Authenticity and Society | INFJ Forum

Authenticity and Society

Sophya

Aug 7, 2019
MBTI
INFJ-A
Enneagram
What's your idea of success in life?
Pursuing the path of Passion, Connectedness, Authenticity: to truly live an intentional Life.

MINIMALISM
A documentary about the important things

Trailer / source:

"The people you bring into your life, you should always be hanging out with people who have the same values, and that's really what minimalism is about. It's about living deliberately. So every choice that I make, every relationship, every item, every dollar I spend, I'm not perfect obviously, but I do constantly ask the question, is this adding value? Am I being deliberate with this decision?"

Hmm.

Well, there is a certain job I want.

giphy.gif

Wow. This definitely resonates with a large part of me and I'm extremely happy to see that it's on Netflix. I will reply here with my thoughts once I give it a strong and personal viewing. Thank you for sharing.

I'm curious of your thoughts or views of it after watching it, which I'm assuming you have. :)

I actually watched this doc and read their blog for a bit. Interesting guys. I think there is some value to what they saying. They live by some pretty strict rules and while i agree with most of them I found it was hard to impose these rules on my wife and children. I de-cluttered my life about a year ago and I'm finding the need to do it again.

This kind of minimalism is too much effort.
Be minimalist more minimally.

and while i agree with most of them I found it was hard to impose these rules on my wife and children. I de-cluttered my life about a year ago and I'm finding the need to do it again.

I've had the same issue with my SO over de-cluttering possessions, relationships, habits, and behaviors. You can't make a person change with you. I need to curate what and who he brings in so I'm not cluttered by it.

This kind of minimalism is too much effort.
Be minimalist more minimally.

Haha. Relatable.

You can't make a person change with you. I need to curate what and who he brings in so I'm not cluttered by it.

Accurate. Very Accurate. I feel the need to control what is brought in. To be 100% honest It's mostly kid stuff that grows rapidly. Everyone buys stuff for the boys. Mostly things they like that they want to share. It's nice gesture but we really don't need 101 toy cars that will just live in a toy box.

very few value authenticity

we say we do but we don't

authenticity would mean no judgement from societal or systematic forces which we all know is untrue

do things that can separate you from society as much as possible

Reactions: Gaze and Sandie33
Pursuing the path of Passion, Connectedness, Authenticity: to truly live an intentional Life.

MINIMALISM
A documentary about the important things

Trailer / source:

"The people you bring into your life, you should always be hanging out with people who have the same values, and that's really what minimalism is about. It's about living deliberately. So every choice that I make, every relationship, every item, every dollar I spend, I'm not perfect obviously, but I do constantly ask the question, is this adding value? Am I being deliberate with this decision?"

when i saw the youtube about minimalism i was excited that it was only a minute long then i realized it was a trailer

#fail

I've had the same issue with my SO over de-cluttering possessions, relationships, habits, and behaviors. You can't make a person change with you. I need to curate what and who he brings in so I'm not cluttered by it.

Haha. Relatable.

Accurate. Very Accurate. I feel the need to control what is brought in. To be 100% honest It's mostly kid stuff that grows rapidly. Everyone buys stuff for the boys. Mostly things they like that they want to share. It's nice gesture but we really don't need 101 toy cars that will just live in a toy box.

Hm, I was just wondering if your partners tend to do this reciprocally at all. I’m speaking as someone who’s on the receiving end of the curation where I feel like I need an environmental impact report and congressional approval to bring in so much as a shoe rack while my partner has pretty free reign. This is strictly in terms of decorations and household items.

723ea89f-527a-44a3-88fa-83bcde40ce93-screen-shot-2018-10-10-at-71736-pm.png

I have to submit a formal request and have it approved. I'm kidding but partly. My wife is really good at home decor and I ask for her advice on pieces I like.

Hm, I was just wondering if your partners tend to do this reciprocally at all. I’m speaking as someone who’s on the receiving end of the curation where I feel like I need an environmental impact report and congressional approval to bring in so much as a shoe rack while my partner has pretty free reign. This is strictly in terms of decorations and household items.

Sort of, yes. I am strict about the meaningless stuff he brings in and lenient about things that matter. We need to agree on major things like furniture. I buy all the little things because he doesn't care about bedding, towels, pillows, etc, and I do. He can be just as stubborn as I about things I can't physically do by myself, or am not supposed to do by myself due to our agreement.

Haha @Daustus that’s what I feel like sometimes. Generally I leave the interior deco to my better half.

Sort of, yes. I am strict about the meaningless stuff he brings in and lenient about things that matter. We need to agree on major things like furniture. I buy all the little things because he doesn't care about bedding, towels, pillows, etc, and I do. He can be just as stubborn as I about things I can't physically do by myself, or am not supposed to do by myself due to our agreement.
Omg that totally reminds me of my partner, and I love how you call it “our agreement”.

Our dynamic:

Me: Hey the Xmas tree is a pretty tight squeeze in this corner. I’ll move the couch a bit. *moves couch sideways 1.5 ft on a temporary basis*

Her: Mmmmm.....no, just put it back and I’ll figure something out.

———-

Her: *texts picture of newly-installed light fixtures* They’re not working! I need you to help me troubleshoot!

Me: >=/

Anyway I think I took this way off topic.