Adieu Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds RIP | INFJ Forum

Adieu Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds RIP

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Princess+Leia+1.jpg

No! You are not serious! I thought she was stable? I'm not really into mourning celebs, but I've seen and listened to a lot of interviews with her and she seemed very genuine and not pretentious... Idk I was really hoping she would make it..It's sad when anyone dies, but to me, based on interviews she was so relatable and down to earth and had so much more to do.

Last edited:
Mourning these actors or musicians is not about celeb worship, at least for me. George Michael and Carrie Fisher were a huge part of my childhood in 80s and 90s. Star Wars was THE film series from 1970s and 80s. Being raised as an only child, TV and movies were my life. That was my playground and entertainment. So, no, not about idolizing celebrity but remembering the things that made an often lonely childhood exciting, fun and unique. It was a different world then, so it's nice to appreciate the persons lost to us who had an impact on how we grew up.

Last edited:
:( this news is saddening.

After all the the ups & downs, and she was a huge catalyst for Bipolar Disorder and the importance of caring for mental health as well as physical health.

A quote from her last HBO special...
"If my life wasn't so true, it would be funny."

I'd reckon her struggles are over :(

Sad about this one for the reasons @Gale summed up so well. She did have an impact on me and seeing her on that that big screen in Star Wars, well it left an impression on a boy, and there's no getting around that. Princess Leia was not a traditional princess in any way, she spoke her mind and stood up for herself and what was right, that was in Carrie and she infused the character with that part of her. So yes, she was beautiful and determined. She also struggled with life and her demons that part is not deniable. But look at her in the Force Awakens, she came back as her genuine self, the character was again infused with the person she was. Tell me how can that be replaced in a world and an industry entirely lacking in sincerity?

tumblr_mhztrvZAHy1rey8wlo1_500.jpg

She was a symbol of my childhood, and will be our timeless Princess/General Leia. I have so many fond memories of wanting to be her, dressing up as her, even did the side buns.

I once hit on her in a restaurant a billion years ago, though she wasn't too keen on my advances.

No way.

Another celebrity icon and piece of my childhood... just poof!

I'm so sad for her family and friends and fans :(

Debbie Reynolds RIP :(

Now her mom, too?!

"She wanted to be with Carrie," Reynolds' son, Todd Fisher, was quoted as telling Variety magazine." -BBC NEWS

RIP Carrie and Debbie :pensive: