Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
666 POSTS, HAIL SATAN!!!!

Okay, not really.

I don't really like Satanism. What could be more miserable than a life devoted to pleasure? They are trying to accept all aspects of themselves, yet doing so in a way that will create great fear and anxiety (thus defeating the purpose).

It doesn't help that LaVey was corrupt and sold priesthoods, and I will go to hell before I pay $200 dollars and wait a year for a red card.

Lol, are you automatically a devil at 666 posts?

Yup.
Been there, done that.

I don't really like Satanism. What could be more miserable than a life devoted to pleasure?
A life devoted to denying yourself things. If you devote your life to pleasure, there's nothing miserable about it. We all take pleasure from different things, if you don't want to do something, just don't do it. Forcing yourself to do a thing because it's accepted in the mainstream of the path you're taking, is a sin in Satanism, and goes against the ideals.

They are trying to accept all aspects of themselves, yet doing so in a way that will create great fear and anxiety (thus defeating the purpose).
It's not defeating the purpose at all. People fear things they don't understand. People don't understand things they don't know. People don't know things they don't learn. People don't learn things when they're ignorant. Ignorant people should be laughed at. How better to laugh at someone than to say or create things that they fear and watch them jump?

It doesn't help that LaVey was corrupt and sold priesthoods, and I will go to hell before I pay $200 dollars and wait a year for a red card.
Satanism is a left hand path open source religion. It can be anything to anyone as long as they follow the extremely open laws. Why not make money off of it?

Ignorant people should be laughed at. How better to laugh at someone than to say or create things that they fear and watch them jump?

No ignorant people should be observed and dismissed, not mocked. There are better things to do with one's time.

True story: My Aunt Sharon gave me the Satanic Verses to read when I was eight. I ripped it up because I brought it to school and the teacher made a HUGE HUGE deal out of it. Its the only book I've ever destroyed. I feel a bit bad about it, actually. I've got my issues with LaVey though. I'm not sure how seriously to take the man. Satanism always reminds my of Remedial Mysticism for Assholes. But I might be wrong. My path is a bit different, but not wholly different.

You ripped up a book?

We can never have sex.

I WAS EIGHT AND EVERYONE TOLD ME I WAS GOING TO HELL IF I DIDN'T. I STILL FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!

*considers*

Oh wait, what am I saying? Yes I rip up books all. the. time. I host book burning parties like bonfires. I've been eying libraries next. I've been thinking too small.

Reactions: sassafras
You ripped up a book?

We can never have sex.

I WAS EIGHT AND EVERYONE TOLD ME I WAS GOING TO HELL IF I DIDN'T. I STILL FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!

*considers*

Oh wait, what am I saying? Yes I rip up books all. the. time. I host book burning parties like bonfires. I've been eying libraries next. I've been thinking too small.

This amused me.

Pfft, you want to fuck me. You just can't now. Screw what other people say, I accidentally ripped a part of a page in the bible when i was 2 years old and I started crying and screaming and trying to fix the damn thing.

I thought I was the only one allowed to do that.

:(

probably rip stuff up.

A life devoted to denying yourself things. If you devote your life to pleasure, there's nothing miserable about it. We all take pleasure from different things, if you don't want to do something, just don't do it. Forcing yourself to do a thing because it's accepted in the mainstream of the path you're taking, is a sin in Satanism, and goes against the ideals.

It's not defeating the purpose at all. People fear things they don't understand. People don't understand things they don't know. People don't know things they don't learn. People don't learn things when they're ignorant. Ignorant people should be laughed at. How better to laugh at someone than to say or create things that they fear and watch them jump?

Satanism is a left hand path open source religion. It can be anything to anyone as long as they follow the extremely open laws. Why not make money off of it?

A life devoted to denying yourself things is a life of pleasure in the sense that you are enjoying the mental pleasure of denying yourself things in order to be more in touch with god or whatever. I don't see the difference between striving for item A and striving for item B be it thought or not as both produce pleasure. Its not so much the pleasure in itself that is the problem but the fact that you become a slave to the pleasure and have the fear of not attaining it. I'd rather take the pleasures as they come or don't come and now worry about whether or not I am deprived because deprivation in terms of pleasure is always relative and therefore usually an unavoidable sensation of clinging and misery.

I'm also of the opinion that forcing yourself to do anything, whether or not it is mainstream, is forcing yourself into misery out of fear. This includes forcing yourself to seek pleasure outside of the herd mentality or society. You either are in the herd or you aren't, end of story. If you think you can escape by "being an individual", think again. The fear you experience as an attempt to escape the herd will result in the creation of fear that will prove very useful into forcing yourself into the herd. Did you ever find anything ironic about an individualistic religion or an organization of individuals? It seems like an oxymoron to me.

I don't see what understanding has to do with knowledge. You can know something but not understand it and understand something without knowing it. Having self knowledge is not the same as self understanding. Self understanding is far more important, at least when it comes to keeping your sanity. Yes, we need self knowledge, but you can't put that knowledge to use without knowing why you should put it to use.

Why not make money off of Satanism? Because then the religion is no better than Scientology, that is why.

Why not make money off of Satanism? Because then the religion is no better than Scientology, that is why.
Satanism shows all it's stuff straight up. There's no hidden secrets that you can't find out for yourself if you've bought the books. Whereas scientology demands a massive lifestyle change straight away, and only gives you information the more you pay. Scientology is more like Christianity than Satanism.

The rest of your post is too stupid to answer.

Satanism shows all it's stuff straight up. There's no hidden secrets that you can't find out for yourself if you've bought the books. Whereas scientology demands a massive lifestyle change straight away, and only gives you information the more you pay. Scientology is more like Christianity than Satanism.

The rest of your post is too stupid to answer.

I think Lavey's Satanism was more of a code. Excepting that bullshit about magic. I think it was pure realism. It pretty much depicts the true way of life of any westerner today. It's different from what christians perceive as satanism, and If I remember correctly it has little to do with satan himself.

Last edited:
Well then, you lose.

You're right. I just lost the game.

I think Lavey's Satanism was more of a code. Excepting that bullshit about magic. I think it was pure realism. It pretty much depicts the true way of life of any westerner today. It's different from what christians perceive as satanism, and If I remember correctly it has little to do with satan himself.

No, the magick is similar to aleister crowleys magick. It's applied psychology through ritual.

You really want me to start lining up all the ways Scientology is similar to Christianity?

The satanic rituals are nothing like auditing. Have you ever read the bible or the rituals?

You really want me to start lining up all the ways Scientology is similar to Christianity?

touchedFSM.jpg