What is your Book? | INFJ Forum

What is your Book?

S

Shai Gar

No doubts plague me, nor scruples as well.
I'm not afraid of devil or hell.
To offset that all joy is rent from me.
I do not imagine I know aught that's right;
I do not imagine I could teach what might
Convert and improve humanity.
Nor have I gold or things of worth,
Or honours, splendours of the earth.
No dog could live thus any more!
So have I turned to magic lore,

What books do you seek out, what singular book have you that through its magic cast aside all doubt? Show me the book that others seldom own, the book you have around your life made home. Mine is Faust, a story oft in history told, that began within barbarossas hold. A man who lost his heavenly gleam, yet later a poet made him redeemed.

A Gentleman Devil, the Germainic Fiend. A model of power and seduction. It is not Faust himself who is the true star of this story, poem, play and opera, it is Mephistopheles the one who transformed from Dantes evil brute, to a witty, charming and urbane monster who allowed man to torment himself by allowing him access to his own desires.

Man in his wretched days makes me lament him;
I am myself reluctant to torment him.

Be Here Now.

The game is not about becoming somebody, it's about becoming nobody.

BeHereNowLG.jpg

why that book?

Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) explains his journey from sociology professor to acid freak to desperate seeker to yogi in a language that I understand. This book speaks deeply to me in every way. I could have been him. I'm very thankful to the late '60s hippie generation for experimenting and documenting what they did so we know what to avoid and what to go for.

"Becoming a child again is what is impossible. That's what you have a legitimate reason to be upset over. Childhood is the most valuable thing that's taken away from you in life, if you think about it."
lullabies-for-little-criminals1.jpg

"When she said sweet things in my ear, it would slide right down into my heart."