Books on Ego? | INFJ Forum

Books on Ego?

INFJok

Community Member
Nov 27, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I seem to be interested in learning about egos so I went to the library and picked up a book that didn't turn out to be of my interest. If anyone could suggest a good book about egos that they've read and liked, that would be great!

-Thanks

I'd recommend A New Earth as well. Although keep in mind that Tolle is simply writing his own ideas and how he interpret things... As with all of this type of books, read it critically.
I think his core ideas are rather good and interesting, but sometimes when he tries to find connections and applies it to certain circumstances to prove his point, it makes him sound like he's just some kid in a sandbox who has no idea what he's talking about.
It's an interesting read anyway, highly recommended.

I seem to be interested in learning about egos so I went to the library and picked up a book that didn't turn out to be of my interest. If anyone could suggest a good book about egos that they've read and liked, that would be great!

-Thanks

What book was it that turned out be of no interest?

What makes you say you "seem to be interested in learning about egos"?

Alan Watts has some brilliant books on the ego, psychology, zen, and plenty of other topics.

Only thing i know that talks about the ego (except for some crazy power hungry western males with big egos from the past century I.E Freud) is the Buddhism. Don't remember specific book names though.

I forgot the book but it was real new age and...I don't know, sounded like a follower of a clique wrote it...if that makes sense!
I got interested in ego bcuz that's my ongoing battle right now: ego and real self-esteem!