Amplified Intuition - Ni + Ne = N˟ | INFJ Forum

Amplified Intuition - Ni + Ne = N˟

Trent

Community Member
Nov 17, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I recently ran into a female ENFP whose Ne was quite developed. If anyone can give me their interpretation of External Intuition please do. Sounds so interesting. The more we conversed the more our intuition co-mingled if I can say that. And when they crossed the ability to me seemed amplified. She had an ex who I could "feel" if you know what I mean. It was like tapping into an intuitive generator. I suppose her energy and mine meeting the same wavelength or frequency through agreement(?) creates the amplification. I have no doubt Dogman :) or someone will dissect what I just wrote (go for it). Can any other relate to 'exercising' their Ni/Ne or it gets almost charged when meeting another Ne/Ni?

Well there's lots of ways you can look at the Ni-Se and Ne-Si ideas. Keep in mind these only work if you think conceptually, and they're not particularly good for rote empirical application. So as disclaimer there's no objective answer to your question--only possible answers, and you should take what is interesting to you and forget about the rest.

Anyway, to me the point of the Ni-Se is the duality between things as they exist in material reality and appear to the senses (as if they're external objects with their own nature and existence) vs the subjective ideationally generated consciousness.

The gist of Si+Ne is different, where Si focuses on the fact that our personal sense experience is how sense experience is known, and what we ultimately have -- one could say from this perspective that the external objects conveying sense impression are inaccessible to the mind.
But with Ne, through abstraction, and envisioning, one can intuit the form of the object stimulating our experiences. But the key here is since this happens through abstraction, we are merely approaching the external object through the format we ourselves intuit.

Well there's lots of ways you can look at the Ni-Se and Ne-Si ideas. Keep in mind these only work if you think conceptually, and they're not particularly good for rote empirical application. So as disclaimer there's no objective answer to your question--only possible answers, and you should take what is interesting to you and forget about the rest.

Anyway, to me the point of the Ni-Se is the duality between things as they exist in material reality and appear to the senses (as if they're external objects with their own nature and existence) vs the subjective ideationally generated consciousness.

The gist of Si+Ne is different, where Si focuses on the fact that our personal sense experience is how sense experience is known, and what we ultimately have -- one could say from this perspective that the external objects conveying sense impression are inaccessible to the mind.
But with Ne, through abstraction, and envisioning, one can intuit the form of the object stimulating our experiences. But the key here is since this happens through abstraction, we are merely approaching the external object through the format we ourselves intuit.

I like the comparison of the duality idea. Just different ways of piecing data or information. If I understood that correctly?

The last two sentences. It sounds like intuitives are high percentage guessers? If a radar sees a UFO for example, it sees something. The shape on a two dimensional plane. Which brings up another facet. The other dimensional plane in my opinion is Fe. I "feel" that experience, but I 'guess' that ties to the correlation of Ni+Se duality like you mentioned. When I "feel" this snapshot of abstract information my feelings are the hands on the sculpture of clay that form the data which then goes to Ti or what's left of it. Thanks Charlatan.