for guns | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Bump stocks for guns

@acd explain to me, O wise old one, how disarming people makes them feel safe and secure. I'd love to know

I can explain it to you, because I live in a country where firearms are very well regulated. My uncle is the 1 person I have known in my life to own a gun. He lives far out of the city on a large property and he keeps his gun well hidden and I've never seen it. I have probably seen a few guns in a museum cabinet at some time, I suppose, although I can't remember it at all. I guess I must have seen a pistol holstered in a police belt before. I can't remember ever having seen a drawn or brandished weapon in real life, I don't believe that I have ever seen it. I have certainly never seen a gun fired off.

Occasionally, on the news, there is a story about someone getting in some sort of fight. It happens about once or twice a year I think and it is quite a big event. People will talk about it at work, we will talk about it at home. "Did you hear that a man got shot the other day?" Very rarely a police officer fires off a gun at someone, and everyone argues about whether or not it was the right thing to do, and wants to know why the officer didn't use a taser.

There is simply no reason to fear gun violence here. We are all disarmed and we all feel safe about it. I will never be shot at in my life or probably ever see a gun fired off in my life, I have no idea why those things would be anywhere near me. We don't have guns here, so there's nothing to fear. Why would I be afraid of something that happens once or twice a year? I'm far more likely to be in a car accident than ever see a gun fired. But I'm not afraid of car accidents. It's a hazard of life to maybe get in a car accident.

It wasn't always like this here. But everyone just agreed that the change would make things better even if there were some uncertainty involved. It has made things better. Gun violence is not a problem here.

Hope this is a good explanation.

Don’t most shooters already expect to be executed, killed in the act or imprisoned for life? I don’t think that being held responsible is a credible deterrent to someone’s choice to attempt mass murder.
This is such an important point. The individuals in these situations aren't trying to get away with something. They're in pain and they want others to see it, to know it, and to feel it with them.

Reactions: Wyote and Stu
And yet...you’re still uneducated about it.

The Slave-State Origins of Modern Gun Rights
The idea that citizens have an unfettered constitutional right to carry weapons in public originates in the antebellum South,
and its culture of violence and honor.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...arry-jurisprudence-in-the-slave-south/407809/
Poor skarekrow. Ive asked you to put me on block and yet you keep posting your liberal propaganda. Really you can say it originated on Mars, Jupiter the deep racist south...where ever. But in the end all your have to do is look at the Constitution, what our country was founded on. Its very difficult to say uniformed in that light. But there you are, spewing idiocy from your fantasy world none the less.
Maybe one day youll wake up and be right about something. Im cheering for you. Keep the nose and chin up as you stumble through the world. Youll get it right one day I am sure!

Every single time I open one of your posts. Every single time. I am a damn idiot. Got get back to this again.
20180224_072032.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: just me
I just found a new smiley that will come in really handy. At first I thought it was a little too big to be a smiley but then I realized nope, its just right.

drooling-smiley.png

Reactions: Wyote and the
"Blessed are the gun wielders and the slaughterers of woodland creatures while hiding in trees."
-Jesus, Isaiah Thomas 38.6
Look! AJ is back everyone! Joined in 2012 and has.. 191 messages. Hey AJ how goes it? Long long time for you to be gone. Well anyway so glad you came back for this conversation. Me? Im just sitting back and waiting for the same pers....people to like their ow....each others comments. Using different accounts of course. Because they are different people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote, the and AJ_
My highschooler is pissed, she is sick and tired of lock down drills and is a little too ready to just blame the republicans. I point out that a lot if her political leanings are really just mine and her mom’s, that we encumbered her with them. I pointed out that if we call the cops here in our city they’ll be here in minuets, but out in the countryside it could easily be an hour or more.

She wonders why people feel they need semi automatics, I want to tell here that if a person picks up a gun in defense, they don’t want to fuck around.
We had reasonable, municiple gun control in this country for a long time. It was the Black Panthers that sparked the issue into what it is today. I think that if you think you need a semi automatic to protect you and your family from armed folks who hate you, have at it. But I also think that the citizens of any given municipality have the right to outlaw any weaponry they see fit. You want your AR whatever. Fine, move out of the city limits and don’t take your guns to town.

Tell me, Invisible, what country do you live in?

Tell me, Invisible, what country do you live in?

Of course, you must realise that I deliberately omitted any mention of my location in my explanation, so I really don't know why you're asking me this question. I also find your questioning quite impertinent and unnecessary. If you want to have a discussion with me you're going to have to be a little less hostile and a little more generous. I don't respond to time wasters.

How can I show how wrong your statement is without knowing what country you're from?

Reactions: Eventhorizon
How can I show how wrong your statement is without knowing what country you're from?

What you are calling my wrong statement is actually a detailed account of actual lived experience, in answer to the question about lived experience. Good luck trying to refute that, but I don't think you're going to make progress with it by knowing my geographical location.

You inferred that guns are by and large not necessary in your country. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

My highschooler is pissed, she is sick and tired of lock down drills and is a little too ready to just blame the republicans. I point out that a lot if her political leanings are really just mine and her mom’s, that we encumbered her with them. I pointed out that if we call the cops here in our city they’ll be here in minuets, but out in the countryside it could easily be an hour or more.

She wonders why people feel they need semi automatics, I want to tell here that if a person picks up a gun in defense, they don’t want to fuck around.
We had reasonable, municiple gun control in this country for a long time. It was the Black Panthers that sparked the issue into what it is today. I think that if you think you need a semi automatic to protect you and your family from armed folks who hate you, have at it. But I also think that the citizens of any given municipality have the right to outlaw any weaponry they see fit. You want your AR whatever. Fine, move out of the city limits and don’t take your guns to town.
Ive read what you said. You have your opinion and I will do my best to try and not step on it.
The obvious problem is that if you allow guns to be banned at one location, political groups will rally to ban them at others. When I drove across country I was actually worried about transporting a single handgun that I brought with me. I researched each state I would be driving through to find out what laws they had regarding transportation etc. The fact is, I drove through more than one state that I could technically go to jail for driving with an unloaded handgun even with with no ammo in the vehicle. Im sorry but thats complete BS. As a law abiding citizen I have the right to protect myself where ever I am. There are state laws and federal laws. When a law is in the constitution states should have no right to override them at all.
You say the police can be some place in minutes? Sometime they can but you cant count on it anymore than you can count of being in a position where you can actually call them. Further so many people here in this forum hate police, until they are needed and then they wonder where they are. You cant have it both ways. I hope people who dont have the ability to protect themselves never have to find this out first hand. But hey if you want to leave the possibility of having your family murdered in front of you while you beg for it not to happen, the possibility of the women you know being raped in front of you while you watch right before you are killed, keep thinking the way you think.
I am a big enough guy. I stand at 6 1 and would fight like a demon. Put knives, baseball bats, guns in the hands of more than one attacker...maybe even just one hopped up on PCP even and that wont matter a bit.
This is the world we live in and I honestly dont know why people hide from this fact. I dont want it to be violent but it is, I dont want life to be not fair but it is. Police (especially if you dont want more of them) cant always be where you think they should be when you want them to be.

Reactions: Wyote
Welcome to the world. You can live in it, or you can live in your own world, and die in this one.
You’ll die in both worlds.
Look! AJ is back everyone! Joined in 2012 and has.. 191 messages. Hey AJ how goes it? Long long time for you to be gone. Well anyway so glad you came back for this conversation. Me? Im just sitting back and waiting for the same pers....people to like their ow....each others comments. Using different accounts of course. Because they are different people.
god damn, well done.

Reactions: AJ_
Can you please use the reply function in future? It makes things a lot easier from a number of usability perspectives. It's considerate to use the function.
is this crucial to our discussion?