Are humans pack animals?

Firegrace

Regular Poster
Sep 15, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5 so/sx
Seems simple to me on the surface but I'd like to hear your opinions.

And what are the implications of it either way?

If they are, what does that mean for societal growth? Discipline for wrongdoers? All other issues?

If they aren't, what does that mean for the above issues? Does it bring any other issues up?

Are there any anomalies?

Anyway I am interested in what you have to say about this :)

I'd like you to use your imagination but I thought of the analogy when I observed humans interacting with each other. It reminded me of a pack of wolves in some respects.

If a wolf gets out of line it gets disciplined by a higher status wolf. If they don't work together they don't eat. How similar is humanity in behavior? And what does that mean for us as a world connected? Any higher implications?

Comparably a tiger hunts and lives alone. So is that more like it?

I'm wondering what people think of the analogy? Do they reject it? Accept it? Substitute something for it? Have something to add?

Is it erroneous anyway?

It's very similar to wolves. We are social and hierarchical creatures. We evolved with a strong need to belong to the pack.

Humans are pack animals. But spirits are uniquely individual. They both serve a man/woman for higher growth and maturation. They are both valid paths. However, the higher one's consciousness rises the more singular he/she shall become.

Looking at evolution we had a better chance to survive in groups. Undoubtedly its why so many people in this world choose to follow without ever thinking about why they are following and what it means.

Humans have evolved from a small tribe to which it has produced our current level of society. Societal growth is occurring, which has been beneficial since it has developed systems such as government, religion, economics and technology. These systems are expression of ourselves in order to achieve and pursue perfect conditions out of a chaotic environment. Humans record and share their life, unfolding lessons to humanity in all aspects and meaning to the individual’s interpretation. Our first sophisticated system is symbols (language), vital to our survival as a tribe.

Humans are constantly organizing themselves in all areas of life. Humans are wired to efficiently maximize security for future generations. This is an ongoing process. We’re still an animal pack, because our nature is to reproduce (animal like), but less of a pack, as our civilian populace resembles behavior and feelings that of a colony of ants.

Our ego remains as a mental tool necessary to survive and work together. As our brains developed with our tribe for thousands of years, we cannot dismiss our genetic makeup. Objectively, our genes define our ancestors’ egos, their role in the tribe, the choices they made with their genes and the conditions they lived in. In order to survive with the threat of daily danger, we had no choice but to work together collectively (in a condensed pack).

Through mating we are forced to acknowledge one another as a potential mate. It would goes against our psychological and physical wellbeing to ignore a bonding called love. Subconsciously this is processing on its own accord because our ego serves the purpose to reproduce its own genes, the potential of life. Mating is unbelievably important because our genes wish to be satisfied with a guarantee. Your son or daughter to carry them on, it brings hope for the future of humanity.

If a person decides to abandon the collective tribe, he or she is severely reducing their chance to produce an offspring; an anomaly is created as their ego's purpose has failed, and they may destroy it, or Buddha would say: become enlightened. History has shown an anomaly can result in a greater good as their view of the world has impacted millions. What we know and what we think we know can be scary, because I define your reality, and you define mine. Without each other, we wouldn’t be here. We’re all connected.

Yes we are. That is why we become exponentially more idiotic when in groups. Our ability to reason is easily cast aside by a mind hardwired to respond to group dynamics and societal nonsense.

The extent to which a person is swayed by the group will depend on their conscious awareness

Okay, okay, it's from Cracked.com, but it has merit!

You see, monkey experts performed a monkey study a while back, and discovered that the size of the monkey's monkey brain determined the size of the monkey groups the monkeys formed. The bigger the brain, the bigger the little societies they built.

They cut up so many monkey brains, in fact, that they found they could actually take a brain they had never seen before and from it they could accurately predict what size tribes that species of creature formed.

Most monkeys operate in troupes of 50 or so. But somebody slipped them a slightly larger brain and they estimated the ideal group or society for this particular animal was about 150.

That brain, of course, was human. Probably from a homeless man they snatched off the streets.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html#ixzz3JBCGqcAX