David Nelson

Permanent Fixture
Feb 18, 2022
Wirral UK
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9 possib
It’s great when this happens. You know when a track knocks you sideways for no apparent reason. You probably always liked the song but the new resonance is sooo powerful I posted this song in another thread…wow. This brought tears.

I suggest we use this thread when anyone encounters this?

Reactions: John K and Wyote
It’s great when this happens. You know when a track knocks you sideways for no apparent reason. You probably always liked the song but the new resonance is sooo powerful I posted this song in another thread…wow. This brought tears.

I suggest we use this thread when anyone encounters this?

What was it? I can’t see it.

Wondering,
Ian

Cool idea

This one a while back really got me
Naoki Sato - Hiten

Last edited:
Eivør Pálsdóttir - Slør

This transports me to the ecstasy of windswept islands in the north Atlantic, wild flying clouds, sharp stars, cold blue light, dazzling sunsets - I have left a lot of myself in these sort of places.

People don't get that a song which means something to them can be nothing but a cheesy sounding track to most other people.

That said, I find this performance of Handel's, Lascia Chio Pianga, particularly beautiful. It's an aria lamenting the loss of liberty, and that sorrow for the captive shall shatter her chains.

Fair point Sometimes. I think for something to really resonate it has to be to our taste and we must be in the perfect mood and time and place to perceive it’s power deeply. It is very subjective. We would like others to feel the same but mostly they won’t.

Reactions: John K and aeon
Fair point Sometimes. I think for something to really resonate it has to be to our taste and we must be in the perfect mood and time and place to perceive it’s power deeply. It is very subjective. We would like others to feel the same but mostly they won’t.
There's something comforting when others can share our feelings. It's probably what drives some people's addiction to outrage culture. Subtler feelings such as love motivated vulnerability, or beauty inspired joy-melancholy are very rare to share with others.

I guess live music concerts are a good way as all there will love the music similarly. That can be a great feeling of oneness with others, even though they are mostly strangers. For that brief period, a mass of people feel similar things and share a bond.

I guess live music concerts are a good way as all there will love the music similarly. That can be a great feeling of oneness with others, even though they are mostly strangers. For that brief period, a mass of people feel similar things and share a bond.

Reactions: John K and aeon