Wikileaks vs Hillary and Trump | INFJ Forum

Wikileaks vs Hillary and Trump

ImaginaryBloke

Sep 29, 2015
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
Tri 5-9-4
Wikileaks just turned 10 years old, it is a 'decanary' (sorry, I do not know whether that word is theoretically correct). Julian Assange revealed that Wikileaks will release documents on a weekly basis related to the US presidential election. I am expecting some news of what is going on behind the scenes that the public does not know about.

It seems that a lot is already known about Trump. I found an old documentary from 1991 (Donald Trump: The Truth Revealed) that was re-released recently that you can see below. You get the picture that Trump is a shady businessman with moral ambiguities. I am not expecting Wikileaks to make any big new revelations about him.

As for Hillary, she - or rather the environment in which she operates - has lots of secrets. It will be interesting what the future documents dumps of Wikileaks will reveal about her. I am expecting to see a lot of corruption.

This thread is about the election itself and both candidates are under scrutiny. I do not want to target any one in particular right now, like Assange emphasized in the press conference in Berlin.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016
Common Dreams
Marking 10 Years, WikiLeaks Says 'October Surprises' Coming...Soon
'Our upcoming series includes significant material on war, arms, oil, Google, the U.S. elections, and myself,' said Julian Assange on Tuesday
Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

assange_pressconf_wikileaks10_oct4.jpg

"We are going to need an army to defend us from the pressure that is already starting to arise," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Tuesday, announcing forthcoming leaks. (Photo: Screenshot)

During a press conference in Berlin on Tuesday, the media organization WikiLeaks touted 10 years of drawing the veil of secrecy away from governments and businesses worldwide while also confirming that a new batch of documents—specifically targeting the U.S. government and internet giant Google—will be released over the next two months.

"Our upcoming series includes significant material on war, arms, oil, Google, the U.S. elections, and myself," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said via video link from the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where he has been living since 2012. He said the documents would be released before the end of the year, with the first cache coming within the week.

[...]

Assange's previous hints about forthcoming leaks led Republican operatives to express hope that WikiLeaks' "October Surprise" would cripple Hillary Clinton's presidential candidacy. But Assange appeared to quash that narrative on Tuesday, declaring: The idea that "we intend to harm Hillary Clinton, or I intend to harm Hillary Clinton, or I don't like Hillary Clinton, all those are false."

[...]

http://commondreams.org/news/2016/10/04/marking-10-years-wikileaks-says-october-surprises-comingsoon

Reactions: Ryso89
Very disappointed with Assange because at this moment it seems as if he is just another attention seeker. What would posses someone to dangle a carrot saying that you will do something and then not do it? Then to not explain yourself.

Reactions: Ryso89
Very disappointed with Assange because at this moment it seems as if he is just another attention seeker. What would posses someone to dangle a carrot saying that you will do something and then not do it? Then to not explain yourself.

Assange has succeeded beyond imagination with WikiLeaks in the 10 years of its existence. Just because he is making a delay right now does not render that invalid. Perhaps that he is just making sure that everything is all right before publishing.

Here is a new data dump: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/

No news in the media so far, unfortunately.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-us-campaign-2016-clinton-podesta-emails.html

"
Among the emails was a compilation of excerpts from Clinton's paid speeches in 2013 and 2014. It appeared campaign staff had read all Clinton's speeches and identified passages that could be potentially problematic for the candidate if they were to become public.

One excerpt put Clinton squarely in the free-trade camp, a position she has retreated on significantly during the 2016 election. In a talk to a Brazilian bank in 2013, she said her "dream" is "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders" and asked her audience to think of what doubling American trade with Latin America "would mean for everybody in this room." "

"
“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders,” she said, according to an email first reported by BuzzFeed."

"
The excerpts include quotes from an October 2013 speech at an event sponsored by Goldman Sachs, in which Clinton conceded that presidential candidates need the financial backing of Wall Street to mount a competitive national campaign.

"Running for office in our country takes a lot of money, and candidates have to go out and raise it," Clinton said. "New York is probably the leading site for contributions for fundraising for candidates on both sides of the aisle, and it's also our economic center. And there are a lot of people here who should ask some tough questions before handing over campaign contributions to people who were really playing chicken with our whole economy."

In the same speech, Clinton was also deferential to the New York finance industry, exhorting wealthy donors to use their political clout for patriotic rather than personal benefit. She also spoke of the need to include Wall Street perspectives in financial reform.

"The people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry," Clinton said.

In an April 2013 speech to the National Multifamily Housing Council, Clinton said politicians must balance "both a public and a private position" while making deals. Clinton gave an example from the movie "Lincoln," and the deal-making that went into passage of the 13th Amendment, a process she compared to sausage-making.

"It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be," Clinton said. "But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position." " http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...peeches-leaked-hacking-blamed-russia-42659649

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-us-campaign-2016-clinton-podesta-emails.html

"
Among the emails was a compilation of excerpts from Clinton's paid speeches in 2013 and 2014. It appeared campaign staff had read all Clinton's speeches and identified passages that could be potentially problematic for the candidate if they were to become public.

One excerpt put Clinton squarely in the free-trade camp, a position she has retreated on significantly during the 2016 election. In a talk to a Brazilian bank in 2013, she said her "dream" is "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders" and asked her audience to think of what doubling American trade with Latin America "would mean for everybody in this room." "

"
“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders,” she said, according to an email first reported by BuzzFeed."

"
The excerpts include quotes from an October 2013 speech at an event sponsored by Goldman Sachs, in which Clinton conceded that presidential candidates need the financial backing of Wall Street to mount a competitive national campaign.

"Running for office in our country takes a lot of money, and candidates have to go out and raise it," Clinton said. "New York is probably the leading site for contributions for fundraising for candidates on both sides of the aisle, and it's also our economic center. And there are a lot of people here who should ask some tough questions before handing over campaign contributions to people who were really playing chicken with our whole economy."

In the same speech, Clinton was also deferential to the New York finance industry, exhorting wealthy donors to use their political clout for patriotic rather than personal benefit. She also spoke of the need to include Wall Street perspectives in financial reform.

"The people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry," Clinton said.

In an April 2013 speech to the National Multifamily Housing Council, Clinton said politicians must balance "both a public and a private position" while making deals. Clinton gave an example from the movie "Lincoln," and the deal-making that went into passage of the 13th Amendment, a process she compared to sausage-making.

"It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be," Clinton said. "But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position." " http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...peeches-leaked-hacking-blamed-russia-42659649
WOW. Clinton watched Lincoln. Thats impressive. I thought that movie was shunned by liberals because it shows the Democratic party's roots.

Late Monday, Fallon tweeted that “media needs to stop treating WikiLeaks like it is same as FOIA" and recognize that the emails are from "an illegal hack" from a group "colluding" with Russia to help Donald Trump. WikiLeaks has since gone point for point with him on Twitter, accusing the campaign of "lying."

Whats funny about this..but not really, is that the Clinton campaign is accusing Assange of doing all this to help Trump. They are the ones who committed the actions. They did it, not Assange. "We killed someone and would have gotten away with it if you didnt tell!" Sad.

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
Bill Ivey of Global Cultural Strategies corresponding with John Podesta, part of Hillary's team:

Dear John: Well, we all thought the big problem for our US democracy was Citizens United/Koch Brothers big money in politics. Silly us; turns out that money isn't all that important if you can conflate entertainment with the electoral process. Trump masters TV, TV so-called news picks up and repeats and repeats to death this opinionated blowhard and his hairbrained ideas, free-floating discontent attaches to a seeming strongman and we're off and running. JFK, Jr would be delighted by all this as his "George" magazine saw celebrity politics coming. The magazine struggled as it was ahead of its time but now looks prescient. George, of course, played the development pretty lightly, basically for charm and gossip, like People, but what we are dealing with now is dead serious. How does this get handled in the general? Secretary Clinton is not an entertainer, and not a celebrity in the Trump, Kardashian mold; what can she do to offset this? I'm certain the poll-directed insiders are sure things will default to policy as soon as the conventions are over, but I think not. And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging. Rubio's press conference yesterday AM was good and should be repeated in its entirety, not just in nibbles. I will attend the Clinton fundraiser here next week but as I can only afford the low level of participation may just get to wave without a "hello." I fear we are all now trying to navigate a set of forces that cannot be simply explained or fully understood, so it is and will reamin interesting! Sent with a handshake, Bill

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599