Aiyana Stanley-Jones -age 7- killed in raid

WellNoWonder

Peace Through Action
Dec 10, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
http://www.freep.com/article/201005...-police-outline-final-moments-of-Aiyanas-life

This story enrages and saddens me at the same time. I have an overwhelming range of emotion about this tragedy.

I am really sick of the no-knock policy in this city, and I am sick of people getting killed, and killing each other, and the political shit in this city which doesn't help catalyze positive attitudes of the people here.

We need to take responsibility for our families, which includes raising our young people and guiding them towards independence and moral character.

I'm pissed that A&E has been filming here, and whatever agreement they have with the DPD, it does not appear to improve the competency of the police department.

I apologize for the emotions... Maybe I'm overdoing it right now.....

Reactions: Stu
It appears that the detectives working this case would have known that a child might be present. It will be interesting to see how A&E portrays this.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
It appears that the detectives working this case would have known that a child might be present. It will be interesting to see how A&E portrays this.

This is the greatest cause of my angst.

If they had enough evidence for the judge to issue the warrant (they'd been surveilling the place for hours), then they definitely knew there were children there, given there were toys in the front yard.

Last edited:
I heard about this story over the weekend. I'm still pissed off about this.

A terrible, tragic and entirely preventable death of an innocent. Stories like this leave me numb. There are no words that can make it better.

Sad. My question is was there outright resistance by the mom or were the police acting on the belief that she was resisting them. In high pressure situations like this, people don't usually think smartly or carefully. They act first in the belief that they are defending themselves in some way, however stupid their action seems. So, if that's the case, then new police maneuvers should be put in place to protect everyone. If someone is not immediately showing danger of a threat then acting as if they are an immediate threat doesn't sound reasonable. But don't know the details, so it's probably not fair to speculate.

Sad. My question is was there outright resistance by the mom or were the police acting on the belief that she was resisting them.

Apparently there was a tape given/shown to a prominent attorney by a mystery person. Supposedly, the video showed that after the grenade was thrown through the window, a single gunshot was fired through the window after it.

Grenade and bullet both hit the girl. The lawyer has filed suits against DPD accusing them of a cover-up.

I don't believe in jumping to conclusions either, but there is something so off about this.....

Apparently there was a tape given/shown to a prominent attorney by a mystery person. Supposedly, the video showed that after the grenade was thrown through the window, a single gunshot was fired through the window after it.

Grenade and bullet both hit the girl. The lawyer has filed suits against DPD accusing them of a cover-up.

I don't believe in jumping to conclusions either, but there is something so off about this.....
It's the Detroit PD, something is very off.