[INFJ] - What are you interested in? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What are you interested in?

I agree with your theory and about levels of immersiveness being similar based on functioning, but I chose a videogame mainly because I wanted to visually create a world players can interact with.
Hence why I agreed :)

Any thoughts already on how the gameplay looks like? What kind of interface you're going to use?

Reactions: jn56uytrx
Hence why I agreed :)

Any thoughts already on how the gameplay looks like? What kind of interface you're going to use?
Controls are the main struggle right now, including platform for release, but it's an RPG with a vast, fantasy esque, interactable world. A decent example is, in a battle an opponent and miss and hit a building with an electro beam, that building is damaged accordingly; if you want to fly/climb onto a tree to then attack your enemy from there, you can; if you want to go into the water and bring the fight there, if the enemy feels as if they can have that advantage as well, the fight is brought there; if there is a market and food nearby during a battle, you can attempt to grab a bite real quick to heal if your opponent doesn't get to you while attempting to do so. You can interact with anything and everything -- that's the general sense. The world is one where it is more ideal, so a building wouldn't be destroyed by anything but a select few characters with the ability to manipulate just about anything, so a fire arrow-blast would hit a building and be deflected/dissipate accordingly. It's heavily story based with the ability to freely explore the world. Right now I have the majority of the story and characters down, but I still need to polish the script and eventually get to a studio where I can fully create the game to its greatest potential, as this is definitely not a game I can create alone. The UI is still in issue and will be highly dependant on the control scheme, but the ideal form would be to interfere with the screen as little as possible. The big problem is American studios aren't too fond of these types of games, and I'm not leaving my family behind to move to Japan where there are plentiful options. I also have to finish college first, so that's a given.

Reactions: jn56uytrx and Ginny
Controls are the main struggle right now, including platform for release, but it's an RPG with a vast, fantasy esque, interactable world. A decent example is, in a battle an opponent and miss and hit a building with an electro beam, that building is damaged accordingly; if you want to fly/climb onto a tree to then attack your enemy from there, you can; if you want to go into the water and bring the fight there, if the enemy feels as if they can have that advantage as well, the fight is brought there; if there is a market and food nearby during a battle, you can attempt to grab a bite real quick to heal if your opponent doesn't get to you while attempting to do so. You can interact with anything and everything -- that's the general sense. The world is one where it is more ideal, so a building wouldn't be destroyed by anything but a select few characters with the ability to manipulate just about anything, so a fire arrow-blast would hit a building and be deflected/dissipate accordingly. It's heavily story based with the ability to freely explore the world. Right now I have the majority of the story and characters down, but I still need to polish the script and eventually get to a studio where I can fully create the game to its greatest potential, as this is definitely not a game I can create alone. The UI is still in issue and will be highly dependant on the control scheme, but the ideal form would be to interfere with the screen as little as possible. The big problem is American studios aren't too fond of these types of games, and I'm not leaving my family behind to move to Japan where there are plentiful options. I also have to finish college first, so that's a given.
It sounds like your trajectory is all set. It's a good idea and pretty far along too. I'm sure you will be able to find a way :)

@Truth Eternity do you play Journey (or Sky)? That sounds like Journey. Not exactly, but it would fit into a genre with Journey. (Which is the best video game ever, so far.)
I think a few people here are making video games. I'm one of them.
Just because your idea is so special, and because I've been in the art business a long time, I'm going to caution you not to be so open about your artistic ideas when discussing them on the internet. Be vague when describing it to others, and then set goals and make the idea happen. <3 Best of luck. I would play that game a lot.

PS: For the record, most of the members here are not the type to steal ideas. It is a public forum, though, and it is a good habit to be vague.
Thanks for the advice :). And yes, I've played Journey. In fact, in the art direction portion of my first game development class, Journey was one of the games we played, and it was quite interesting and peaceful. It's not too much like that game, but I can see where you're coming from. What type of games have you been working on? And what inspired you to create games? In the next 7 years when I can hopefully finish creating it, I'll let you know. I think the biggest challenge after college is finding the right studio. I love Nintendo's values, but unfortunately they don't develop many games in their US branch, and I've contacted them and have been told that same thing, and that they pretty much always have enough developers for the few games they make. Microsoft seems like it's something I'd like, and I like how passionate Phil Spencer is about his career and how passionate he is about improvement.

It sounds like your trajectory is all set. It's a good idea and pretty far along too. I'm sure you will be able to find a way :)
Yeah... I can go on forever about it and still not get to everything, but I want it to be a series. I also have a couple ideas for other games, and one I think would be really nice. Getting into the specifics would pretty much be giving away the entire plot (for the most part), so I won't be getting into it right away. But I'm already planning projects after this one, as to always have an idea what to work on -- that's also standard throughout the industry, so planning multiple projects ahead is quite helpful and gives me time to pick and choose which ones to bear into fruition and how to develop them further.

Yeah... I can go on forever about it and still not get to everything, but I want it to be a series. I also have a couple ideas for other games, and one I think would be really nice. Getting into the specifics would pretty much be giving away the entire plot (for the most part), so I won't be getting into it right away. But I'm already planning projects after this one, as to always have an idea what to work on -- that's also standard throughout the industry, so planning multiple projects ahead is quite helpful and gives me time to pick and choose which ones to bear into fruition and how to develop them further.
It's perhaps best not to talk about this on a public forum either, so don't worry, I'm not meaning to pry. Not that I don't trust the people here. You just never know who else that visits the site may be reading this and steal your idea. But it's good you have a few irons in the fire anyhow. If you want to talk about this, there are a few threads in the private section, or you can make your own - I'm sure a lot of us would be interested :smiley:
Or not, if it will take you forever to tell us about it, you won't get to develop it and we sure do want to play it someday ;)

Welcome to the forum.

I am interested in electronic music production, mainly downtempo and ambient sort of stuff coming from a more techno and experimental oriented background. My next audio purchase is likely to be a binaural field recording rig. Other interests involve the technical side of audio like researching reprpduction equipment, which in fact involves a great effort in keeping me from spending more than I need to in audio reproductions gear (my headphones system alone costs a couple grand and I don't expect anyone to understand why). I also manage an audio oriented discussion and meetup group in my city.

Other lesser interests include my activity in a touch football league, my love of nature and hiking in forests and mountains, and my obsession with physical health and research into nutrition and the health of a healthy gut microboime. Trying vaguely into that is my interest in psychology and Jungian archetypes, also leading into philosophical subject mainly stemming from my readings of Nietzsche from where I have branched into other areas.

I try to understand the world. :relieved:

I also produce electronic music. Techno, not minimalist, leaning towards acid. Fusion with world music, too. Two ideas I would like to pursue: 1. MIDI controlled classical music composition. 2. Evolving, phased, filtered ambient music for meditation.

My rig has been packed away for awhile, but I finally have room to set it up. It's up but not cabled yet. (I dread the snake pit.) I also have fronted several meetup groups before, but forming a band is more productive.

Some other similarities with you: I hike (or bike) every day out in the country, year-round. Going to start camping in the spring. I wish I had a bin-aural, directional mic to record birdsongs and other animal sounds. How fun is that! Woohoo.

I made kefir for a few years but got tired of it and quit. Tried kombucha but didn't like it. Kimchee is good. Fermenting is tricky if you don't want a lot of salt.

Nietzsche and Jung. Geniuses. I got exposed to their work through MBTI, and it has been completely fascinating.

I assume you're Eastern Orthodox. Lifelong member of the Greek church, here.

Small world.

It's perhaps best not to talk about this on a public forum either, so don't worry, I'm not meaning to pry. Not that I don't trust the people here. You just never know who else that visits the site may be reading this and steal your idea. But it's good you have a few irons in the fire anyhow. If you want to talk about this, there are a few threads in the private section, or you can make your own - I'm sure a lot of us would be interested :smiley:
Or not, if it will take you forever to tell us about it, you won't get to develop it and we sure do want to play it someday ;)
I may make a private forum after classes tonight. I'll find out how it works and let you know when it's created.

Reactions: Ren and Ginny
I truely find your interests relatable. Since I was a child I was very much into artsy things infact better than most of my age children. I use to enjoy decorating my place alot I still do! but when it came to choose careers I wanted to be an architect first, since all the geometry forms and technical things I found it very fascinating. Due to some problems I wasn't able to get the university I wanted to be in and dropped the idea. I ended up getting in a national design college and I'm pursuing a degree in product design. I still do alot of art and craft things once I get time and yes ! I love character designing, conceptual arts and games, etc.

I truely find your interests relatable. Since I was a child I was very much into artsy things infact better than most of my age children. I use to enjoy decorating my place alot I still do! but when it came to choose careers I wanted to be an architect first, since all the geometry forms and technical things I found it very fascinating. Due to some problems I wasn't able to get the university I wanted to be in and dropped the idea. I ended up getting in a national design college and I'm pursuing a degree in product design. I still do alot of art and craft things once I get time and yes ! I love character designing, conceptual arts and games, etc.
Yeah, I'm not in a college that supports what I want to do, and I dropped CS for Psych, since CS was aimed towards coding systems/websites/servers and not games. Truly sucks, but I'll make it there one way or another. I really hope you're enjoying product design. Maybe you could share some of your creations/art? I'm sure we'd all love to see them.