A Rant/Love Letter on Actions, Decisions, What Motivates Them, and All That Jazz | INFJ Forum

A Rant/Love Letter on Actions, Decisions, What Motivates Them, and All That Jazz

bibliophile934

Regular Poster
Aug 26, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
From a Journal entry on July 6, 2015 10:45 am

Our actions and decisions have a true reason and a reason we tell ourselves and others. We have these other reasons because these are what we believe people and society expect of us and we desire acceptance. I am as bad about this as anyone, but I secretly hate that about myself. All that constantly worrying about what others think of me only makes me unhappy. It's okay to want to know what they think and how they feel about me, but I've been using this knowledge inefficiently. Instead I need to internalize what they have to say and think about the effects they have on me and why they affect me they way that they do so that I can reach a better understanding of myself. In this way maybe I can be one step closer to my ultimate goal; happy.

From a Journal entry on July 6, 2015 10:45 am

Our actions and decisions have a true reason and a reason we tell ourselves and others.

May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

We have these other reasons because these are what we believe people and society expect of us and we desire acceptance. I am as bad about this as anyone, but I secretly hate that about myself. All that constantly worrying about what others think of me only makes me unhappy. It's okay to want to know what they think and how they feel about me, but I've been using this knowledge inefficiently. Instead I need to internalize what they have to say and think about the effects they have on me and why they affect me they way that they do so that I can reach a better understanding of myself. In this way maybe I can be one step closer to my ultimate goal; happy.

I know this feeling all too well. Don't look for what other people think of you to find your inner happiness. Opinions are selfish, and can't be trusted. Help others and find people that love you for who you are, and you maybe you will find out who you are.

Eastern Religions have a concept called Maya, which refers to the illusion of meaning and superficial happiness. They believe that it comes from our limited way of perceiving the world, and it is a result of the input that we get from the world. It removes us from true happiness; the happiness that we've always had. They say that the only way to achieve true happiness is to find our core and operate from that. In other words, don't let Miley Cyrus and Coca-Cola determine what happiness is. Find your own path, your natural love of yourself. Change comes from within, and when we are in touch with ourselves, we operate better in the material world. I hope that made sense :)