Working Until You Die | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Working Until You Die

adult-changing-tables-v0-vyiq1t98whzc1.jpeg

Reactions: aeon
Tear gas was first deployed by civilian police in the United States during the Red Summer of 1919, but not because of the race riots, white supremacist terrorism, and days of murder and mayhem.

It was deployed against the melanin-challenged and people of color alike as they stood side-by-side as part of organized labor rising up against the industrialists who exploited and abused labor, including that of children, who often worked 14-hour days, seven days a week.

Always remember who they protect and serve. 🇱🇷 🗽 🏛️ 💰

Get Back to Work,
Ian

Tear gas was first deployed by civilian police in the United States during the Red Summer of 1919, but not because of the race riots, white supremacist terrorism, and days of murder and mayhem.

It was deployed against the melanin-challenged and people of color alike as they stood side-by-side as part of organized labor rising up against the industrialists who exploited and abused labor, including that of children, who often worked 14-hour days, seven days a week.

Always remember who they protect and serve. 🇱🇷 🗽 🏛️ 💰

Get Back to Work,
Ian
Extreme concentrated wealth is an enemy of quality of life and democracy for the whole. That said, removal of all concentrated wealth is an affront to meritocracy; meritocracy is a primary motivator, which breaths vitality into our system.

Regulation and minimum standards are crucial levers to maintain the balance. Hopelessness and cynicism experienced by oligarchs and/or the masses are insidious states of being, which can well destroy great systems when not mitigated via institutional maintenance.

Often forgotten today, is the value of integrity in the process of maintenance of balance. Marcus Aurelius, one of Rome's benevolent rulers, referred to integrity as saying what is true and doing what is right. It is this sense of transparency which moderates corruption and self-interest just to enough to power work ethic of the many and mitigate unjust gain by a few.

That said, removal of all concentrated wealth is an affront to meritocracy; meritocracy is a primary motivator, which breaths vitality into our system.
When I was a young pup, I actually believed that the world was, for the most part, a meritocracy.

Yes, I was naive, in part because I had been lied to as part of a would-be motivating strategy by the adults around me.

In time, I learned. Part of what I learned is meritocracy is the plastic virtue. Not that it doesn’t have tangible and measurable value when applied across domains. It is plastic and cheap because it is prostituted and given the greatest lip service, while the real, and functional determinants of hierarchy and reward are not talked about, and only tacitly acknowledged.

Don’t get me wrong, in many ways I surely remain naive, perhaps willfully so. And the years have hammered into me the knowing of my ignorance.

But meritocracy, or better said, the charlatan promise thereof—is why this once-young pup is now jaded. Not cynical, but jaded.

Cheers,
Ian

I think the problem isn't that meritocracy is a lie, but rather skill level among all humans differs only a miniscule amount, whereas our perception is that the gap is large(r)

Anyone can do mostly anything, but we lie and say this isn't so

And the problem isn’t the lie so much as the lied-to believe it, unnecessarily limit themselves, and then go on to tell that “truth” to those who follow, ad infinitum.

I don’t see this as a foible of being human, even if that is part of it. Having a few winners and an uncountable number of bred-not-born losers is a prerequisite to the zero-sum, just-world dystopia of crushed dreams and pimping thieves we live in.

Cheers,
Ian

When I was a young pup, I actually believed that the world was, for the most part, a meritocracy.

Yes, I was naive, in part because I had been lied to as part of a would-be motivating strategy by the adults around me.

In time, I learned. Part of what I learned is meritocracy is the plastic virtue. Not that it doesn’t have tangible and measurable value when applied across domains. It is plastic and cheap because it is prostituted and given the greatest lip service, while the real, and functional determinants of hierarchy and reward are not talked about, and only tacitly acknowledged.

Don’t get me wrong, in many ways I surely remain naive, perhaps willfully so. And the years have hammered into me the knowing of my ignorance.

But meritocracy, or better said, the charlatan promise thereof—is why this once-young pup is now jaded. Not cynical, but jaded.

Cheers,
Ian
I donot see it as a panacea, just the best hope at mitigation from destruction that the whole has in the tool box. Concentrated wealth silently acquires and manipulates media, healthcare (USA), retirement benefits (via congressional influence) and so much more. These encroachments can be rolled back, see the gilded age reforms. It is however perpetual. Those too exhausted by the sheer depravity of the effort of unearned graft via power and deceit are succumbing to the exact objective of these legacy wealth folks.

I donot see it as a panacea, just the best hope at mitigation from destruction that the whole has in the tool box. Concentrated wealth silently acquires and manipulates media, healthcare (USA), retirement benefits (via congressional influence) and so much more. These encroachments can be rolled back, see the gilded age reforms. It is however perpetual. Those too exhausted by the sheer depravity of the effort of unearned graft via power and deceit are succumbing to the exact objective of these legacy wealth folks.

And the problem isn’t the lie so much as the lied-to believe it, unnecessarily limit themselves, and then go on to tell that “truth” to those who follow, ad infinitum.

I don’t see this as a foible of being human, even if that is part of it. Having a few winners and an uncountable number of bred-not-born losers is a prerequisite to the zero-sum, just-world dystopia of crushed dreams and pimping thieves we live in.

Cheers,
Ian
The depravity of the legacy wealth individuals who engage in this behavior is not new. Egypt had it via a religious class, who leveraged this against pharaohs for comfort and largess in exchange for not negatively adjusting the narrative to the masses, the French of course had the bourgeoisie, and on and on and on. It is a crime against humanity. From a solution-based standpoint, one has not been found, perhaps there was one in ancient lost civilizations simply lost to time. I inserted that, because I do not believe a solution cannot to found, as you seemingly do. I will say that violence has not solved this problem. Additionally, the entire communism concept has failed, as redistribution simply led to a new class of concentrated wealthy. This is why I believe meritocracy has a place.

Legacy wealth has essential ownership of the University/College system, Health care(USA), Media and other undue influence on other critical systems, such as the judiciary, see Federalist Society, white paper factories and more. One study indicated that as much as 5% of white papers are sheer motivated lies. I suspect that number may actually even be hire, when one adds in the motivation of unethical doctoral candidates. So, though it seems I am arguing in favor of "roll over and play dead until I am dead", I am not.

I inserted that, because I do not believe a solution cannot to found, as you seemingly do.
Oh, I can imagine a solution, a few in fact. As I said, I’m jaded, but I am no cynic.

Cheers,
Ian

I think the problem isn't that meritocracy is a lie, but rather skill level among all humans differs only a miniscule amount, whereas our perception is that the gap is large(r)

I don't think that anyone can do almost anything. And I've never understood the moral appeal of meritocracy: I've known and observed plenty people of renumerable talent, and their sense of entitlement, and their contempt.

I won't elaborate too much since you've made up your mind on a lot of things.
But my main point is just that the gap of capability for the vast majority of humans is negligible.
It's an 80/20 thing as usual.

That's ok, I'm not saying it as a bad thing, it's just intrinsic to who you are.
Making choices is a good thing.
You are looking for conflict and I ain't got time for that.
You can agree with what I said or just leave things to what you already believe.

That's ok, I'm not saying it as a bad thing, it's just intrinsic to who you are.
Making choices is a good thing.
You are looking for conflict and I ain't got time for that.
You can agree with what I said or just leave things to what you already believe.
So you made a claim about me that you can't substantiate. It happens.

Proving my point, my guy.
Don't worry about it.

Reactions: aeon
The idea of that can be judged as suspect or true-ish inasmuch as the descriptors are open to interpretation.

If we talk of a cohort and a normal distribution and sigma deviations, then we can start putting numbers on things.

Stupid comment: on average, most people are average.

My brain wants to provide argument for both takes. I can see it both ways, and they both seem true. I’m also biased as a 2e bellend.

Cheers,
Isn