Why have the "rebels" and Assad not sought compromise and peace? | INFJ Forum

Why have the "rebels" and Assad not sought compromise and peace?

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Will there be a massacre(continued) if someone does not help fight against Assad, Iran, Hezbollah, and Russia? Will Turkey be the hero? Will others join in? What type government will take its place? Who will control the CBWs? Is this Shiite against everyone else?

Do we really understand the dynamics of the situation? If Assad's allies are helping him, can the others hold up? Where would America be right now if it weren't for other countries helping us? Thank you, Benjamin Franklin!

There have been talks about Assad stepping down but if he was going to do that i'm sure that he would want assurances that he wasn't going to be stabbed in the rectum by a CIA agent in front of the world like Gaddafi was before being assasinated like gaddafi was; or perhaps he would want assurances that he wouldn't be hung in front of the world like Saddam Hussein was

So you're asking how would a transition be possible? There would have to be assurances. Assad is not acting alone; he represents a faction in Syria. That faction is going to want assurances that they will not be suppressed just like Gaddafis tribe will not want to be excluded from any government spending or power sharing in Libya

If any party is left out in the cold they will respond violently. So the key to peace would be ensuring that there would be no violent retrobution against anyone and that resources would be shared within the country and that every party would be represented in the democratic process

But that might not be the game plan of the USA and UK who are the power behind the rebels in Syria. The game plan of the USA and UK is to destabilise the region and turn everyone against each other. That has always been the colonial template of the British for hundreds of years. they did it in Africa, India and the Americas and now they are doing it in the middle east.

They also want to weaken Syria because it is an ally of Iran and Iran is important because it has vast oil reserves. The modus operandi of the USA/UK alliance has been to topple democratically elected leaders and to put their puppets in place who they will make personally rich in return for plundering the resources of the country involved

The US and UK have no concern whatsoever about how many people die in the process they just have an unquenchable thirst for oil. The tragedy of this situation is that despite having abundant solar, wave and and wind power in this world of ours that the industrialised countries haven't transitioned to this sufficiently which means that they have to have continual conflict over the remaining fossil fuels

The middle east is strategically important because of all the oil that is underneath which the USA and UK want to control. This has nothing to do with 'democracy' and we don't really have democracy in the west anyway....we just have a lot of ignorance and hypocrisy

This is not 'shiite against everyone else' this is the neoliberal empire lead by the USA and UK (who are themselves run by global investors who own the central banks) against the rest of the world.

The UK and USA have fought everyone at some point, the shiites haven't. The US and UK are the main antagonists

What about the rebels? I really wasn't talking about Assad stepping down, per se. Gotta go for now.

The Allewites sure are consolidating toward the Shiites. The Ba'ath Party was taken over by Assad after his brother died. He took over the military. His Father saw to it. He was sent to take over the Lebanon sit-in, where he saw to it Rafiq Hariri was replaced by those loyal to him. To this day, Rafiq Hariri has been kept in the dark because his later asassination was for power in this Shiite ring. The Shia have some kind of respect or something with the Allewite.

Saddam Hussein was Ba'ath Party. They flew their MIGs to Iran when the strips were being targeted. They sent their CBWs to their neighbor in Syria. Islamic weapons. Not my words.

The Hashemites are respected also by the Shia. I use the term respect very loosely, but there is something there.

The destruction of the Zionists is on their minds. They want control like the Ottaman Empire. Iran has people on the ground on the borders of Israel and Jordan. Iran is now making drones from what they found in the one they took away. They are delivering armed drones to Hezbollah. Sinai is being armed. Gaza is being armed. Say what you want but these are the facts. It seems like everything Obama has done in the arena has been to help them.

sorry...Alawite

Last edited:
[video=youtube;L4vD6JpJAFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vD6JpJAFI[/video]

Reactions: muir
The ONLY thing Obama is currently concerned about is November 6 elections. The ONLY thing he is doing in the arena is trying to hold off Turkish and Israeli intervention before election time. He has turned both eyes away from the current plight in and around Syria. He has lied to the world and to Americans time and time again: "there will not be a nuclear-armed Iran." The man is a liar and is in complicity with their aspirations as far as it appears. Seemed he was in complicity with their aspirations from the start. Reminds me of the writing on the wall.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, General Al-Hasan has been killed in Lebanon for his anti-Syrian and pro-legal stance. In August, Gen. Al-Hasan uncovered a Syrian plot to destabilize Lebanon by a bombing campaign and had the pro-Syrian politician and information minister Michel Samaha arrested for his role in the plot. The General led the investigation that implicated Syria in Rafiq Hariri's death. Assad has henceforth spilled his bloodbath over the border into Lebanon. Of course, he has plenty of support there in the name of Hezbollah. Build a hospital, support feeding starving children, call yourself religious; then build car bombs and murder political targets around the globe. You are a terrorist. Still cannot understand why Bush called off Israel from destroying them in 2006. That is a move the arena will regret time and time again.

No, there was that first reply on the article I linked I wished for others to read by a man named Levy. Not on facebook so can't retrieve it.

Last edited:
Getting rid of Obama will make no difference. Below is a link to a video of Mitt Romney saying he thinks peace in the middle east is impossible! He says an advisor said to him that there was a prospect of peace between Israel and Palestine but he 'didn't delve into it'

Someone was saying there was a prospect of peace and he wasn't interested?!!!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/sep/19/mitt-romney-israel-palestinians-video

Obama and Romney are both the puppets of the global investors. They will both execute exactly the same foreign policy

That foreign policy is obviously on hold for elections.....and Iran.

Are you not disturbed that someone running for president of the USA expresses no interest in peace in the middle east?

Are you not deeply disturbed by that?

Are you not disturbed that someone running for president of the USA expresses no interest in peace in the middle east?

Are you not deeply disturbed by that?

I do not think more than a few people even remotely understand the dynamics of the area. I do not think anyone running for president knows what to do about the matter. I understand the public is so misinformed they cannot make a secure judgment call themselves on what to do. I am certain the voters have to choose between the lesser of two evils. It bothers me many people in the US vote for what will be best for themselves instead of the big picture. I am alarmed how many people have their hand in the cookie jar. I am surprised there are not more public gatherings to show their disgrace. I know without the shadow of doubt even the people here could not come close to agreeing on what needs to be done here, let alone in the world. It bothers me. Is it not obvious?

There "may" be a handful of people making decisions, but they do not even care about the true outcome and lack vision of the future based on their decisions. Democracy is not for everyone, but what is going on in the Middle East has a lot to do with the blowback from the Ottoman Empire and World War I decisions. The Ottoman Turks ruled with a firm fist, as did many rulers in that area and Africa. Sometimes people allow their muscle to outweigh their heart or mind to keep control over the crowds. There is nobody stepping up to serve the world with a better idea in the area that is not killed. The world is spinning out of control due to the absence of brilliance in leadership.

Assad massacred tens of thousands in Hama years ago. Now his son is stepping in his footsteps. I am more concerned with what will happen to those that do not agree with him than anything else over there right now. It is because of the timing and dire straits they are in. I would rather live with a gun than sit and watch as my countrymen are killed, so I naturally understand how the opposition feels.

I guess I am saying I understand the things you say more than I want to admit, though I do not agree with it all. I would rather see Romney try four years than watch an instant replay of the last four. Whether either one of them actually run this country or care bothers my human dignity more than you might realize. Voting makes me feel free, but tax time brings me back to some sort of reality. Tax my land, my house, my inventory, my business, my sales,
my trucks, my car, my boats, my gas I buy, the food I buy, and watch as politicians spend tens of millions to get elected to a job that just doesn't do the math. Let them start helping by refusing their retirement benefits. People served this country as an honor with no pay when it was started.

Last edited:
There is an elite in the US and UK who are living in a parallel world to us

While unemployment rises, inflation rises (the rates mentioned in the newspapers don't factor in food or energy otherwise they would show inflation increasing), dependancy on govt food aid increases, natonal debt increases, poverty increases and the fabric of society is increasingly torn apart the super rich enjoy their own health care, education, transport, safe homes, security forces, corporate tax breaks and profits etc

They benefit from keeping the status quo going because their corporations are profiting from it.

If we are going to change things we have to reject their politics. This means NOT voting for the two main parties as it should be abundantly clear to everyone by now that the two main parties are fully under the control of wallstreet

We have to vote for alternatives. Just ignore Obama and Romney. if enough people ignore these puppets they lose their power....but that means increasing awareness and it also needs commitment. It needs for people to not say things like:

'my vote will be wasted if i vote for someone else' or 'i'm just gonna vote for the lesser of two evils'

Becasue the reality is that they are both part of the same evil. They are simply veils behind which is the same old money men. We ahve to reject their parties and their politicians

If we stop voting for these people then they have NO DEMOCRATIC MANDATE. If they are operating unilaterally without the vote or support of the US public then they are acting as dictators and the entire illusion breaks down and their claims of representing the US people are completely undermined

Also although i think it is important to know what is going on in the world i think that the syrians must deal with their own leaders....that's their business

Our business is the tyrants on OUR doorstep. If we criticise other countries leaders without dealing with our own then we are hypocrits. Our main concern should be over how big money has completely taken over our democratic system and pushed the people out of the political arena

The USA formed because it wanted to shrug off the tyranny of the British crown and the central bankers who were behind it. Now the central bankers have got their claws into the US. Its time to re-assert our democratic rights. Its time to take a look closer to home and to deal with our own demons

Exactly how many people do you think will vote this election? How many will not vote? No way your aspirations could be met this time around, if ever. Unfortunately, some "demons" are easier seen when there is death and destruction.
Some of your "demons" may never surface to the public's eyes.

In reality, there are too many people that will vote for one or the other and many of them actually believe in those choices. I am voting against Obama rather than for Romney......my choice. I would rather vote for "none of the above".

Trying to run this country without an eye and hand on the rest of the world is irresponsible.

@muir, copied you on this and want your opinion. I have not stated I believe or disbelieve in it.

"If we choose to protect our republican way of government, which depends on the separation of powers within our economy and our political system-then we have only one choice, says Lynn. "We must restore antitrust law to its central role in protecting our economic rights and breaking up dangerous concentrations of power." Barry C. Lynn, senior fellow at the New American Foundation

from "Who runs America" by Don Monkerud..The Power of Private Monopolies, dated 2010

Last edited:
@justme

I think that putting regulation like anti-trust laws in place now are shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

That's not to say we shouldn't reform the laws we should its just that the game plan here is to move all the wealth from the public to the top 10% of the top 1%. That move has already been made with the bank bailouts.

Reforming the law will not change the fact that there has been the biggest swindle in the history of our planet. We need more than reform/regulation. We need wealth moved back to the people. Neither Romney or Obama will do that

If you vote for Romney as a protest vote against Obama he will just do exactly the same as Obama with a few exceptions to create an illusion of difference.

People should vote for NEITHER as a protest vote. Take away their democratic mandate. Give another party your vote as a protest and allow a bigger voice to others

People keep getting suckered into this stupid rep/dem pendulum game....its all a con!

Opt out!

It will accomplish nothing this time around.

It will accomplish nothing this time around.

It doesn't need to, it is part of a wider process of dissolusionment with the current system which will bring change over time

Be a part of the problem or be a part of the solution

Don't accept those two choices. Being a voter is not necessarily being part of the problem. We build things from the ground up. We climb ladders usually from the ground up: one step at a time. There is such a thing as being ahead of oneself. What you need is a campaign to get voters to stop voting, but be informed they will want to see a better way and better answers to problems existing today. Ever hear of the "show me" state? They have a great statement.

I'm not saying 'don't vote', i'm saying don't vote for parties that are clearly in the pay of wallstreet

I'd say vote for a party like the pirate party to try and shake things up a bit

Ultimately though however i don't think the answer is going to lie in the voting system as i think this has been completely corrupted

One way to try and clean it up a bit would be for the public to demand reforms that would take the money out of politics. part of the problem at the moment is the amount of money required in political campaigning which is provided by corporate sponsors that want something in return. aslo corporate lobbyists are able to effectively buy the loyalty of politicans

Money is having a corrupting effect on the democratic system