Who here watches RT? | INFJ Forum

Who here watches RT?

Yeah i scan their headlines and i watch the keiser report

It gives a pespective outside the bubble created by the anglo-american media

Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter
I used to watch it. It's good and contrary. People should be skeptical of RT just like any other news station. What I like about RT is they are blatantly biased and they don't hide it. So by doing that they are actually being unbiased. Despite what most people may think.

RT weirds me out.
Sometimes, the babes they hire (and train, apparently, to speak in perfect US Midwest diction) to rattle off the news slip up and start speaking in their Russian accent.
I think it's weird that they only cover US corruption, and they do quite a bit of fear mongering.
If I'm going to watch/listen to international news, I'll stick with BBC.

Last edited:
I catch it now and again. It's nice to have a different perspective but no corruption would suprise me so I don't even feel the need to watch any news anymore, really.

I do like that they interview people who the western media give zero coverage to, that's nice.

But, yeah, it's all still very much Politiks and I care not for it!

It's exactly what I would expect from a country known for hating America.

I used to watch it. It's good and contrary. People should be skeptical of RT just like any other news station. What I like about RT is they are blatantly biased and they don't hide it. So by doing that they are actually being unbiased. Despite what most people may think.

Yeah its a government news channel and it's basically created as a reaction against the anglo-american neoliberal club

If you don't agree with neoliberalism then its pretty refreshing as it shows news stories that expose what the neoliberal club are upto

But the Russian government is also facing protests from its public the same as the UK and US governments are. it also punishes whistle blowers the same as the US and UK governments, so really it is no more democratic than the UK and US governments

The reality is that all those governments are failing their people

But I never miss an episode of the Keiser report. His predicitions always come true because he does understand the basic agenda of neoliberalism. The interviews in the second half of the show are usually very informative

Last edited:
RT weirds me out.
Sometimes, the babes they hire (and train, apparently, to speak in perfect US Midwest diction) to rattle off the news slip up and start speaking in their Russian accent.

I think it's weird that they only cover US corruption, and they do quite a bit of fear mongering.
If I'm going to watch/listen to international news, I'll stick with BBC.

Its only fear mongering if it isn't true!

There are major events happening in the world right now and RT will tell you things that the western corporate media would rather keep hidden from the public

Yes they cover US corruption because there is a growing resistance to the neoliberal club around the world and in the western countries themselves. They are beaming out their perspective to people around the world who are all sick of US neo-imperialism

There are many dissenters within the US such as the tea party movement or the occupy movement who have also realised what the 1% are upto (moving all the public wealth into private hands)

The BBC is unfortunately not as free to show the truth as RT because it is controlled by the same british elite who control the financial sector (city of london) who don't want us realising what is going on

An example would be when a civil servant, Dr David Kelly,spoke out, on the BBC, telling everyone that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction and that the government had 'sexed up' a document to try to scare the british public to manufacture their consent to go to war

As a result of that interview the interviewer and the head of the BBC lost their jobs and the whistleblower civil servant was found dead in a wood near his home having been murdered

The BBC won't tell you whats going on because it can't....RT is protected by the Russian government so it will tell you what your government is really upto

Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter
Its only fear mongering if it isn't true!

There are major events happening in the world right now and RT will tell you things that the western corporate media would rather keep hidden from the public

Yes they cover US corruption because there is a growing resistance to the neoliberal club around the world and in the western countries themselves. They are beaming out their perspective to people around the world who are all sick of US neo-imperialism

There are many dissenters within the US such as the tea party movement or the occupy movement who have also realised what the 1% are upto (moving all the public wealth into private hands)

The BBC is unfortunately not as free to show the truth as RT because it is controlled by the same british elite who control the financial sector (city of london) who don't want us realising what is going on

An example would be when a civil servant, Dr David Kelly,spoke out, on the BBC, telling everyone that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction and that the government had 'sexed up' a document to try to scare the british public to manufacture their consent to go to war

As a result of that interview the interviewer and the head of the BBC lost their jobs and the whistleblower civil servant was found dead in a wood near his home having been murdered

The BBC won't tell you whats going on because it can't....RT is protected by the Russian government so it will tell you what your government is really upto

I find myself appreciating the things that they cover. However, I just think it's odd. Maybe it seems like fear mongering because they are continually talking about how the US is on the verge of collapse, but they are not from the US. If a US outlet covered the same things, I'd be on board with it. Maybe that is dumb of me. Because the point that they drive home at every commercial and segment is the the US main stream media WON'T cover this stuff.

Regardless..I have been watching Red Dawn daily in preparation. (j/k..)

I find myself appreciating the things that they cover. However, I just think it's odd. Maybe it seems like fear mongering because they are continually talking about how the US is on the verge of collapse, but they are not from the US. If a US outlet covered the same things, I'd be on board with it. Maybe that is dumb of me. Because the point that they drive home at every commercial and segment is the the US main stream media WON'T cover this stuff.

Regardless..I have been watching Red Dawn daily in preparation. (j/k..)

A US outlet can't tell you the truth about what is going on in the US.

If a journalist tells the truth about a politician or about an issue then they suddenly find their phone stops ringing and no one returns their calls. they can't bite the hand that feeds them and the news is basically spoon fed to all the outlets from about 3 press agencies so it is highly centralised....it just gets repackaged to create an impression of diversity

I think that the US empire is on the verge of collapse (like the USSR collapsed) but there is another game being played. The US is just being used as a tool by international bankers to try to create a world government. The current economic crisis is their opportunity to offer a new solution which will be a world currency issued from a world bank authorised by a world government. All of which will of course be controlled by the global bankers

But things are pretty fragile really. For example the US is highly dependant on oil; for example food production is highly dependant on oil.

At the moment the US has boycotted Iranian oil in an attempt to strongarm it but the Iranians have just sold oil to eastern countries instead. In retaliation Iran is threatening to close off the strait of hormmuz by littering it with mines which would see a slow down in the transport of oil by tankers leading to a spike in oil prices.

Oil prices go up at the pump, the economy falters, food production is threatened etc. imagine if food production ground to a halt....stores would be empty in few days, cupboards in a few more and within a week you have food riots

So the US is sending minesweepers to try to keep the straits clear and are trying to overthrow the Syrian government because they are an ally of Iran

So the reporting on RT might seem pretty alarmist but we realy are living in incredible times! The rate at which things are happening at the moment are phenomenal....there's major events every week!

We are seeing major moves being made on the global chess board and the stakes are high

So by doing that they are actually being unbiased.

By being biased they are being unbiased. That is not how it works.

How do you figure? Have you looked into who owns and runs RT? If you have done any research into it Im interested to see. The 1% elites are known for being very blatent (but not vocal, only saying so when asked) about what they are doing. Elites in Russia are probably in cahoots with elites in every other place.

How do you figure? Have you looked into who owns and runs RT? If you have done any research into it Im interested to see. The 1% elites are known for being very blatent (but not vocal, only saying so when asked) about what they are doing. Elites in Russia are probably in cahoots with elites in every other place.

RT is government run

The BBC has been whipped into line as i explained before because the head of the BBC Andrew Gilligan went off message and allowed an interview with a civil servant Dr David Kelly which exposed the governments lies over Iraq. Although this is great journalism, the eltes don't like great journalism....they like jourmalists to report what they are told to report

Elites are meeting in various forums such as the UN security council, G20, Davos Economic Forum, Bilderburg etc but you can get an idea of how the elites feel about things by what happens in the UN security council. For example Russia has been trying to block violent intervention in Syria

So i think there are, in simple terms, two major factors affecting allegiances:

1. whether or not a country feels it is in ideological step with another country (a club of countries has formed together under the 'Washington Consensus')
2. how interdependant they are in terms of trade (Russia has made a comeback because its pretty much energy independant. It supplies many countries in Europe with gas so its hand is on the tap, which gives it a lot of clout)

These two interests aren't always in alignment...just to confuse things

The really interesting story at the moment is the LIBOR scandal because it is now being made public that the banks have all been rigging the LIBOR rates and conspiring to do so.

But there is a further dimension to this. The central banks knew about the LIBOR rigging and did nothing about it so they are also part of the conspiracy

So as Max Keiser said recently (i think it was actually said first in the Economist) banking is about to have its 'tobacco moment'. Just as the tobacco companies had to finally admit that their products caused cancer (like in the film 'The Insider') it looks like the banks are now going to have to admit that they ahve all been involved in giant conspiracy involving the central banks

Of course this is no suprise to the 'tin foil hat' people who knew all this was going on already

Last edited: