X-Files

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Because. ...xfiles.

Watched the new episode last night. I have to admit I got a little nostalgic hearing the theme. Like its been gone too long.

Reactions: Free
I finally watched it too. I was incredibly nostalgic, which is perhaps why I kind of expected more out of the premier. But, it was still awesome to see and I can't say enough how happy I am that it's back. :D

Last night I saw episode 2.
The premiere was awesome too.

One of the things I'm noticing about the two of them is their personality profile. For example, I see Dr. Scully as an ST. She is very intelligent and her memory is excellent. She remembers the names of authors of research papers, etc. She is not "fragile" as she told Mulder. and so on.

Mulder, I see as sort of an INFx. He is def intuitive. When he interviews people with Scully, he always throws in unexpected remarks that throws her off. Like, 'He is not really your son, is he Mrs so and so.' haha. I love all of his intuitive off the wall remarks. I am starting to like him a lot. haha.

The only thing I don't like is the graphic medical stuff. so gross. blood and all that. so visually violating to my soul. ugh. but I love their interaction together and when they are talking to others. fun and funny.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I don't remember Dr. Scully being so beautiful/pretty. Did she ever age!!!!???

i havent seen this yet but i'm really glad it's back

i'm watching it now. anyone else?

It's about a monster/person. Kind of like jekyll/hyde.

They're staying at a hotel, I didn't get where.

the manager is a peeping tom and sees into every room through the wild animal heads.

oh boy

all the scenes with mulder are hilarious. I had no idea that they would make it with so much humor.

Even his scenes with the monster/man are hilarious. love that.

Last edited:
I just got around to watching the episode with the lizard human and had a realization afterward that was unexpected.

If theres nothing left to know, whats left? I think this is exactly part of my problem. The disappearance of imagination and belief in the idea that things can be unknown. Because, whats left then? Despair and hopelessness. And yet my head wont let me go back to believing unbelievable things.

Which is probably one reason why I like this series. The suspension of disbelief can be fun.

I just got around to watching the episode with the lizard human and had a realization afterward that was unexpected.

If theres nothing left to know, whats left? I think this is exactly part of my problem. The disappearance of imagination and belief in the idea that things can be unknown. Because, whats left then? Despair and hopelessness. And yet my head wont let me go back to believing unbelievable things.

Which is probably one reason why I like this series. The suspension of disbelief can be fun.

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed the comedic aspect of episode 3. I watched 4 last night, a much more human element to it, but equally enjoyable.

Only one episode left tonight. I watched the first episode on tv and have been watching the rest online whenever I get time. They have gotten progressively better! Episodes 3, 4, and 5 were all outstanding. I think episode 4 has been my favorite of the bunch, recapturing the feeling of the old show better than any other. They've all been great aside from maybe episode 1, which I think suffered mostly due to it being such a difficult thing to jump back into. The actors didn't even gel all that well in the first episode but by the third they had regained the chemistry.

Just burned through the episodes 2-6
Seems like I knew all bout chemtrails mass human extermination by elites etc already......
Still loved it

Just finished the last episode.

First and last episodes were not great. That last episode was pretty damn weak, too hurried, too big of an idea for a single episode and even ending at a weird place because of it. We will most likely get a continuation of the final episode but to make the run of six episodes with the sixth one being the final episode, it really wasn't final in ANY way at all which made it really unsatisfying. Also they really made a mistake bringing in Joel Mchale. None of his scenes work well and he doesn't gel at all with any of the other actors. All of his scenes are operating in a land that is completely outside of the X-Files universe.

That being said, episodes 2-5 were all pretty great. Episode 4 and 5 were probably my favorites. Overall they did an excellent job of giving old fans a reason to continue the story without being too confusing for new fans to jump on board.