World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease | INFJ Forum

World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease

I googled the doctor and interestingly enough this was the first result: http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/lundell.html

On a related side, I read this recently http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/02/iceman-was-a-medical-mess.html?ref=em

Ancient human has arteriosclerosis but hasn't been exposed to any modern risk factors.
Thank you. I should have been more thorough before posting. I've heard similar claims about the risks of hydrogenated fats and overuse of omega 6 oils recently and didn't do a check on this person. :) That information about

I will post some links to some articles as soon as I have some more time.

In the mean time- I have seen convincing evidence that saturated fats and cholesterol do not necessarily cause heart disease. This is something I have investigated for personal reasons. The correlation, or the cause and effect relation between cholesterol and heart disease has not been proven, and there has been a meta-analysis of research that has found no association between a high fat diet and higher incidence of heart disease or stroke. And no association between a low fat diet and a lower risk of these diseases.

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water on this topic. As we should all know by now, medical boards and public health authorities are full of shit and all have their own agendas and priorities. Try doing you own reseach on the American Medical Association, the FDA and similar authories in other nations, and then finding a way to still respect them. Money, not science, rules these organisations. Many doctors, researchers and scientists become descredited and silenced when they go against the grain. This doesnt necessarily mean they are crazy or wrong, only that the issue is a lot more complicated than we all want to believe. I dont know enough about this individual doctor, but I would not descredit him entirely because of medical authorities.

Low fat products and the diet industry are a huge business. Vegetable oil and seed oil industries rely on the cholesterol myths. Statin medication is a huge industry. Everyone has a lot to lose.

And seriously, there are still many doctors that are telling their patients to eat margerine- something full of trans-fats. Scientists have known the dangers of transfats for over a decade now, places in the world have banned their sale- and yet, doctors continue to tell their patients to eat margerine when it has been proven to increase the risk of heart disease.

Once you really start learning and delving into all this stuff- none of it makes much sense anymore. The one thing Im sure of is that there is very little science or logic in the realm of public health. And a hell of a lot of marketing and misinformation.

I know my child's nurse worded it this way when she was giving out feeding instructions for one year olds: Now at this point I'm supposed to tell you to feed her margarin and skimmed milk." wink wink nudge nudge... One microbiologist ex teacher of mine who was at one point in time responsible for planning an entire city's school lunches was the first to warn me about hydrogenated fats. It's very hard to get good valid information about these things because of all the interconnectedness between medical companies, state health agencies and different ownerships. It's hard. And the same goes for some "health" products that are being marketed as better for you and additives and such are used as marketing scare tactics. Sigh. Like wheat germ. It's not recommended for pregnant women because of heavy metals apparently, but sold as a health food....