Another Perspective On What Makes You YOU. | INFJ Forum

Another Perspective On What Makes You YOU.

Kgal

Gone
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9 Mediator
The videos below are parts of a lecture on psychology from a Buddhist perspective. This information adds another layer of understanding of what makes us who we are and knowing INFJ

I want Pema's meditation bowl, that thing rocks.

/fails at ideologies ITT

Reactions: Kgal
Looks awesome, going to watch it when I get off work :)

i really enjoyed these links, particularly john kornfields though i also appreciated the sacred pause also. i followed along with her and id definitley think it could be used as a practical stress reducing technique bc of its convenience and for me at least pretty quick results in terms of feeling more centered and in the present.

ya know i was surprised at some of the similarities between buddhism and diamond approach, both of which put emphasis on living in the moment, though i really liked johns suggestion that want is what stops us from experiencing it, i'd never seen it this way before and it gave me a new perspective on what to look for in myself bc i really think hes on to something there. actually i think he mentioned enneagram in the second video also when talking about the different ways our fears manifest in terms of personality so i wonder in what other ways these theories might possibly run parallel. diamond approach suggests the 9 types can be divided into 3 broader categories and i wonder if they are similar to the three he described.

you've got me pretty interested in doing some research and finding out what other approaches might be beneficial for me spiritually, until now i knew little about buddhism/meditation so at least i have a place to start, thanks for the info.