Your sanctuary | INFJ Forum

Your sanctuary

Do you ever visualize your ideal life?

• No, I dont care

• No, I'm to caught up in my reality.

• Yeah, Its good the fantasize.

• Yes, I believe my intentional focus will and does become my reality.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moranga

Community Member
Mar 31, 2021
MBTI
infjjfni
If you can imagine a place all your own and you could have it anyway you want. What would it be like?

Mine would be a home with a pretty good size property surrounding it elevated on a bluff over looking a white sand beach situated in a large cove. There would be a perfectly shaped reef that caught swell from any direction and broke in perfect A-frames that peeled right and left in the head high to a few feet overhead size range. The tidal pools would have crabs, abalone, and lobster on the edges. The house would be open air because the climate would be like it is in Hawaii. 70-80 degrees year around but not too humid with a gentle steady breeze. It would be mostly Sunny with the perfect amount of rain fall to water the land and forests without my influence. I would have Rainbow Eucalyptus trees around the property. (If you have not seen one they are incredible) I would have a food forest that you could enter from the back porch will the perfect balance of apple, pear, banana, mango, Barbados cherry, Star cherry, fig, Soursop, Jackfruit, Jaboticaba, Sapotas, Morangas, Cocoa, Avocados, Pistachio and pecan trees. There would be trellises covered in kiwi, cucumber, bean and berry vines. The floor would have various types of melons and strawberries in places. A perfect balance of overhead, mid and small stature plants. Bee hives for honey and pollination. The open air structure would have high ceilings and large spans of glass that could be opened and stacked or closed with the structure made from Teak and Mahogany woods. Stained in shades of Reds, Tans, Blues and Greens in different rooms. A giant walkin shower with a waterfall output with palms around the edge. It would have a huge deck over looking the ocean facing West for the Sunsets. The grass would be zoysia that stayed the perfect height and feels good to walk around barefooted. Id have dogs and cats that got along.

"Yes, I believe my intentional focus will and does become my reality"

100%. I know because I've lived it. But I don't think "LOA" (I loathe that acronym) is anything like people believe it is -- The Secret, etc. There is magic, but by the time you recognize it as such it will be so indistinguishable from reality that you won't be able to convince yourself, let alone anyone else. That's how weird that shit is.

As far my ideal place, here's two pictures that 'feel' right, but I'd have to sit down and write out the details.

zzr.jpg

zzr1.jpg

"Yes, I believe my intentional focus will and does become my reality"

100%. I know because I've lived it. But I don't think "LOA" (I loathe that acronym) is anything like people believe it is -- The Secret, etc. There is magic, but by the time you recognize it as such it will be so indistinguishable from reality that you won't be able to convince yourself, let alone anyone else. That's how weird that shit is.

As far my ideal place, here's two pictures that 'feel' right, but I'd have to sit down and write out the details.

View attachment 79404

View attachment 79405

Those are cool pics. I get it. Regarding manifestation I think a key ingredient is keeping your dream to yourself at least until it becomes reality and being grateful for the outcome from the start as if its already real. It seems like the energy gets diminished if its not coming directly and solely from you. idk but i've seen it play out enough to dismiss coincidence.

I visualize my life a lot. I've been disconnected from that process for a while, but I do like to look up places that make me feel how I want to feel. I also do a lot of house hunting to imagine myself in a variety of different homes. I like the online listings where you can "walk through" and explore. I like to think about how I would spend my time, how I would physically and mentally feel, who I would have in my "circle" etc.

I do visualize what I would do to a space but when it comes to the ideal living, I've subscribed to infinite open-endedness to keep myself open to possibilities. I know that I'd like a garden, and a beach if possible, with a view of the forests, and the whole thing would be under an hour from the city for days of wanting to see people from a distance but I am very firmly rooted in my realities, too. I know what is actually available to me as an option so rather than allowing myself to be endeared to these fantasies to the point of making them my goal, I accept whatever opportunity may bring to me. Thus, I visualize my ideal space depending on what is before me at the moment. When I'm strong enough, I execute them. I almost always do, although within very clear limitations of what I allow myself to do as I answer the question: would this be a good investment of my time and effort? Oh but surely, I've dreamed of changing worlds in every way.

I used to have a place like that in my mind, a life that was idyllic and perfect in every way. Now.....there are things I don't want to give up for anything, not even for what once was the ideal place. My kids are getting older and time slips through my hands like sand, time that I will never get back. I keep asking myself, "have I done enough? Am I enough for them?" I take a look around my abode and even though it is old and in disrepair, and I haven't done to the place what I dreamed of doing, it is mine. It has been and is my sanctuary.

I do visualize what I would do to a space but when it comes to the ideal living, I've subscribed to infinite open-endedness to keep myself open to possibilities. I know that I'd like a garden, and a beach if possible, with a view of the forests, and the whole thing would be under an hour from the city for days of wanting to see people from a distance but I am very firmly rooted in my realities, too. I know what is actually available to me as an option so rather than allowing myself to be endeared to these fantasies to the point of making them my goal, I accept whatever opportunity may bring to me. Thus, I visualize my ideal space depending on what is before me at the moment. When I'm strong enough, I execute them. I almost always do, although within very clear limitations of what I allow myself to do as I answer the question: would this be a good investment of my time and effort? Oh but surely, I've dreamed of changing worlds in every way.

I used to have a place like that in my mind, a life that was idyllic and perfect in every way. Now.....there are things I don't want to give up for anything, not even for what once was the ideal place. My kids are getting older and time slips through my hands like sand, time that I will never get back. I keep asking myself, "have I done enough? Am I enough for them?" I take a look around my abode and even though it is old and in disrepair, and I haven't done to the place what I dreamed of doing, it is mine. It has been and is my sanctuary.

I understand and respect each of these views. Thank you both for sharing.

Mine would be a home in the countryside, with beautiful views.
It would be bright, with large windows throughout.
There would be dimmers for all overhead lighting.
All the floors with be wooden.
My bedroom would be ensuite, with a bath and a rainfall shower head. There would be a walk in closet.
In the kitchen there would be a large island and marbletop counters and white cabinets.
I'd have a fireplace in the living room.
There would be a conservatory, filled with lots of plants. This could be my meditation and yoga space.
The house would have a large garden, filled with trees, plants and flowers. I like to be close to water, so there would be a small river nearby.

This is unrelated to this post, but I just want to thank you for the things you share in your blog. I relate to much of it and in a way that only I understand. I dont mean this to put you on the spot. Many feelings I have remain internalized because I just dont have the words. Thanks Thomas

Last edited:
This is unrelated to this post, but I just want to thank you for the things you share in your blog. I relate to much of it and in a way that only I understand. I dont mean this to put you on the spot. Many feelings I have remain internalized because I just dont have the words. Thanks Thomas

It makes me glad to hear that some things I have written have been helpful.

I want to add that having my own personal observatory would be pretty kick a$$

That would be awesome. I'm glad you see that "the Sanctuary" was meant to be an imagination exercise to imagine the ideal place without the limitations that we seem to take on more as life progresses.

I don't know if I've ever visualised an ideal environment or home, beyond the vague impression of a companion or partner. The home would be the person, with everything beyond that immaterial.

Having said that, at one time maybe five years ago now I did experience a recurring dream of what I understood was my future home.

I would be sat in an armchair reading a book, in front of a great windowed wall, the room flooded with light and the suggestion of a wall of bookshelves in the periphery. Then my partner or wife would walk in and sit on the arm of my chair, placing her hand on my shoulder.

And that, I think, was some kind of vision of perfection.

My ideals are less about an actual physical space and more about functionality.

I've never been good at fantasizing when it comes to that. My main ideal things would be to have a swimming pool with a lazy river and a home library. I tend to like the texture and flavor of the places I live during my life and I'm not sure what it would feel like to have one place that was mine for an extended period of time. I like the experience of changing scenes so instead of building a location to be an ideal I would probably find different places as pockets of home by nature of who was around me at the time and what my purpose was living in that particular place

multiple places with different settings. I like it. So like mountains, beach, ? What different settings if you only had 3?

If you can imagine a place all your own and you could have it anyway you want. What would it be like?

Mine would be a home with a pretty good size property surrounding it elevated on a bluff over looking a white sand beach situated in a large cove. There would be a perfectly shaped reef that caught swell from any direction and broke in perfect A-frames that peeled right and left in the head high to a few feet overhead size range. The tidal pools would have crabs, abalone, and lobster on the edges. The house would be open air because the climate would be like it is in Hawaii. 70-80 degrees year around but not too humid with a gentle steady breeze. It would be mostly Sunny with the perfect amount of rain fall to water the land and forests without my influence. I would have Rainbow Eucalyptus trees around the property. (If you have not seen one they are incredible) I would have a food forest that you could enter from the back porch will the perfect balance of apple, pear, banana, mango, Barbados cherry, Star cherry, fig, Soursop, Jackfruit, Jaboticaba, Sapotas, Morangas, Cocoa, Avocados, Pistachio and pecan trees. There would be trellises covered in kiwi, cucumber, bean and berry vines. The floor would have various types of melons and strawberries in places. A perfect balance of overhead, mid and small stature plants. Bee hives for honey and pollination. The open air structure would have high ceilings and large spans of glass that could be opened and stacked or closed with the structure made from Teak and Mahogany woods. Stained in shades of Reds, Tans, Blues and Greens in different rooms. A giant walkin shower with a waterfall output with palms around the edge. It would have a huge deck over looking the ocean facing West for the Sunsets. The grass would be zoysia that stayed the perfect height and feels good to walk around barefooted. Id have dogs and cats that got along.

Ideal life should be here

images (22).jpeg

At that place I want to run and own this:

images (23).jpeg

And later do this

images (24).jpeg

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
Inasmuch as I’d want my sweetie to be happy with it too, I’m imagining some kind of place in the city. A penthouse apartment, if you will, with a bomb kitchen, and a rooftop garden—and because we’re dreaming, a 25m lap pool, lol.

It wouldn’t have to be big, but I suppose by any reasonable apartment standard, it would be massive. Heated parquet floors, plentiful windows and light, Persian rugs, Arabic tilework...it would be very plush, very comfortable. I’d want to be able to welcome a guest or two, and their comfort and degree of autonomy would be paramount. Each bedroom would have its own full bathroom, with a heated clawfoot tub, bidet, and suchlike.

All the mod cons, and perhaps in style a mix of old-school and new, as each place dictated. New-school kitchen, old-school bedrooms, 20th century listening room, a 21st century viewing room, 19th century library and reading nook...somehow integrated.

Walking access to most everything, and reasonably bicycle friendly. Private elevator access to underground garage, but I can imagine driving very little.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Wyote and Elder
@Wyote nailed the library feel.
Yaisse.gif

Hell Yeah,
Ian

Reactions: Elder and Wyote