Aion | INFJ Forum

Aion

S

Shai Gar

Goddamn this stupid game.

It's loading in fucking Korean.
I can't speak korean. There are only about 78 Million Korean Language Users. It's the 13th most spoken language. Which means there are 12 far more spoken languages.

I've tried looking for solutions, but beyond "Install it again" there's nothing.

Pretty major flaw right there.

It's a Lineage 2 re-hash managed by a company that will never gain much ground anywhere other than Asia (this isn't much true anymore as WoW has taken lineage's once golden position in asia).

NCSOFTs horrible managing skills, lack of creativity and inspiration will only spawn more pieces of shits.

They target people short of attention who are quickly amazed by cool looking armor, weapons and mystified by hype. As quickly these gamers come is as they as quickly as they leave, thus without profit the company stops giving full support as the community dies. But that is fine because the money would have been paid and they would have made a profit; that is the way of the Korean mmo/video game market.

However there are much worse.

Last edited:
You've played Aion already, for the time required to have an opinion of the game and community? Despite the fact that it just came out?

Aion, definitely. You're an angel and you fight demons. What's better than flying and killing things?

Nothing. That's why The Red Baron is the greatest human ever.

Didn't know you had a teddy bear fetish

Aion, definitely. You're an angel and you fight demons. What's better than flying and killing things?

Nothing. That's why The Red Baron is the greatest human ever.

Erich Hartmann kicked his ass... and was my great uncle. No kidding. My other great uncle was Paul von Hase.

I'm looking at the Aion stuff, and I'm not really seeing anything resembling an immersive roleplaying experience. It looks like NCSoft is relying more on PvP than anything else to provide their content. Their games tend to be nothing more than a constant competition for the highest level and best gear so you can go beat up on the other players. I don't care how pretty they are. That's not my idea of fun.

Speaking of mmo's, I used to play EQ2, anyone else? :p

No. It was an Australian Infantryman that brought the baron down.

I'm basing this on what was said above in previous comments.

I'm considering playing an MMO again after a few years. I'm wondering if there is anything worth wasting my time.

I do not think so, the next generation of MMOs aren't really out yet. The grind and level method is still within all MMOs today.

I'd say you're better off playing a FPS or RTS, where you get to keep your learned skilled regardless of items or time.

Speaking of mmo's, I used to play EQ2, anyone else? :p

I did. I loved the detail in the game mechanics but found the splintered world as lacking as the gameplay, which was just enough to have me lose interest. I've recently been told that they've changed a lot over the years since its release. I may go back for a free trial to see.

No. It was an Australian Infantryman that brought the baron down.

Erich Hartmann was a WWII pilot, who was born 4 years after Richtohfen was shot down, and claimed 352 combat kills - 4 times that of the Red Baron. No one has ever even come close to that figure. Most importantly, Hartmann was never shot down and died in 1993 at the ripe old age of 71. Clearly these two pilots were never contemporaries, nor peers.

I do not think so, the next generation of MMOs aren't really out yet. The grind and level method is still within all MMOs today.

Yeah, the grind and level method really annoys me as well. I loved the original Star Wars Galaxies mechanic which was the closest to a free form skills based system as has been published. It was a real pity that they took that out.

It got worse over the years, so no point getting back imo. EQ2 had many flaws, but it was one of the mmo's where it took more than good gear to be the best player. It took intelligence and skill to be the best, and that's what I loved about it.

Being the best, meaning being the best raider if you ever got to that point, up until the raiding part the game is quite boring.