1 in 6 Americans in poverty? | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

1 in 6 Americans in poverty?

It may not have been accepted by the people, but that's how it happened. Remember, they were being ruled by an outside power for a very long time; there were a lot of colonies before then. A lot of people were given freedom from those countries, though. They aimed more for allowing for the sovereign rule of the indigenous people after the war, and a lot of countries were actually freed from outside rule.

Communism is not a bad ideology. It has some very appealing aspects. I understand why some countries would elect communism. I never said that it was only achieved through violent revolution. I mean, North Vietnam wanted communism, and so did North Korea as well.

The problem, though, is part of Marxist philosophy involves the spread of communism and revolution -- which is one of the reasons that it can be violent. South Vietnam was fighting North Vietnam because they did not want to become communist. That's where the problem starts. You can't deny that there were plenty of countries that could have had a much cleaner intro into communism.

Actually, South Vietnam was fighting North Vietnam because it was a US Puppet state. No one in the US Government at the time, or now denies that.
Ng