What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15) | Page 80 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15)

I really loved their new album. Their songs hit a bit too close to home, unfortunately lol (especially 'failure', 'ashes of eden' etc) but I've always been a big fan!

How about you?
Actually I was thrown off when I heard "Ashes of Eden". But when I got to listening to something more metal-y recently, I found some new stuff (well, for me) that I liked very much. Among those the new album "Ember", the lastest from Trivium, and a few other songs. The songs that I listened to didn't hit that close to home, there is always something off that doesn't quite hit the spot. Doesn't keep me from liking it ;)

Actually I was thrown off when I heard "Ashes of Eden". But when I got to listening to something more metal-y recently, I found some new stuff (well, for me) that I liked very much. Among those the new album "Ember", the lastest from Trivium, and a few other songs. The songs that I listened to didn't hit that close to home, there is always something off that doesn't quite hit the spot. Doesn't keep me from liking it ;)

I don't know about you but I prefer having a detachment from songs, especially from bands that I like. It feels kind of jarring having the lyrics of a song describe perfectly(or close to) what you're thinking or feeling at the time.

I don't know about you but I prefer having a detachment from songs, especially from bands that I like. It feels kind of jarring having the lyrics of a song describe perfectly(or close to) what you're thinking or feeling at the time.
When and if what I seek is distance, then yes. But at other times it can be comforting that a song can express what you feel, that maybe you are not alone and are being understood, even validated. Also, that way you can look at what you feel from the outside and perceive it from a different perspective. It can be quite illuminating. Once I listened to a song (don't remember which it was now) that reflected what I felt and I was appalled at what I saw. Granted, I was in a seriously dark mood, darker than loki (which I learned yesterday is apparently an emotion as well).

When and if what I seek is distance, then yes. But at other times it can be comforting that a song can express what you feel, that maybe you are not alone and are being understood, even validated. Also, that way you can look at what you feel from the outside and perceive it from a different perspective. It can be quite illuminating. Once I listened to a song (don't remember which it was now) that reflected what I felt and I was appalled at what I saw. Granted, I was in a seriously dark mood, darker than loki (which I learned yesterday is apparently an emotion as well).

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'Loki mood' so I went to Google, and I'm still confused lol But I take it that it's not a good thing :D

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'Loki mood' so I went to Google, and I'm still confused lol But I take it that it's not a good thing :D
I only got it from a meme, but my interpretation of it doesn't yet reach the darkness I felt. It's one of those where you'd love to watch the whole world burn down, smiling at the flaming chaos. It must be how Thanos feels.

Just inspired by the phrase.

Love that album cover.

Reactions: neko and Wyote

Reactions: neko and Wyote

Reactions: Wyote