Bollywood | INFJ Forum

Bollywood

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Post your favorite bollywood songs, trailers, or films here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XZDuN2OOtA"]YouTube - "Chand Sifarish" - Song - FANAA[/ame]

[video=youtube;eyAKyUCg5tY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAKyUCg5tY[/video]

Last edited:
I have always wanted to watch more Bollywood films, maybe I should...! If anyone can recommend any good ones. :)

LOL, that face... :m131: Have you seen many of them? :m083:

I have seen... Maybe only two. .__.

I definitely haven't seen enough to make such a bold, stupid statement!
I've seen a few, though, and what I've taken away is that they're generally very long and musical'ie. Not my cup of tea.
One of them had a dude that could multiply and turn into a Terminator-ball of Terminators clustered together. It took a lot of me to not like it!

I definitely haven't seen enough to make such a bold, stupid statement!
I've seen a few, though, and what I've taken away is that they're generally very long and musical'ie. Not my cup of tea.
One of them had a dude that could multiply and turn into a Terminator-ball of Terminators clustered together. It took a lot of me to not like it!

That sounds... Uhm, interesting. :m190: Makes me want to see them more, now. :D I'm not fan of musicals either, they seem to have lot of singing in them.

Well, need to find it out by myself, thanks for answering though!

[MENTION=5601]ezra[/MENTION] Oh! Is that Enthiran? I didn't like it too. But there are lots of great Bollywood films out there. :smile:

The musicals are mostly the 'masala' type of films, meaning, they are of mixed genres.
There are lots of modern ones that have less "music videos" in them. Haha.
It's still really popular though since that's like the USP of Bollywood,
and a lot of their radio/pop music come from the films, so...

[MENTION=11100]flower[/MENTION] I'm a fan! What types of films do you like? I could recommend some. :smile:

The funniest thing I've seen in a Bollywood film was a stunt stand-in for a guy cutting vegetables whenever they closed in on his hands.

I'm a fan! What types of films do you like? I could recommend some. :smile:

Hm... Romantic and funny ones. :) I would like to hear your recommendations~!

I suggest.. "Bride and Prejudice" - Bollywood version/movie adaptation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (it's a combined project of Bollywood/Hollywood).. but it's very hilarious to watch. Lol.. although its long, the musical theme is very entertaining. I still have to think of the other Indian movies that I love.. the story lines are unique though and others are really mind-boggling. :)

[video=youtube;Ms9xmBn7Z-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9xmBn7Z-Y[/video]

[video=youtube;3-yNQDmxvDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yNQDmxvDw[/video]

Reactions: Satori
I suggest.. "Bride and Prejudice" - Bollywood version/movie adaptation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (it's a combined project of Bollywood/Hollywood).. but it's very hilarious to watch. Lol.. although its long, the musical theme is very entertaining. I still have to think of the other Indian movies that I love.. the story lines are unique though and others are really mind-boggling. :)

It looks interesting! Thanks for the recommendation. :) I need to now just find it from somewhere to watch it, LOL. I love to watch movies which make my cheeks hurting from smiling and laughing too much. :p

It looks interesting! Thanks for the recommendation. :) I need to now just find it from somewhere to watch it, LOL. I love to watch movies which make my cheeks hurting from smiling and laughing too much. :p

That is a good one.. hmm, you want a more comedy theme I suggest another Bollywood movie.. it's very famous though but this is very hilarious too and has a very good message with a love story of course.. "3 IDIOTS" I hope you haven't watch it yet. Will make you laugh a lot.. :)

[video=youtube;Rx1IV6_JbCk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1IV6_JbCk[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: flower and Satori

Oh, now I feel embarrassed, cause I don't know a lot of rom-com, haha.
(I will maybe cheat a bit with the suggestions).

~ Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Well, it's masala, so you also get some romance, and comedy there. :D
Apart from that, there are so many good things about this. It's a road-trip kind of film (but not like Hangover).
Life lessons, poetry, friendship, travel, music, the actors (the 3 leads are amazing).
It runs for 2h30mins but it's worth it. It's a feel-good movie overall, very inspiring. :smile:

[video=youtube;61Vc46RbVOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Vc46RbVOs[/video]

~ PK

This one is fiction. It's about an alien who questions the ways of the world, esp. the religious beliefs and traditions,
but done in an innocent comedic way. There's some rom-com in it too. :smile:

[video=youtube;82ZEDGPCkT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ZEDGPCkT8[/video]

~ 3 Idiots

This used to be my go-to in recommendations, but it's so popular now that maybe you've seen it?
But if not, you can give it a try. It's funny overall, but there are lots of touching moments too.
Friendship, family, school life, romance. It also questions the educational system in India (the lead is the
same as in PK. He's one of the best actors in Bollywood, and he likes questioning things in his films :D )
There are slapstick-like 'music videos' in here, but the songs are sensible and well-incorporated into the story.

[video=youtube;K0eDlFX9GMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0eDlFX9GMc[/video]

Edit: Whoah, Anna has beaten me to 3 Idiots, lol.

Reactions: flower
I was in a bollywood film once

But i don't know what it was called...before you ask!

I was asked by a talent scout when i was walking around the streets of mumbai

I think its quite common for them to pluck westerners off the street to use as extras

I got a small pay packet and was given lunch...and got to watch the filming

Reactions: Kgal
That is a good one.. hmm, you want a more comedy theme I suggest another Bollywood movie.. it's very famous though but this is very hilarious too and has a very good message with a love story of course.. "3 IDIOTS" I hope you haven't watch it yet. Will make you laugh a lot.. :)

[video=youtube;Rx1IV6_JbCk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1IV6_JbCk[/video]

This movie is one of the best movies I've seen. Bollywood or not....the character development, plot, and acting is excellent. Even the singing and dancing is really good.

LOL... I haven't seen that one yet, but it seems funny! Need to watch it~ Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Oh, now I feel embarrassed, cause I don't know a lot of rom-com, haha.
(I will maybe cheat a bit with the suggestions).

~ Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Well, it's masala, so you also get some romance, and comedy there. :D
Apart from that, there are so many good things about this. It's a road-trip kind of film (but not like Hangover).
Life lessons, poetry, friendship, travel, music, the actors (the 3 leads are amazing).
It runs for 2h30mins but it's worth it. It's a feel-good movie overall, very inspiring. :smile:

~ PK

This one is fiction. It's about an alien who questions the ways of the world, esp. the religious beliefs and traditions,
but done in an innocent comedic way. There's some rom-com in it too. :smile:

~ 3 Idiots

This used to be my go-to in recommendations, but it's so popular now that maybe you've seen it?
But if not, you can give it a try. It's funny overall, but there are lots of touching moments too.
Friendship, family, school life, romance. It also questions the educational system in India (the lead is the
same as in PK. He's one of the best actors in Bollywood, and he likes questioning things in his films :D )
There are slapstick-like 'music videos' in here, but the songs are sensible and well-incorporated into the story.

Edit: Whoah, Anna has beaten me to 3 Idiots, lol.

I almost spilled out my tea when I was watching that PK clip. :D Really funny! They all seem interesting... Thanks for the recommendations, ahah~

This movie is one of the best movies I've seen. Bollywood or not....the character development, plot, and acting is excellent. Even the singing and dancing is really good.

Yes, Kgal! :) I watched it twice and still cried like a baby (yet laughing or smiling at the same time!) It's really good... one of the best movies, that's so true! :)

[MENTION=13909]Satori[/MENTION] Hahaha, it's okay you beat me with "PK" I just watched half of it with wrong subtitles so I have to stop watching lol. I just need a proper SRT file so I can understand or maybe going to download the whole movie (with correct subtitles) from scratch.. ^^

Last edited: