World War 3?

Skarekrow

~~DEVIL~~
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
Ni-INFJ-A
Enneagram
Warlock
So it seems that there are some serious issues going on in the middle east.
I have noticed some religious fervor here at home on the news, mainly among Fundamentalist Christian groups.
It not only seems like they are excited for Iran and Israel and ISIS to go at it while the rest of the world plays peacekeeper.
They seem to think this is the beginning of the apocalypse, that this is somehow proving that all the trippy things that John wrote in Revelation were true.

This would imply that we do NOT have free will….if revelations are to come to pass regardless of what humankind does.
Then free will is nonexistent by default.

Where did this sudden religious fervor come from…are churches here in the US trying to promote disharmony within the middle east?
It certainly seems that way when we have the President trying to work a peace plan while the Republicans have been undermining him and sending their own letters telling the Iranian government everything the President says is BS.

Do we really wish to start WWIII here….because that is what will happen.
The US created ISIS by destabilizing the region…ISIS and IRAN hate each other…ISIS is killing Muslim and Christian alike…while the Israeli PM comes to our Congress basically pushing for war with IRAN.
Because that is exactly what the US needs is a war with IRAN.
Our brilliant leaders don’t seem to get that Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Israel, Iraq, Iran, and other players..not to mention if Saudi Arabia gets involved…all destabilized and all at war with one another is NOT a good thing.

Thoughts?

Yes we are headed towards WW3 and part of it has to do with Obama being the failure that he is in regard to foreign policy. Maybe if he just sends a letter to ISIS with some harsh words they give up. Or maybe if he condemns them on TV again that will finally take care of it.
As for the US, we are on our way to civil war.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Yes we are headed towards WW3 and part of it has to do with Obama being the failure that he is in regard to foreign policy. Maybe if he just sends a letter to ISIS with some harsh words they give up. Or maybe if he condemns them on TV again that will finally take care of it.
As for the US, we are on our way to civil war.

You know you and I have conflicting views on Obama (and it isn’t for the fact that I have free healthcare currently…those are my tax dollars dammit).
Anyhow, I must agree with you on the Civil War thing (I’m sure the NSA key-worded that one), I’m just curious who will be victorious…people who want a truly free country…or more of what we have now….a bunch of money-whores?
Money-whores (I DO include the Pres. in there btw), have the “power” but certainly not the numbers.
I think before a civil war takes place the people will force the repeal of Citizen’s United and McCutcheon that allowed all this money…they will force the those with tax havens to bring it home so to speak to be taxed fairly…they will disconnect wall street from the banks like they once were…and fucking idiots may finally see that Unions are good things to belong to…yes, they have had rough years…and Jimmy Hoffa died for fucking them up. We need to re-vamp the unions to a more basic function and fight these corporate interests that have permeated Congress.

You know you and I have conflicting views on Obama (and it isn’t for the fact that I have free healthcare currently…those are my tax dollars dammit).
Anyhow, I must agree with you on the Civil War thing (I’m sure the NSA key-worded that one), I’m just curious who will be victorious…people who want a truly free country…or more of what we have now….a bunch of money-whores?
Money-whores (I DO include the Pres. in there btw), have the “power” but certainly not the numbers.
I think before a civil war takes place the people will force the repeal of Citizen’s United and McCutcheon that allowed all this money…they will force the those with tax havens to bring it home so to speak to be taxed fairly…they will disconnect wall street from the banks like they once were…and fucking idiots may finally see that Unions are good things to belong to…yes, they have had rough years…and Jimmy Hoffa died for fucking them up. We need to re-vamp the unions to a more basic function and fight these corporate interests that have permeated Congress.

The people that will be victorious are the people who believe in what they are fighting for. So in my case, I believe in the original idea that America was founded on. All men are created equal. Everyone has a say (Yes I know at the time that did not include women and minorities but you have to understand that times were different back then), government stays out of peoples lives except in regard to protect and a provide a basic infrastructure that allows people to communicate and interact with each other when they want. Freedom is something that we have now though they are trying to erode that as we speak. I currently see two sides mostly because people have tried and been successful in polarizing the country.

Heres the thing about corporations and people for that matter. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. This leads into what you would call greed. If I can take it legally, I am going to take it with little compunction. Now, I have a set of morals that I operate on so I am not likely to take candy from a baby but if I can legally obtain money by figuring out a way to legally obtain other peoples money, yes I am going to do it. Regarding corporations screwing employees over for profit. Yeah I am a victim of this currently and I dislike the company I work for immensely because of it. BUT I do not have to work there. So I do not see corporations as the problem. I see all the back door promises, law makers looking the other way, campaign donations, loop holes not being filled etc as the problem. In other words when corporations break the law there needs to be accountability and justice served. None of this too big to fail crap. None of this, slap you on the wrist crap. This is what needs to change, not the capitalistic spirit of a company to obtain money in whatever legal way they can. Wealthy people and companies are not evil just because of that wealth.

The people that will be victorious are the people who believe in what they are fighting for. So in my case, I believe in the original idea that America was founded on. All men are created equal. Everyone has a say (Yes I know at the time that did not include women and minorities but you have to understand that times were different back then), government stays out of peoples lives except in regard to protect and a provide a basic infrastructure that allows people to communicate and interact with each other when they want. Freedom is something that we have now though they are trying to erode that as we speak. I currently see two sides mostly because people have tried and been successful in polarizing the country.

Heres the thing about corporations and people for that matter. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. This leads into what you would call greed. If I can take it legally, I am going to take it with little compunction. Now, I have a set of morals that I operate on so I am not likely to take candy from a baby but if I can legally obtain money by figuring out a way to legally obtain other peoples money, yes I am going to do it. Regarding corporations screwing employees over for profit. Yeah I am a victim of this currently and I dislike the company I work for immensely because of it. BUT I do not have to work there. So I do not see corporations as the problem. I see all the back door promises, law makers looking the other way, campaign donations, loop holes not being filled etc as the problem. In other words when corporations break the law there needs to be accountability and justice served. None of this too big to fail crap. None of this, slap you on the wrist crap. This is what needs to change, not the capitalistic spirit of a company to obtain money in whatever legal way they can. Wealthy people and companies are not evil just because of that wealth.
I agree with the original intent of this Nation…I guess, we’ll see how it plays out.

I do however think the Corporations and Wall Street are FAR from innocent when it comes to their ability to fleece the US.
Lobbyists.

They need to go…just no more lobbyists AT ALL.

So all these protections we once had…like the laws passed after Watergate….or the laws we had up until the early 80’s that kept banks and investment houses separate…have been yanked away one by one under the guise of “Oh, it's a more free market.” Yes…and it has turned into what you have described…they have created laws that contain loopholes that only benefit them.

I wish I had enough money to hire MY own lobbyist to influence Congress to vote for what I want…"oh and you had better vote that way, or no more campaign contributions."

BS.

Could be. Grim times.

That reminds me, I should claim my Irish Citizenship. It'll be going on for a while until the Eurozone super army goes into action and even then they'll have none of it.

I think that ISIS taking over legitimate political control is what will bring back full-scale modern warfare which we haven't really seen for a while.

The Horror.

That being said, this world is far bigger than the economic and geopolitical situation. If anything, they are symptoms of the bigger picture.

I've been reading about the Hindu concept of Yugas and this being the final Kali Yuga which will restart the cycle with another Golden Age. The whole cycle seems to align with the other ideas such as Mayans based on the precession of the equinoxes. If anything, that's where to look for sense. I take great comfort in the notion that the world is meant to be super fucked up, I just know that I have been deeply influenced before I came to this realisation and, through fear and avoidance, have not made the most of every opportunity that came my way.

World War 3 can be a part of the backdrop, just like the current massive suffering is at present. It'll be more up in your face and, sure, maybe it is a collective evolutionary checkpoint that will see many people visibly splattered but spiritually discharged from duty. I suppose your death will be as pointless and anonymous as you make it, World War or not, same as always...just with a bit more pressure on. I really do think the timing is significant, there is little point expecting compassion from demons when they're in character.

Lobbyists are an interesting thing. I see their usefulness. Take me an average citizen that only have time to go to work and pay the bills for example. I dont have time to go to congress and ask them to pursue the things I am interested in like the space program. Enter the lobbyist who does have time because that is their job.
Unfortunately like everything the idea has been corrupted and it is now used with great effect by big companies among others. In many ways the original intent of congressmen was to bring the issues and ideas of their districts to the government for this exact reason. They were the original lobbyists.

I really believe it all comes down to human nature. Implement something better like America did when it broke from England. A truly great thing built on great ideas. Ideas the world had never seen before. But is now full of corrupt people lured by the promise of power. So, implement something better and I guarantee you that within 50 years it will be corrupt as well. All because human nature is the foundation of our society's.

Lobbyists are an interesting thing. I see their usefulness. Take me an average citizen that only have time to go to work and pay the bills for example. I dont have time to go to congress and ask them to pursue the things I am interested in like the space program. Enter the lobbyist who does have time because that is their job.
Unfortunately like everything the idea has been corrupted and it is now used with great effect by big companies among others. In many ways the original intent of congressmen was to bring the issues and ideas of their districts to the government for this exact reason. They were the original lobbyists.

I really believe it all comes down to human nature. Implement something better like America did when it broke from England. A truly great thing built on great ideas. Ideas the world had never seen before. But is now full of corrupt people lured by the promise of power. So, implement something better and I guarantee you that within 50 years it will be corrupt as well. All because human nature is the foundation of our society's.
That was my point…like the Unions were corrupted or Congress, SCOTUS, and the Presidency is now…the lobbyists no longer have the interests of the majority of people who live within the US.
They now work for corporate interests…the interests of whom do not coincide with humanity.

Could be. Grim times.

That reminds me, I should claim my Irish Citizenship. It'll be going on for a while until the Eurozone super army goes into action and even then they'll have none of it.

I think that ISIS taking over legitimate political control is what will bring back full-scale modern warfare which we haven't really seen for a while.

The Horror.

That being said, this world is far bigger than the economic and geopolitical situation. If anything, they are symptoms of the bigger picture.

I've been reading about the Hindu concept of Yugas and this being the final Kali Yuga which will restart the cycle with another Golden Age. The whole cycle seems to align with the other ideas such as Mayans based on the precession of the equinoxes. If anything, that's where to look for sense. I take great comfort in the notion that the world is meant to be super fucked up, I just know that I have been deeply influenced before I came to this realisation and, through fear and avoidance, have not made the most of every opportunity that came my way.

World War 3 can be a part of the backdrop, just like the current massive suffering is at present. It'll be more up in your face and, sure, maybe it is a collective evolutionary checkpoint that will see many people visibly splattered but spiritually discharged from duty. I suppose your death will be as pointless and anonymous as you make it, World War or not, same as always...just with a bit more pressure on. I really do think the timing is significant, there is little point expecting compassion from demons when they're in character.
I like your way of looking at it…I am still optimistic that people may rise up and say enough is enough.
I just don’t know what could possibly start that fire.

I like your way of looking at it…I am still optimistic that people may rise up and say enough is enough.
I just don’t know what could possibly start that fire.

I think that has to happen internally first. You need self-esteem to say 'enough is enough', collective esteem alone takes you back to blood, soil and superiority complexes. Acting collectively, we'll give our power away again. Only as individuals who care for the collective can we have a sensible democracy. I think the best way is to uncover our individual relation to the collective superconscious, in part at least. Then we can look at our demonic nature from a safer vantage point. Of course, the clock is ticking. I should get back to my frantic scrawlings.

Reactions: Sandie33
I'm against World War 3. I think World War 1 was horrific, and World War 2 was racist. So I'm not in favor of a third one.

Reactions: Cornerstone
Now it’s all making sense.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER LAUNCHING EFFORT TO SCUTTLE IRAN DEAL, SENATOR TOM COTTON TO MEET WITH DEFENSE CONTRACTORS

458416000-article-display-b.jpg

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/...senator-tom-cotton-meets-defense-contractors/

Dick.

This would imply that we do NOT have free will….if revelations are to come to pass regardless of what humankind does.
Then free will is nonexistent by default.

The idea of a time of revelation does not conflict with the concept of free will. Free will talks about choice. Just because some things are unavoidable does not mean that there is no such thing as choice.
As an example, it was unavoidable that Mt. Vesuvius erupted. That simple fact does not say that the humans in Pompeii did not have free will.

Well war sucks but theres really nothing we can do about it other than pick a side.. in the grand scheme of things war is small. Yes there will be dead people, pain, suffering etc.... but certainly less than when the asteroid hits earth or the super volcano lets off or the gama ray burst cooks us or a massive cme cooks our electronics for a few years...

Well war sucks but theres really nothing we can do about it other than pick a side.. in the grand scheme of things war is small. Yes there will be dead people, pain, suffering etc.... but certainly less than when the asteroid hits earth or the super volcano lets off or the gama ray burst cooks us or a massive cme cooks our electronics for a few years...

Wow, that's a very pessimistic view....Your statement is literally saying, sure its bad, but it will be a lot worse in the future.
And I would say that just because a thing is small doesn't mean the thing isn't valuable.

Wow, that's a very pessimistic view....Your statement is literally saying, sure its bad, but it will be a lot worse in the future.
And I would say that just because a thing is small doesn't mean the thing isn't valuable.
I have not really seen anything get better as of... well forever. Generally we start out and through our lives pretty just resolve to have things taken away from us.
So yeah people are going to die and theres nothing that we can do other than try to minimize the outcome. See thats the thijg. I have been exceedingly unhappy because I keep expecting things to get better. Its only when I stopped expecting them to that I started not being so unhappy. So when my cars transmission started to go out I was just like...well at least I can still walk on my own.

I have not really seen anything get better as of... well forever. Generally we start out and through our lives pretty just resolve to have things taken away from us.
So yeah people are going to die and theres nothing that we can do other than try to minimize the outcome. See thats the thijg. I have been exceedingly unhappy because I keep expecting things to get better. Its only when I stopped expecting them to that I started not being so unhappy. So when my cars transmission started to go out I was just like...well at least I can still walk on my own.

That’s even pessimistic for me man…sometimes I can’t walk on my own.
Hahaha
Yes…we get old…others before us get old and die before us (usually), your transmission went out.
Hell, I woke up with a fucking sinus thing going on this morning…really? During all this other shit…my fucking ear hurts so bad right now and who knows if I can get into the Doctor today….this will also cancel my Remicade IV infusion till I am at least off the antibiotics (Judging by what I hacked up, it’s a good infection)…I have been taking those Emergen-C’s and hoping that it would clear up on it own…nope, ear plugged…in pain.
But life is continuing on around me….car are going down the street occasionally even though it 5:30am…off to jobs, off to wherever tying to just make it in this world.
I don’t expect things to get better without me helping to make it so and neither should you.
That is what it boils down to, I know you probably have your own place, your job, some money…you get by is what I mean.
I get by too…it just takes a bit more effort in certain areas than some others but that has given me a better perspective in some ways than others.
Just as you know what it’s like to be incapacitated.
I HATE, HATE, HATE….waking up in the mornings lately because I hurt so bad…but all I can do is, get up, take my meds, wait for them to work, drink some water and try to feel better.
Then what? Well…I am doing everything possible to try and feel like a normal, functional, person again…but the majority of the time I barely feel functional…I barely feel like a normal person because I don’t do what normal people do…I don’t currently work…I stay home mostly (because I’m introverted bitches) because I get tired right now even walking to the kitchen.
But still I have my Son…who is so smart and so talented in so many more ways than I was. I am named his guardian if is Mother dies somehow now that we are divorced because they could deport him to Russia even though he grew up here from age 2 (he’s 11)…can you imagine losing your Mother then being deported back to second-run relatives you don’t know in Russia, away from who you consider your Dad and your Grandma?? That’s devastating.
I would seriously die for that kid.
And I have Sensiko…whom I don’t talk about that much because she gets embarrassed.
I will make it short…she has healed me, and soothed me, and been my best friend and lover like no other person ever has.

So if you feel your life is lacking, it’s because you cultivated it to lack what you feel it’s lacking.
Yes…there could be nuclear war with Iran.
Yes…an asteroid could crash into us and wipe us out (would we even know it?).

We all search for two things in this life I believe…love, and acceptance.
The INxJ group I think is mentally set up to fail in these areas…we are made to be independent…we are made to see the underlying currents of things and to ignore the elephant in the room sometimes.
It’s hard for us to find what huge expectations for love, but also life in general we hold.
We are like idealist engineers…we have great ideas and expectations…but we think we should be able to create this great world around us.
We have all had similar experiences growing up…feeling isolated…especially in school.
That’s because we think differently man…look at your own tagline you have two that are “idealist” in nature…one proclaiming our future children will surpass us in ways we cannot fathom.
Out of the other two you have a joke…and the last one asks for love…that’s what it boils down to - you are telling people…I may be X, but I still need love.
And this is the truth.
I was talking to someone yesterday…(gross analogy), you can swallow a diamond again…and shit it out…and swallow it again…and shit it out….and maybe life is shitting on you…but a diamond is a diamond…it remains the same.
Also, in order for each diamond to shine to it’s full brilliance it must be carved.
Chipped, gouged, ground, carved, and polished…otherwise…it doesn’t look like much.
If that diamond we a living thing…it would be a very painful process…your very being is being altered.
To me, that is life in a nutshell…we are here to be carved into a more core person.
You can see this as a good thing, or you can complain (I know I do sometimes…I’m sure we all do) about those chips that you lost here…or you were ground down here and it really took it’s toll on you…or why won’t they just leave you alone and quit chipping away for fucks sake!!??
It’s all in your perspective.
From my own experience…ignore me if you want…but, you have to have people to help you…friends, family…if you don’t then yell to the void….yell at your wall - “I need some help.” But then you have to take the steps you need to to make your life what you want it to be.

My whole life just fell apart this summer man….my whole life…I only had the love of those people whom I cultivated that love with remaining.

Last edited:
The idea of a time of revelation does not conflict with the concept of free will. Free will talks about choice. Just because some things are unavoidable does not mean that there is no such thing as choice.
As an example, it was unavoidable that Mt. Vesuvius erupted. That simple fact does not say that the humans in Pompeii did not have free will.

Free will is a pet-peeve subject of mine and I can argue for it or against it all day honestly haha.
It’s the “hard” question of consciousness.
We can go around in circles talking about determinism and why a predetermined event is still determined.
I actually believe in God….so take it easy…hahah.
I just don’t adhere to the concept of “Hell” and it being a just place or God being just for allowing it.
We can agree to disagree there.

My concern was, and there are even certain forum members that I have noticed getting religiously riled up so to speak…that almost seem excited that the middle east is destabilizing because they feel this confirms a very vague Bible chapter that was almost added to the Apocrypha.
I might add that in Peter’s apocalypse there is a very real way for “evildoers” to find salvation and that the Apocalypse itself was only to “scare strait” the world.

What I am trying to understand is if this is going to turn into some full-blown religious war, and how that can be avoided?

One thing about prophecies that the people who read about them forget is that, anyone can read them. Prophecies about the son of God were written centuries before Christ was ever born, why do you think he intentionally sought out a donkey?

No different than modern times where these fundamentalist groups are doing everything to make their 2000 year old prophecies come true.

One thing about prophecies that the people who read about them forget is that, anyone can read them. Prophecies about the son of God were written centuries before Christ was ever born, why do you think he intentionally sought out a donkey?

No different than modern times where these fundamentalist groups are doing everything to make their 2000 year old prophecies come true.

That is what I am afraid of…that this will turn to religious rhetoric and all logic will fly out the window as the US marches proudly in the “New Crusades” to free the middle east and the Jews.
Scary.