Will my INFJ relationship work?

cuttyup

One
Sep 13, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2-4
Hi there. So I just found out that I'm an INFJ. Wow. Learning that there other people in this world like me is kind of a shocker! So I've been dating an INFJ for several months, and she's really concerned that our relationship won't work based on our personality types. There seems to be very little info out there on INFJ-INFJ relationships, but I wanted some thoughts from y'all. We have some communication issues, but I feel like now that I'm more aware of how she deals with things, we can work it all out. We have this crazy intangible chemistry that I've never experienced with anyone before. Anyone know an INFJ couple??

MBTI is just that - a type index. You can be the best INFJ-INFJ couple in the world, or you can be a horrible couple. It's all about what you prefer, and what you're attracted to. Let your partner know that you're afraid of the future, openness isn't the easiest way, but it's by far the best one in the long run.

That being said, I would love to hear more about how you are towards each other - what drives you crazy about your INFJ partner as an INFJ? What do you love about your INFJ partner? How do you feel that your INFJ partner compliments your personality?

Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
I agree, the type of your mbti shouldn't be of any importance when it comes to your relationship. It's not about how different types work together, but how you can learn about your own personalities, your functions, your needs and weaknesses, so you can undrstand yourself and others and develop as a person. If you can be open with each other and communicate what you want and what you need, everything will work out just fine. Also, the worry you have is also typical for the INFJ, there is no such thing as a carefree INFJ. :p So be open with the worries, don't let them control you but take everything up into the light, look at what scares you. When you talk openly, the fears always looks a lot less bigger than they appear in your thoughts.
I am in a relationship with a wonderful INFJ, and since we are so similar, in like, almost every single aspect, we find a lot of comfort in being understood. :D Be open and talk! ^^

MBTI cannot really predict whether a relationship will work. Well adjusted adults of any type can have a successful relationship if they communicate effectively and want the same things out of life/have the same or similar values.

From what I've heard of INFJ-INFJ relationships, assuming you're both typed correctly, they tend to be pretty intense. You will want to be sure to take things at a reasonable pace.

Mine crashed and burned in a month. What kind of communication issues are you two having?