Your ideas of beauty as a child | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your ideas of beauty as a child

I remember seeing Charles Atlas ads in comic books and feeling very inspired. Even as far back as age 4 and 5. I wanted to look like those guys - to be physically strong and muscled. That desire was in my blood from an early age and I started with bench pressing my bed and curtain rods although I eventually graduated to real weights in my 20's.

The typical Tiger Beat pretty boy look (think: Justin Bieber) never appealed to me. In part, because male attractiveness was indubitably linked to something internal which didn't require a lot of outer fashion accoutrements to uphold. I now understand that I'm talking about strong character and self-validation, but at the time I didn't have those words available to me. I just knew that the men I wanted to be like didn't talk a lot or seem reliant on the opinions of others to like themselves. They just moved quietly and confidently and had some manner of muscularity. That was enough of a model for me.

And that was always what I thought was beautiful in women: quiet, strong and not interested in a lot of attention. In between the exuberant blonde cheerleader and the quiet girl who sat in the back of the class and read, I'd take the latter ten times out of ten. They were always more interesting.

this, on both counts.

I was very over weight and why when I was a child and teenager. My mom and dad grew being the party animals of our town. Me popular womanizer and ms. Big mouth show party girl. I was bullied and pressured all the time. My dad made me play sports and I never wanted to. I was always told how fat and ugly I was. I always wanted to be a beautiful person physically. I met a friend when I was 17 who then was 24 he was a young body builder and women loved him. I new the. That was what I needed to foto be beautiful. But now I'm 100 percent the big muscle head in the gym and town I live in and poeple constantly tell me how handsome and sexy I am. But I swear on my life I feel like the ugliest low life. My body now has me thinking the total opposite of what I thought it would make me think and feel. It has been the biggest disappointment for me. The only reason now I stay I to body building is because little kids look up to me and listen to me and tell me I inspire them. My nephews and cousin all want to go to college and chase their dreams. So that's my beautiful reward I have now from changing into this meatball I am today.