Are we as a society being kept from discussing the big issues? | INFJ Forum

Are we as a society being kept from discussing the big issues?

muir

Banned
Oct 14, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
There are so many incredible events happening in the world at the moment

With the creation of the internet people around the world are all able to talk to each other and discuss these events. This may be taken for granted by the younger generation but some of us didn't have the internet as we grew up.

It really is an incredible thing and it is also giving a greater voice to the public. People around the world are now discussing all the big issues of the day and forming groups that give them a bigger voice in the political arena

The importance of this process cannot be stressed....it is unprecendented

Each decade seems to have had a defining feature. We are all aware of the beat 50's, the swinging sixties and how that optimism started to nose dive with vietnam and watergate in the 70's followed by the materialism of the 80's and so on.

Before this we had world wars that affected people all around the world

These were all big events, but none of them will have such a monumental effect on humanity as the change that we are currently seeing in the bringing together of a global community of people who are beginning to recognise their shared humanity

Of course when people do this they stop listening to their so called 'leaders' who of course don't want the people empowering themselves or working toegther. These people then invest a lot of energy in keeping people divided and in trying to hold back the tidal wave of growing awareness amongst the global population

The corporate media distracts us from all sorts of important issues with celebrity gossip and many other mindless distractions to stop us all thinking for ourselves and taking control over our own lives and communities

So this thread is about taking a look at some of the ways in which they try to stop us discussing amongst ourselves the important issues of today for example whether or not our countries should go to war or who the small group of people are behind government who keep trying to take us to war....because it is only by answering these big questions and then acting on our findings that we as a global community will be able to see lasting peace

I'm goint to post a series of clips of an interview with a university professor who tries to encourage the viewers to look at some evidence that various professionsals in their fields have found relating to 911

The clips explore how the interviewers do not talk about the issues AT ALL but instead simply try to disrupt what the professor is saying.

Clearly they do not want the public to look at the evidence and think for themselves. All they want to do is create drama in the discussion by insultling and ridiculing the professor and to try and discredit him and distract people away from the issues and the evidence surrounding them

Clip 1:

[video=youtube;N9BeXEvdcpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BeXEvdcpo[/video]

[video=youtube;D-5klVwASGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5klVwASGg[/video]

Reactions: barbad0s
[video=youtube;sW6KZPTUpPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW6KZPTUpPE[/video]

clip 4:

[video=youtube;ItP53Wy3q58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItP53Wy3q58[/video]

Following on from the NLP theme here is a programme made by BBC panorama shwoing one of their interviewers who once lost his temper when interviewing a spokesman for the church of scientology

What the interviewer didn't realise at the time was that the scientologist was using NLP techniques against him. This primarily involved interrupting the interviewer constantly so that the interveiwer was prevented from expressing himself.

Words are energy and the interviewer couldn't get the words out, so the energy built up in him like a dam until eventually it burst out as anger

The scientologist succeeded in disrupting the discussion by throwing the interviewer off balance. This is shown at about 2.20:

[video=youtube;H4PDZt74adg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PDZt74adg[/video]

Last edited:
For those that are interested the church of scientology was formed by L Ron Hubbard who was a friend of a rocket scientist called Jack Parsons

Jack Parsons was a member of the occult order the OTO (ordo templi orientis) which had for a while as its head the british black magician Aleister Crowley. The story goes that Crowley had published in his series 'the equinox' the inner secrets of the oto. He then got a visit from the then head who told him he had done this and that he needed to be inducted into the order.

Crowley then took it over and restructured its initiation process. One change he made was to make sodomy part of the 9th degree; this upset a number of people in the order

The OTO is based on freemasonry

The inner secrets if these orders are that they are communicating with 'entities'. Crowley drew one of these called 'LAM' which looks a lot like the modern conception of a 'grey' alien. This image can be found easily online

Crowley also claimed that an entity dictated to him his work called 'the book of the law'

I only mention these because at the core of scientology is the idea of aliens and scientologist john Travolta even made a film based on scientology called 'battlefield earth'

all very weird.....but anyway scientology has its roots in the occult

Magick is really about communicating with the subconscious mind. This can be done to communicate with your own subconscious or it can be done to communicate with others

NLP is also about doin this and is often used to manipulate others whether it is getting them to agree to go out on a date with you, give you a job or to try and discredit you in a discussion

I think in this age of massed communication we are seeing people use these techniques but parallel to that there are more and more poeple exposing these techniques which means they lose their power over people

If people are consciously aware of how someone is trying to manipulate them then they are going to be hard to manipulate! The spell becomes broken

As a random extra bit of info Jack Parsons fell out with hubbard after hubbard ran off with his woman and his yacht. Jack Parsons used to recite the hymn of pan everytime a new rocket was launched into space. He later died in an explosion in his personal laboratory under his house. Hubbard went on to make a lot of money

Last edited:
In stage magic there is a trick called 'sleight of hand' where the viewer is distracted by the performer from what they are really doing

This trick is used in politics and often when a story is hyped in the corporate media it is hiding a far more important story

In fact a leaked email once exposed a poltician describing the events of 911 as being a 'good time to bury bad news'. here's a link to an arcticle about it:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/oct/16/Whitehall.uk1

Interestingly Donald Rumsfeld announced publically the day before the mind blowing tragedy of 911 that the military could not account for over 2 trillion dollars. A good time to bury bad news indeed! if that was a coincidence that this shocking admission was made the previous day before the biggest single event of our times (which then launched the ongoing 'war on terror') then i'm sure we can all agree that it was an incredible coincidence!

Here's a clip:

[video=youtube;_rRqeJcuK-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRqeJcuK-A[/video]

Stage magic sleight of hand (for fun!)

[video=youtube;2gzYVkgCLMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzYVkgCLMc[/video]

So how easily manipulated are people?

It operates on a number of levels. NLP works on the subconscious. Sleight of hand is visual. The following clip i of a stage pickpocket physically mnipulating people.....it all works on distraction though:

[video=youtube;W1_BpNAeeX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_BpNAeeX0[/video]

Stage hypnotist gets whole crowd of people to perform various acts:

[video=youtube;5yBkgTq6yXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBkgTq6yXo[/video]

[video=youtube;vinzve5Hzhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vinzve5Hzhc[/video]

Last edited:
In magick (not stage magic but working with the subconscious mind) there is a method called BUD WILL

This involves planting a seed in peoples subconscious so that it then manifests ino their physical reality

There were a number of shootings in the US and some people couldn't understand how there were references in various films such as Batman that tied into these shooings in the physical realm

The reason this stuff was put into those films was bud will:

[video=youtube;c8nTZKpmtlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8nTZKpmtlQ[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: say what
SIGIL MAGICK.....communication with the subconscious in order to manifest something into the physical realm:

[video=youtube;hX6t1HEJMhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX6t1HEJMhc&list=PL65635BA8339EF390[/video]

Reactions: say what
The idea that people are less informed or more held back from discussing things is absolutely ludicrous.
People are being bombarded with all kinds of urgent, mind-blowingly huge problems at all times and the internet is fostering more discussion than ever.
The 'corporate media' has evolved from being hour-long programs 3 times per day into 24 hour broadcasts on multiple channels with different political leanings.
PLUS you have things like youtube that allow nutcases a public forum or like a speaker's corner type thing so impressionable kids in their rebellious phase can get their daily dose of indignation.

The difference is that people are more likely to become indignant because they don't know absolutely everything... no amount of information is enough, and if they're not told absolutely everything they assume it's because there's some sort of sinister plot afoot that's going to destroy their freedom.

I think people are pretty self-policing when it comes to censoring themselves and others on no-no topics. People dont want to hear information that would require them to act in order to benefit themselves and others, unless the info falls within an accepted social paradigm ie work harder to get that promotion, get a savings account so you will make interest, etc.

Reactions: muir
NLP is about dual meaning

The occult is about things being hidden in plain sight

The two are intimately linked. NLP has grown out of the occult, but the occult is ancient

The idea that people are less informed or more held back from discussing things is absolutely ludicrous.

Where did i say that people are less informed?

Please don't missrepresent what i am saying

What I am sayin is that people are being lead away from the important issues

People are being bombarded with all kinds of urgent, mind-blowingly huge problems at all times and the internet is fostering more discussion than ever.

Yeah i pretty much said that in the OP

The 'corporate media' has evolved from being hour-long programs 3 times per day into 24 hour broadcasts on multiple channels with different political leanings.

None of which covers the important stuff

The important stuff is really dealt with in the alternative media which is going to eclipse the corporate media

PLUS you have things like youtube that allow nutcases a public forum or like a speaker's corner type thing so impressionable kids in their rebellious phase can get their daily dose of indignation.

I think people should feel outraged because all these issues do affect us all. It doesn't make someone a child to be outraged.....i don't think its fair to belittle people for having what is a perfectly reasonable response to outrageous events by suggesting that a person must be a child to feel something about events

For example when our politicians lie to take us to war i think its a perfectly reasonable response to be angry at that because our taxpayer money is being used to murder people who have never done us any harm

The difference is that people are more likely to become indignant because they don't know absolutely everything... no amount of information is enough, and if they're not told absolutely everything they assume it's because there's some sort of sinister plot afoot that's going to destroy their freedom.

There is a sinister plot afoot to destroy your freedom. Have you not seen all the stuff in the news about Operation prism, the patriot act, drones over the US and the NDAA etc?

The balance of power between the people and the elite is not just one of wealth (we all know about that one) or political influence it is also an information assymetry....that is to mean that the elites are more powerful than us becuase they know more about whats going on than us. The more we can close that gap the more balanced society becomes and the less power they have to destroy our freedoms

I think there is a lot of sloppy "research" going on that does not stand up to rigor. I think that most of the "extremists" have taken valid arguments and twisted them up with there own dark demons who haunt their subconsciousness. I think that this tendency is being exploited by many who wish economic or emotional gain.

I think it is very much akin to the makyo the Zen masters warn their advanced students about.

I think people are pretty self-policing when it comes to censoring themselves and others on no-no topics. People dont want to hear information that would require them to act in order to benefit themselves and others, unless the info falls within an accepted social paradigm ie work harder to get that promotion, get a savings account so you will make interest, etc.

I totally agree

Perhaps what needs to happen is for people to beat a path into that territory ie to make it part of the accepted social paradigm

Of course those in the first wave will always catch more flak but someone has to push the dialogue into new areas if problems are going to be diagnosed and solutions strategised

Otherwise it would be like trying to dicuss how to give someone CPR when it is a taboo to touch another person. The taboo needs to end and that requires someone or some people to step up and do it

Reactions: barbad0s