Birth season and temperament | INFJ Forum

Birth season and temperament

Dave Fallon

Community Member
Jul 4, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I just saw this interesting article and wondered what others thought of this, especially anyone who either casually or seriously follows astrology.

http://www.sciencealert.com/news/20142110-26367.html

Is there a correlation that might explain astrology scientifically? Could astrology be built upon actual observations in the distant past?

I don't follow astrology and I'm cautious about supporting those kinds of assessments based on nothing but arbitrary differences such as birth season only. However, the theory is interesting because it offers an explanation as to how mood or vibe of a season may affect a person's attitude or disposition, and how it could inadvertently influence behavior or actions which are later imposed on a babe when they are born. I think a reasonable explanation is nature (literally) and environmental nurture. The feelings, moods or vibes people associate with a season including climate and temperature, could feasibly explain these differences. But whereas the results of the study suggest the difference is time, I think it's more likely that it's geography or place/location that really heightens or intensifies the difference. If you're born in a tropical climate vs. born in a cold or low degree climate, this will likely have a significantly different impact on temperament.

I was born in spring, and i always thought my temperament is just like a blossoming flower, and bees copulating with them. Hmmmm, allergies too, i'm not good at making people blush, but i still can make your nose turn red as a freaking tomato.

After some time i came to the conclusion that astrology may have some truth in it, i mean, it's quite a serious work, with a lot of layers where art, intuition and psychology go hand in hand quite seamlessly. Probably it will never come to terms with the more materalistic side of science, and it's ok, having a skeptic side is always good. And to play the devil's advocate sort of, i was born in the south hemisphere, so seasons here are swapped, i was born in spring, but my zodiac sun sign represents almost the opposite side of what spring represented (archetype related) to the northeners.

Last edited:
Here is another interesting caveat: I was born in the desert winter ... yes a whole probable 70F! Omg brrrrr. lol My winter means spring to many, so this makes no sense. (And if you understand the desert like I understand it now, everything blooms all year round and the trees are not natively deciduous.)

This is very interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I was born in October which is like mix of autumn and winter where I live. In some parts of the country there will be snow already. Also days become darker and colder... They said in the link that ''The findings also revealed that participants born in autumn were less likely to be depressed than those born in winter'' Not true in my case, ahah. There's lot of melancholy inside me even that it doesn't always look like it. I don't know what to say about the astrology... But it's really interesting definitely. :)

Reactions: hush