Absence or Presence? | INFJ Forum

Absence or Presence?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Are you more likely to notice the absence or presence of a particular element or aspect of a person or a relationship? When and in what context? This could be a quality, trait, characteristic which is physical, emotional, mental, or social in nature.

When it comes to absence, I notice when someone who always cheers me up, builds me up.. you know someone I enjoy is not there.

When it comes to presence, if someone does something that gets on my nerves, that's when I notice their presence.

Who the person is generally has nothing do to with it. Usually, I either REALLY like someone or REALLY dislike them. So I usually don't pay attention to things like, 'aaah this quality is really missing from this person' or 'if this person's ___ trait were stronger, that'd be nice'.

I am not sure about absence. But yes can say about presence. When person in a relationship or any other thing, is really presence, then s/he will behave properly, will able acknowledge the current moment and also you will feel they are in present moment with you.

Abstract things are usually positive for me - I guess because they have a perfection about them.

Concrete things almost always fall sort of my abstract ideals.

I wish I could stop comparing concrete things with my ideals, but it just seems to happen. So, to answer the question, I'll notice both the good and bad aspects of someone/something/some relationship with some initial indifference. However, when I have time to reflect on things I start comparing and judging. :(

Res you got all these dope ass questions stirring in your head. I love this forum. Real people talking about real stuff. Its not like facebook or twitter where people just post surface comments. Also, not a lot of creepers too so that a bonus. Anyways.

I always notice what people have. It takes a while for me to realize a personality trait that someone lacks. When I was depressed I would naturally notice the negative sides of people. But now that i'm happy I see positive traits in most the people I meet.

Are you more likely to notice the absence or presence of a particular element or aspect of a person or a relationship? When and in what context? This could be a quality, trait, characteristic which is physical, emotional, mental, or social in nature.

I'm more likley to spot a difference, whether it's absent or present. When you don't seem like "you" based on how I've come to know "you".