Wigs, yes, I mean wigs (not the Tories) ;) | INFJ Forum

Wigs, yes, I mean wigs (not the Tories) ;)

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, do you wear wigs? How often? What kind? And what makes a good wig? What's your favorite color? How do they make you feel?

4155465-md.jpg

Last edited:
81qvyS-cfGL._SY550_.jpg

So, I bought this wig, and tried it on. And umm, it was ok, but not great. It was a nice wig but may wasn't the right fit. Wish I could show pics :D Anyway, I've had trouble finding the right wig. Because I have a very low afro, my usual hairstyle, sometimes I want to change it up, but not sure what to choose that doesn't look outrageous or just silly. I don't want it to look like a joke, and have people laughing at me behind my back (although they probably do that anyway :D). So, I'm still on a search, or hunt for the right wig. I like short wigs.

I've got too much hair to wear a wig lol, it'd never fit on my head.

i only wear wigs for costumes.. it'll look weird going to work wearing one.. if there's one thing i make time and effort of before i go out of the house, it's my hair. my hair is my.. uhm.. comfort zone..

Reactions: hn87c901 and Gaze
No, which is something I am extremely thankful for. I do own one, but someone else bought it for me and I never use it.

I have heard that if you want a decent wig you need to be willing to spend serious $$$ for it. The cheap ones all look fake supposedly.

But what do you want a wig for Gist?

Reactions: Gaze and hn87c901
No, which is something I am extremely thankful for. I do own one, but someone else bought it for me and I never use it.

I have heard that if you want a decent wig you need to be willing to spend serious $$$ for it. The cheap ones all look fake supposedly.

But what do you want a wig for Gist?

It's pretty common for people down here to wear them. I have very short hair, so sometimes, it would be nice to try something different, but it's tough finding a nice and natural looking wig. It does take money.

I've always wanted a wig, but its like you need to be irritated as a job requirement if you're going to be work in the wig section of the department store. It's like if you don't buy there right on the spot, or if you express interest in trying on more than one wig, the sales lady will pull a lever and feed you to the lions. This is true of all two of the wig stations I've stepped into my life.

But I digress...

I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to try on different styles and colours of hair without committing to a dye job or extensions. The only problem I'd have is deciding on a wig colour and style. Imagine being able to change up your look drastically every day with just a change of hairpiece and make up and clothes to match. If I ever do crack and go out and get one, the fact that it's a lot of cash is a probably a good thing. I can easily see how some people can amass collections.

Reactions: PintoBean and Gaze
81qvyS-cfGL._SY550_.jpg

So, I bought this wig, and tried it on. And umm, it was ok, but not great. It was a nice wig but may wasn't the right fit. Wish I could show pics :D Anyway, I've had trouble finding the right wig. Because I have a very low afro, my usual hairstyle, sometimes I want to change it up, but not sure what to choose that doesn't look outrageous or just silly. I don't want it to look like a joke, and have people laughing at me behind my back (although they probably do that anyway :D). So, I'm still on a search, or hunt for the right wig. I like short wigs.

I was being way too nice here. This wig did not look good. It looked better compared to others, but nope. Sorry @Gist.

I like wigs. I don't usually wear them, but I would I think if I had short hair. I really loved having extensions. It was fun having mermaid hair to my waist, but it got really expensive. I've thought of getting a pixie cut just so I can enjoy a variety of wigs and not have to deal styling my actual, le sad hairs. Edit: the wig I actually got some millage out of was basically like the one Natalie Portman wore in Closer.

Reactions: Gaze and CindyLou
I've never tried a good quality wig. Only Halloween style wigs. I really should lol. After an unfortunate impulsive decision I made in my early 20s I did the hair extension thing like @PintoBean and it was so much fun, but yeah really expensive. I kept it up for about a year. Wigs would probably be more fun than extensions.

Reactions: Gaze