Any social workers, potential or otherwise, out there? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Any social workers, potential or otherwise, out there?

[MENTION=3156]Urtehnoes[/MENTION]

Oh - I don't know about that necessarily...

Sometimes certain people could use with the direct approach such as you have. It depends upon the person you are trying to empower. Social workers empower people to get their lives back to the level they want. Most often people have been de-railed from the path they were walking - whether it be from a natural disaster, financial disaster, emotional disaster, etc. If you were to study human behavior and learn to recognize when the direct approach is applicable, you'd be good in certain fields of social work. Especially since your heart wants to be there.

I found this pdf online and glanced through it. It's published by a university. If you start on page 7, there are descriptions of various professions social workers find themselves in.

http://www.ssw.umich.edu/ongoing/OngoingSF2006.pdf

I would like to be a social worker, but I'm too condescending. Like, I have no problem taking care of the downtrodden, and infact I would enjoy it... But I know I would say things like "so.... why aren't you fixing this? WRONG ANSWER. There's no reason to. Now stop being a lazy ass and get up and do it!"

I'd say it out of love, but I can be an ass sometimes without meaning to.

Ha! I think i would feel the same way; which i always looked at as a negative. Or perhaps i would only attract clients that an take the direct approach. Either way I am considering social work :)