[INFJ] - You are neither anxious nor insecure. | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You are neither anxious nor insecure.

Jopetzki

Banned
Apr 25, 2021
MBTI
INFJ
However at the same time, we will always be easily able to feel both things strongly. I have never met any INFJs that are actually all that anxious or insecure in their thoughts (well, not saying it's impossible with my limited medical knowledge, but I think we're mostly very accepting). It's just a feeling, and it's a shame how many unhealthy INFJs associate with it so strongly. A feeling does not define you, and subjective feelings aren't objective descriptions. Remember to look outward, because that's where your feelings come from - other people. If you are pathetically romantically interested in someone, know that you are feeling their feeling towards you. If you dislike someone, know that they dislike you as well. Everything's really simple and accurate once you start to look at it like this.

NO INFJ LACKS IN SELF-ACCEPTANCE. YOU KNOW THIS. THIS IS WHY YOU CAN SO READILY ACCEPT EVERYONE ELSE. YOU ARE EVERYONE ELSE. "I AM NOTHING; I AM EVERYTHING:"

Last edited:
Reactions: mintoots and Wyote
I do think acceptance is a strong point for infjs in general, but people have all sorts of issues regardless of type

I do think acceptance is a strong point for infjs in general, but people have all sorts of issues regardless of type
Well yes - I shouldn't claim that one can't get depression if they just think positively or shit, since it can be genetic as well. And certainly there's nothing to stop an INFJ from being prone to this stuff, and from tiring themselves out until there's nothing left for the mind to do other than get depressed. I should know it from my father with psychotic depression. The acceptance was really the thing here, I think; my father did feel like killing himself, but he'd have never done it, and he never did take his own life. He accepted being depressed, not seeing anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
Well yes - I shouldn't claim that one can't get depression if they just think positively or shit, since it can be genetic as well. And certainly there's nothing to stop an INFJ from being prone to this stuff, and from tiring themselves out until there's nothing left for the mind to do other than get depressed. I should know it from my father with psychotic depression. The acceptance was really the thing here, I think; my father did feel like killing himself, but he'd have never done it, and he never did take his own life. He accepted being depressed, not seeing anything wrong with it.

I think in the case of actual depression, you can't make any unequivocal assertions. But I'm glad your father was able to navigate things.

Are you saying INFJs do not self-generate emotions and, instead, absorb them from others in the external world?
That is almost the theory I have. I think we can alter the emotions we absorb, and we can certainly get frustrated if we've been tired out. But I don't think we generate anything as big as most others, and I don't think we're the kinda people that have any big plans for big achievements - not very ego-driven or self-interested, and thus not shaken by "failure" in such a context. If everyone around us is angry and sad, we can't just sit there and marvel at the awesomeness of the world. And if everyone else is happy, it's not easy to muster up any anger. My INFJ mother doesn't take me seriously when I really don't want something, only because I can't put any force behind my words when I feel calm with her, when most people would have an emotional reaction when they encounter something they don't want to. Easier to hate the haters, and impossible to not love the lovers. Anxious groups make me feel anxious, but I have no anxious thoughts. I am not worried yet I feel all the worry, and that makes it easy to control any group from behind the scenes to make everyone more included and accepted. I'm gonna repeat that one quote: "I am nothing; I am everything."

Last edited: