Adult Romance Genre Fiction | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Adult Romance Genre Fiction

You should write romance novels. :nod:

actually, sometimes i have thought about it. romance genre fiction is a big booming industry. i could get a few dollars of pocket money. :wof:

i have sometimes thought about writing gay romance, just because the gay romance that i have read, that is at the top of the goodreads charts, is not what i would consider to be about normal relationships or normal guys. its always about a straight man falling for a gay man. i mean im sure that happens, but i wouldnt really consider it to be a normal occurrence. there is not really a lot of books out there in gay romance that is just about normal gay men who meet, fall in love, have misunderstandings, reach compromises, etc. and i find that weird, because there are heaps of books in straight romance just about normal couples. it almost makes it seem like two gay men cant have a normal relationship.

@Gist should write romance too.

why so nervous? it was awesome and you know it! and you dont have to feel shy about what others might think of you. youre a good person. if people dont like it, forget them!!!! :hug:

Thanks. Though, as any writer, you're not sure how your work will be received. Posting work, especially something so adult, which is farthest away from what I usually write, would make anyone nervous I would think. Sometimes you post something, and you're not sure how it comes across, especially on a public forum, so it's a fair curiosity to wonder about it. I think any writer publishing their work has a little self conscious. Not necessarily a bad thing. It just means you care enough to make it something others would like or appreciate.:)

actually, sometimes i have thought about it. romance genre fiction is a big booming industry. i could get a few dollars of pocket money. :wof:

i have sometimes thought about writing gay romance, just because the gay romance that i have read, that is at the top of the goodreads charts, is not what i would consider to be about normal relationships or normal guys. its always about a straight man falling for a gay man. i mean im sure that happens, but i wouldnt really consider it to be a normal occurrence. there is not really a lot of books out there in gay romance that is just about normal gay men who meet, fall in love, have misunderstandings, reach compromises, etc. and i find that weird, because there are heaps of books in straight romance just about normal couples. it almost makes it seem like two gay men cant have a normal relationship.

@Gist should write romance too.

"A straight man falling for a gay man"....is the ultimate display of the power of love....eh? I mean he must really love the guy if he forsakes his "straightness" and goes ahead with being willing to love the gay man.

Sheesh.... I guess that's why they call it fiction.

Right now I crave stories about anyone walking the Shift with some visionary stuff happening to and from them. I mean I'd love to read a novel about someone like me accomplishing what I'd like to see happen. Hahahahaha.... I wonder if one can write the story of their life they'd like to see.

Anyway - there is a dearth of those kinds of books out there but luckily Dr. Suzanne Lie has released her books for publication and I'm on book 1. Her story lines arc through a couple of entities who fall in love - have a child - and go off to have their own missions and ascension process. The books were channeled to her from other entities and there is a knowing they are based upon true accounts of true entities....so it's fascinating to read about other worlds and what they've gone through for ascension. It is helping me move through my fears that arise whenever something new and weird happens to me. :D ...and for that I am grateful. She is helping to "normalize" the ascension process.

Perhaps you could help "normalize" gay relationships and increase knowledge and understanding of the myriad perspectives of being a Human.

At any rate - it's a pleasure to read your words - whatever they may be.

2h3rbbp.jpg

faafdz.jpg

i have read this book some time ago. i found it because i think that at the time i was desperate to escape a family situation i was in and i was imagining that i would get rescued by yes, a stranger. it was an OK book, well written and entertaining, but sadly the characters had no credibility, because they were just too idealised.

anyway, i saw the original picture on the internet the other day on a tumblr of hunk pics that i follow :redface:, and was reminded of the cover art for the book. i dont really know how these things work, whether the photograph is commissioned and then the art is created, or whether the art is discovered by the artist and they ask the photographer if they can create a romance cover painting out of their photograph.

what interested me is that the artist for the cover made the model more perfect. the artist represents the model with a lower hairline and more perky pectoral muscles. looking at the picture of the genuine article, i would never think of him as anything less than perfect looking. but for some reason, the artist felt the need to make him look yet more perfect than he actually is. i find this interesting and maybe a little bit sickening.

"A straight man falling for a gay man"....is the ultimate display of the power of love....eh? I mean he must really love the guy if he forsakes his "straightness" and goes ahead with being willing to love the gay man.

Sheesh.... I guess that's why they call it fiction.

that is exactly what it is, the power of love, and, it sickens me too. but, i guess those writers believe that they are achieving something worthwhile, and i think its true that they are. they have to try to do what they believe is right, and what they have thought about as being right. it is easy for me to even get a little bit angry about the writers - but i remind myself that i basically respect what they are doing.

Right now I crave stories about anyone walking the Shift with some visionary stuff happening to and from them. I mean I'd love to read a novel about someone like me accomplishing what I'd like to see happen. Hahahahaha.... I wonder if one can write the story of their life they'd like to see.

Anyway - there is a dearth of those kinds of books out there but luckily Dr. Suzanne Lie has released her books for publication and I'm on book 1. Her story lines arc through a couple of entities who fall in love - have a child - and go off to have their own missions and ascension process. The books were channeled to her from other entities and there is a knowing they are based upon true accounts of true entities....so it's fascinating to read about other worlds and what they've gone through for ascension. It is helping me move through my fears that arise whenever something new and weird happens to me. :D ...and for that I am grateful. She is helping to "normalize" the ascension process.

Perhaps you could help "normalize" gay relationships and increase knowledge and understanding of the myriad perspectives of being a Human.

At any rate - it's a pleasure to read your words - whatever they may be.

i will be interested to check out the books you mentioned.

i think that a large part of the value that i see in romance genre fiction is that it brings people closer to each other. it gives people an opportunity to empathise with others in ways that we otherwise have a lot of trouble with. as you so eloquently and accurately put it, "myriad perspectives".

i read the next book in this sportsman series im reading. Jaci Burton, "Thrown By A Curve". it was the best one in the series so far, because the characters were much more substantial and realistic than in the previous books. they did not just "fall into bed", they had genuine reservations about it, and i thought that the reservations were portrayed realistically.

also, they were portrayed as consistently using condoms. i think condoms are a major point of contention in romance fiction. i dont think that there is any way that writers of contemporary romance fictions can realistically pretend that condoms do not exist. it is totally and completely necessary to deal with condoms, for so many reasons. the reasons are so obvious that maybe it is pointless to mention them. but they have to do maybe not so much with contraception (everyone knows they prevent conception), but with respecting others, both in terms of transmissible pathogen infection, but also, and also connected to and arising from this idea of respecting someone enough to protect them from possible illness, a "psychological barrier", a respectful distance that is created in the development of intimacy. i always get annoyed when the couple becomes so impassioned that they "forget" to use the condom. this happens all the time in these novels. how is it possible to "forget" to use a condom? this is not good enough for me... if you love someone, you use a condom at times when you have not yet discussed the meaning of condoms and expectations for levels of commitment that are associated with not using them.

well i guess i just find it very interesting, the ways that these books deal with condoms.

ive decided to take a break from reading romance. ive been finding it cloying. also, it is not providing any sense of escape for me, because i have been feeling no desire within myself for close intimacy with another person.

ive decided to read childrens classics. due to my study, and stressful life events, i dont seem to have been able to concentrate on literary fiction for a pretty long time. im just so busy every day, working or studying, i dont have the energy to read historically important works of literature. too exhausted, too much concentration!

at the moment im about 2/3 through "Anne of Green Gables". it is light and entertaining, but also has fascinating depths to do with character and religion. im intending to read all of Montgomery's books about this character.

i guess i will post on this thread more when i am reading more romance again! or maybe when i have more thoughts about it. which i guess may end up being sooner than i hope.

i read the next book in this sportsman series im reading. Jaci Burton, "Thrown By A Curve". it was the best one in the series so far, because the characters were much more substantial and realistic than in the previous books. they did not just "fall into bed", they had genuine reservations about it, and i thought that the reservations were portrayed realistically.

also, they were portrayed as consistently using condoms. i think condoms are a major point of contention in romance fiction. i dont think that there is any way that writers of contemporary romance fictions can realistically pretend that condoms do not exist. it is totally and completely necessary to deal with condoms, for so many reasons. the reasons are so obvious that maybe it is pointless to mention them. but they have to do maybe not so much with contraception (everyone knows they prevent conception), but with respecting others, both in terms of transmissible pathogen infection, but also, and also connected to and arising from this idea of respecting someone enough to protect them from possible illness, a "psychological barrier", a respectful distance that is created in the development of intimacy. i always get annoyed when the couple becomes so impassioned that they "forget" to use the condom. this happens all the time in these novels. how is it possible to "forget" to use a condom? this is not good enough for me... if you love someone, you use a condom at times when you have not yet discussed the meaning of condoms and expectations for levels of commitment that are associated with not using them.

well i guess i just find it very interesting, the ways that these books deal with condoms.

ive decided to take a break from reading romance. ive been finding it cloying. also, it is not providing any sense of escape for me, because i have been feeling no desire within myself for close intimacy with another person.

ive decided to read childrens classics. due to my study, and stressful life events, i dont seem to have been able to concentrate on literary fiction for a pretty long time. im just so busy every day, working or studying, i dont have the energy to read historically important works of literature. too exhausted, too much concentration!

at the moment im about 2/3 through "Anne of Green Gables". it is light and entertaining, but also has fascinating depths to do with character and religion. im intending to read all of Montgomery's books about this character.

i guess i will post on this thread more when i am reading more romance again! or maybe when i have more thoughts about it. which i guess may end up being sooner than i hope.

Do you ever finish reading Anne of Green Gables?

Do you ever finish reading Anne of Green Gables?

Actually, I didn't. I got distracted, then I completely forgot about it. It was entertaining and I could definitely appreciate why it is a classic, but I guess I didn't personally relate to it much. Maybe I should go on and finish it now.

Actually, I didn't. I got distracted, then I completely forgot about it. It was entertaining and I could definitely appreciate why it is a classic, but I guess I didn't personally relate to it much. Maybe I should go on and finish it now.

Not sure if you've seen the films, but a Canadian film production of the books were done. Anne of Green Gables (1985), Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987), Anne of Green Gables: Continuing Story (2000). They are not completely faithful to the books, but I've enjoyed it. Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie (passed away recently).

I'm reading this one called "Bride of The Dragon" by Georgette St. Clair on Amazon Kindle. And I thought the story was just going to be the typical paranormal romance, which it is in some ways, but there also surprisingly a good amount of lol moments. Some of the dialogue because of the sarcasm, is hilarious. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. :)