Why America loves a braggart | INFJ Forum

Why America loves a braggart

Basically these are uncertain times and Trump is a very confident narcissist. People are afraid, he speaks as if he is not afraid of anything. People cling to that confidence and live vicariously through him. If things were going well in the US, a Trump candidacy would never gain any steam. People are tired of the establishment, who serves their own and corporate interests rather than the citizens. The pundits have spent the last 20 years feeding into this collective rage (and nobody is any better informed for it), and it has reached a boiling point. He is playing on that collective rage and fear. People aren't being logical and so why should he? He just says what people in their anger want to hear. If he actually does get in, people don't realize how ineffectual he will be because both parties do not support him.

Last edited:
I completely agree [MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] I would only add that he won't accomplish anything because he has no coherent plan to actually do anything. What will happen if he is elected and people discover Emperor Trump truly has no clothes? That's anyone's guess...

I completely agree @acd I would only add that he won't accomplish anything because he has no coherent plan to actually do anything. What will happen if he is elected and people discover Emperor Trump truly has no clothes? That's anyone's guess...
Besides nuking ISIS, torturing family of suspected terrorists, banning Muslims and somehow forcing Mexico to build a gazillion dollar wall across the border.

Do any of them have a plan that goes beyond keeping the status quo?

Reactions: Skarekrow
I completely agree [MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] I would only add that he won't accomplish anything because he has no coherent plan to actually do anything. What will happen if he is elected and people discover Emperor Trump truly has no clothes? That's anyone's guess...

Are you implying that there are naked pics of Trump online? Where can I find them? If a Donald and Melania sex tape were to find its way onto the Internet, would that help or hurt his chances? Personally, if it were revealed that he has a huge dick, I think he would win the presidency. Americans love big dicks. The typical dude could not resist voting for a rich guy with a big dick and a model wife. That would be like cat nip. Although Trump probably has a micropenis. A lot of compensation going on with all of his towers and such.

Do any of them have a plan that goes beyond keeping the status quo?

Yes - making things worse.

Honestly it would be safer if they only kept the status quo, but we haven't had anyone who actually does that in recent memory.

So lets be serious for a second. I am not even close to a fan of Trump but he doesnt have a chance of being even close to as bad of a President as our current one. So...theres that.

So lets be serious for a second. I am not even close to a fan of Trump but he doesnt have a chance of being even close to as bad of a President as our current one. So...theres that.

Trump is bad for different reasons. It's already a bad sign when politicians of other countries dislike him before he's even elected.

Trump is bad for different reasons. It's already a bad sign when politicians of other countries dislike him before he's even elected.

Is it because they see someone they feel they cant manipulate?

I doubt it because Trump doesn't seem hard to manipulate. Just throw money at him.

Can you give an instance where money has been thrown at him?

My main issue with Trump is centered on why he wants to be President. I think he wants to be President just for the sake of it. Not because he wants to try and make things better. Just a trophy because he is bored. One of the reasons I liked Carson is because he genuinely seemed to care.

No but he's constantly grabbing it so what difference does it make?

Nice. But I know you to have critical thinking processes so no fooling me.
You are not seriously suggesting that just because someone likes money they shouldnt be President are you. I mean I know theres an overall picture of Trump you dont like which is fine but this one facet cant be enough by itself.

Nice. But I know you to have critical thinking processes so no fooling me.
You are not seriously suggesting that just because someone likes money they shouldnt be President are you. I mean I know theres an overall picture of Trump you dont like which is fine but this one facet cant be enough by itself.

Actually I am suggesting that. A desire for money unto itself induces bias and interferes with critical thinking. So yes, somebody who loves money in that way should not be President.

It's ok to desire money as a tool to accomplish other things, but love of money as a thing in itself is dangerous. Money without purpose or direction is also an irrational and misdirected focus.

Loving money itself is not logical. Money is a tool.

I can't believe I just read this. How deluded can you be [MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]? Honestly I don't understand comments like this...

Actually I am suggesting that. A desire for money unto itself induces bias and interferes with critical thinking. So yes, somebody who loves money in that way should not be President.

It's ok to desire money as a tool to accomplish other things, but love of money as a thing in itself is dangerous. Money without purpose or direction is also an irrational and misdirected focus.

Loving money itself is not logical. Money is a tool.

Ok this is difficult because theres so many directions this might be pointing. So I am not talking about the love of physical money but that of what having money can accomplish.
But... if you mean that its an opinion and I cant say if you are wrong or right or if it even matters. I dont think someone who works to gain money shouldnt be President. I think they are someone who sees how the world works and understands its how you play the game.

All these pointless threads with soundbite accusations of either narcissism or attempting to decipher his 'unpopularity' by measuring how many other disdainful politicians hate him. This is all truly pathetic, and I think many here are simply denying what many Americans think is necessary for a candidate and are instead choosing to call them either dumb or ill-informed. This is exactly the sort of attitude that Trump's biggest enemies take with them to their shill Guardian columns in the hopes that he may get a few less votes. Trump is going to be President, and you all need to start wondering why so many people are going out and voting for him instead of trying to pick him apart as if he is some kind of fringe nutjob. It's insane and laughable.

He's not a politician and this seems to be scaring the forum like a ghost on Halloween. It's both funny and cringe-worthy to witness.

Citizens of the United States enjoy seeing a little more self-confidence on their candidate. This is always a healthy thing, and his confidence has managed to help defeat his GOP rivals. I certainly wouldn't think of it as narcissistic; that's an immediate speculative leap being made in assuming that he has a personality disorder because he often likes to tell people how much he is worth. The reason he did that on many occasions is to show the American people how successful his business ventures have been, and then seeking to get the people to trust him as a candidate to make satisfactory trade deals. It's not exactly like breaking the German Enigma Code...

Trump needs to end his ridiculous conspiracy theories (birther for example) and start getting down to brass tax about the hardcore issues, which I hope to see him sort out in the coming weeks. He also needs to evaluate his 'Muslim ban' policy to make it more adaptable to the Constitution; i.e. providing more checks without religious discrimination. But this entire façade of politicians and other media 'personalities' jumping on one of the worst bandwagons of our time needs to stop. It's simply too many lies to control, and many people have been (unfortunately) successfully led by them during this election.

Last edited: