Absence or Presence? | INFJ Forum

Absence or Presence?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Gaze, Apr 15, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Gaze
  1. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Are you more likely to notice the absence or presence of a particular element or aspect of a person or a relationship? When and in what context? This could be a quality, trait, characteristic which is physical, emotional, mental, or social in nature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wyst

Wyst Are you there?

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    When it comes to absence, I notice when someone who always cheers me up, builds me up.. you know someone I enjoy is not there.

When it comes to presence, if someone does something that gets on my nerves, that's when I notice their presence.

Who the person is generally has nothing do to with it. Usually, I either REALLY like someone or REALLY dislike them. So I usually don't pay attention to things like, 'aaah this quality is really missing from this person' or 'if this person's ___ trait were stronger, that'd be nice'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    I am not sure about absence. But yes can say about presence. When person in a relationship or any other thing, is really presence, then s/he will behave properly, will able acknowledge the current moment and also you will feel they are in present moment with you.

4. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    Abstract things are usually positive for me - I guess because they have a perfection about them.

Concrete things almost always fall sort of my abstract ideals.

I wish I could stop comparing concrete things with my ideals, but it just seems to happen. So, to answer the question, I'll notice both the good and bad aspects of someone/something/some relationship with some initial indifference. However, when I have time to reflect on things I start comparing and judging. :(

5. tfg345i4u5lw

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    None
    Res you got all these dope ass questions stirring in your head. I love this forum. Real people talking about real stuff. Its not like facebook or twitter where people just post surface comments. Also, not a lot of creepers too so that a bonus. Anyways.

I always notice what people have. It takes a while for me to realize a personality trait that someone lacks. When I was depressed I would naturally notice the negative sides of people. But now that i'm happy I see positive traits in most the people I meet.

6. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    I'm more likley to spot a difference, whether it's absent or present. When you don't seem like "you" based on how I've come to know "you".