Are These Extroverted Traits? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are These Extroverted Traits?

The crux of the Extrovert vs. Introvert is about how much external stimulation -of any kind- you need. Extroverts crave outside stimulation, while Introverts feel overwhelmed and have a lower tolerance for outside stimuli.

Fe dominants, in particular thrive off human interaction. Forcing an ENFJ to go for long periods without people is toxic and makes them very depressed. How long can you go about being solitary before you start needing interaction and becoming restless? How much sensitivity do you have to outside stimuli? To which degree do other people energize you?

Last edited:
I really don't think there is a most ''introverted'' or ''extroverted'' type, that depends solidly on the individual. One fact is certain, no one is either 100 percent extroverted or introverted. As humans we all need social activity to a certain degree, even the most introverted person. We are social creatures after all, as humans we also need our personal time and to reflect. Some affiliated more with introverted activities, some with extroverted activities and thats when we classify someone as I or E. Most of the population can be considered ambiverted, you are just near that border. I have also experienced a lot of this feelings, however I know I am introvert. I am pretty certain you are one as well. In the end I find INFJ's and ENFJs to be quite similar, same goes for lets say xSFP or XNTP. I and E just comes down to whether we have a preference for privacy or sociability. That is not to say anyone can be farther from the border or closer to it.

Forcing an ENFJ to go for long periods without people is toxic and makes them very depressed.

This describes me very well. Loneliness causes me depression in a gigantic hurry. Another trigger I have is being stood up, even if the excuse is valid, it hurts my feelings and can send me into a depression.

How long can you go about being solitary before you start needing interaction and becoming restless?

At most a few days, unless I'm already too depressed to go out. When I'm in a really bad mood, I don't like to inflict it on others... even though the key to unlocking my bad mood is to be around people who I care about.

How much sensitivity do you have to outside stimuli?

That depends on the nature of the stimuli. If it is chaotic, then I can't handle very much. If it is harmonious, then I can handle a lot. Internal stimuli isn't as energizing as external stimuli. One of my failings in life has always been giving preference to hanging out with people and accomplishing nothing rather than staying alone and doing things I need to be doing.

To which degree do other people energize you?

If they are people I care about, I have to admit that I get most of my energy from other people, especially if they are enthusiastic about me or something we are mutually interested in. Ah, hell, even people I don't like energize me... just by being offended by their presence or actions. Yeah, this isn't going well for me to be an introvert.

Am I really as cool as the ENFJs I know?

View attachment 3023

Meh, maybe so.

Last edited:
I'm like everything that you mentioned :)

This describes me very well. Loneliness causes me depression in a gigantic hurry. Another trigger I have is being stood up, even if the excuse is valid, it hurts my feelings and can send me into a depression.

At most a few days, unless I'm already too depressed to go out. When I'm in a really bad mood, I don't like to inflict it on others... even though the key to unlocking my bad mood is to be around people who I care about.

That depends on the nature of the stimuli. If it is chaotic, then I can't handle very much. If it is harmonious, then I can handle a lot. Internal stimuli isn't as energizing as external stimuli. One of my failings in life has always been giving preference to hanging out with people and accomplishing nothing rather than staying alone and doing things I need to be doing.

If they are people I care about, I have to admit that I get most of my energy from other people, especially if they are enthusiastic about me or something we are mutually interested in. Ah, hell, even people I don't like energize me... just by being offended by their presence or actions. Yeah, this isn't going well for me to be an introvert.

Am I really as cool as the ENFJs I know?

View attachment 3023

Meh, maybe so.

I still get jealous because of that pic. You have a ton of good looking and from what I would guess really smart female friends.

I think it's clear that you're either an outgoing INFJ or a reclusive ENFJ. I have a feeling you're more inclined towards the latter but sometimes withdraw yourself.

Also looking at this pic...

So some of the girls there are ridiculously extroverted, but look at a the blonde in the background and the chick in red on your left and there really isn't much difference. Well apart from you being male and therefore naturally less inclined to show your Fe.

Edit: I'd also like to mention that if you look at the pic in the wrong way it makes you look like you have ridiculously long arms!

Last edited:
I think it's clear that you're either an outgoing INFJ or a reclusive ENFJ. I have a feeling you're more inclined towards the latter but sometimes withdraw yourself.

Also looking at this pic...

So some of the girls there are ridiculously extroverted, but look at a the blonde in the background and the chick in red on your left and there really isn't much difference. Well apart from you being male and therefore naturally less inclined to show your Fe.

Edit: I'd also like to mention that if you look at the pic in the wrong way it makes you look like you have ridiculously long arms!

I'm starting to think I am the latter as well.

The one in the red is DevilDoll by the way.

And hehe, if I have really long arms, then I have very feminine hands...and a tan.

I'm starting to think I am the latter as well.

The one in the red is DevilDoll by the way.

And hehe, if I have really long arms, then I have very feminine hands...and a tan.

Wow she looks rather different in the recent pics she posted, in fact she looks less outgoing there (although that's probably because of the juxtaposition with the girl who lost her clothes).

And yeah your arms look really long because we can't actually see your real ones.

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I hate to admit the answer is very simple.

I'm both.

I get energy from people... meeting people, inspiring people, and especially from inspired people. I get energy from being around people who are charged up. But, I lose energy from being around people who aren't charged up, aren't people can connect with, and aren't harmonious.

I get energy from being alone and running on creative tangents, doing things like playing video games, making art, and writing by myself. But, I lose energy from being alone too long and not being able to share with people the things that I've created or become enthusiastic about.

The more I think about it, the more I can see how Se and Ti are both very equal, and trade places as tertiary and inferior functions.

I think I'm a switch, and can go into either mode reflexively.

I know I'm splitting hairs at this point, but I really want to figure out which is my inherent state and which is adaptive. Maybe there isn't an answer other than being an ambivert.