Why is there so much INFJ vs INFP confusion? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why is there so much INFJ vs INFP confusion?

You have a good sense of the types, [MENTION=9401]LucyJr[/MENTION] (EDIT: Actually. most of the posters here do), and the post above corresponds with what Socionics theory has taught me. It is very interesting how the INFJ seems more like a perceiving type and how the INFP seems more like a judging type, upon a more-than-superficial examination.
That's because INFJ is a perceveing type, because Ni is a perceiving or irrational function, while INFP is a Judging type, because Fi is a Judging or Rational function.
Of course, in MBTI everything is mixed up wrong.

It's been answered well by the other posters. They beat me to it!

From the one INFJ I know, she will express a strong opinion and then ask me what do I think. When I say what I think (if I've even given any thought to it), if it doesn't align with what she said, she appears put out. Like one of us is wrong somehow but she cannot put her finger on it and will just kind of deflate. Or she sometimes she will change her view to match mine--it depends. I really dislike it and sometimes I am reluctant to air my views on things because of it. I understand that Fe works like this but at times, this just bugs the f*** out of me.

The INFJ I knew would ask for my honest opinion on a matter, one was, I think, "Do you watch Eurovision?" or something, and then when I replied "Nah, I don't find it interesting" she appeared totally heartbroken. "Whaaat? How can you say that!"

In my personal opinion they're not very good at tolerating or understanding someone else's perspective on an issue. They would rather just *hope* that your view matches theirs and get all angry with you if it doesn't than to really explore your ideas and perspectives.

Or maybe I'm wrong and that's just how it looks to me...