Apple patens program targeted at ending sexting | INFJ Forum

Apple patens program targeted at ending sexting

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Kavalan, Oct 13, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by Kavalan
  1. Kavalan

Kavalan Has risen

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/10/13/fcc.bill.shock/index.html?hpt=T2
    I've found it cute how they circumvent F%$^ with Duck currently seen some very wierd texts meant to be angry ending up making me think of [​IMG]

Thoughts? Orwellian? A Breakthrough? Waste of time? Big tool in the parenting grab bag?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IndigoSensor

IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    All I know is when I have kids of my own, I won't be setting these nonsense filters on them. I really see no difference between sexting, passing dirty notes, or just talking dirty in person. It's just a way for social-restrictive people to exert a form of control. So long as this does not become forced on the general public, I see no problem with it. Nevertheless I frown upon those who would use strong versions of this kind of censorship.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Agreed this is just down right scary. No way in hell would I expect someone to be required to do this.

4. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    This.

Remember the days when kids were responsible for their own behaviour? No? Neither do I :(

Blind Bandit likes this.
  5. OP
    Kavalan

Kavalan Has risen

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    I think it is a waste of time as they will find ways to circumvent it... also the evolution of normal words becoming "dirty" be much faster as... and the nit will become combinations of words and then it will become: I ___ a ___ _______ _____ _______ _ _____.

or you know dirty notes will become the thing for people in school because a match or toliet will destroy the evidence :m183:

6. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    uwot
    Enneagram:
    _
    Parental controls are the work of devil.

People should learn their children to think independently, critically and evaluate risks and benefits on their own. It's a strategy that pays itself off a hell of a lot more, and is actually useful in virtually any scenario that may unfold in a child's future. Imposing paranoid restrictions is more harmful in my opinion. It is likely to lead to stubborn and potentially harmful rebellion, destroys the trust between children and parents and devaluations the children's potential to think for themselves, robbing them of opportunity to develop this much needed skill.

Blind Bandit likes this.
  7. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    they'll just come up with alternative spellings for every word.... fast. and if you try to ban all teh alternate spellings, the result is that you can't type much without parts of significant words being cut out regularly.

8. NiennaLadyOfTears

NiennaLadyOfTears Goth Hobbit Lass
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    My kids wouldn't have phones to begin with. Not until they were able to pay for them themselves, and then not until a certain age.