"We're not racists; we just believe in purity of race." | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"We're not racists; we just believe in purity of race."

By definition, use of the term race, or believing the concept of race actually exists, is racist.

cheers,
Ian

Besides their sex, my parents have quite different physical characteristics, which they respectively share with other people who recently originated from the same geographical areas as they did. This differences in physical (and temperamental) characteristics can be distinguished easily by most observers.

The distinct 'groups', grouped according to physical characteristics are conveniantly called races. If making such distinctions is to be called racism, then this form of racism must be distinguished from that activity which evaluates one physically distinct group as superior to others. It is probably best then not to call the recognition of distinct groups racism, but simply, a function of distinguishing - which is very different from the function of evaluating.

An irrelevant point: I myself am a mixture of two distinct European races.

I was thinking of two countries where distinct races have mixed over a couple hundred years, to the point where the original races are not distinct any more: Mexico (spanish and indians); and the Philipines (chinese and spanish).

It can depend on the society, though. What we see as indistinct is still quite prevalent in that society.

Meh. I wish we could value who we are and our cultural backgrounds, and enjoy the skin we're in. But real life isn't like that. Which saddens me.

It can depend on the society, though. What we see as indistinct is still quite prevalent in that society.

Meh. I wish we could value who we are and our cultural backgrounds, and enjoy the skin we're in. But real life isn't like that. Which saddens me.

Move to Australia - Australians are only prejudiced against people who actively reject the local culture. So unless you are a militant muslim or an extreme fundamentalist, you won't find bias here.

No inbreeding? It will never work.

Don't they know that once you go black, you don't go back? ;)

There's no such thing as "purity of race." The "races," if anything are genetically indistinct. There has been too much mixing and genetic migration throughout evolutionary history for "racial purity" to be anything but a fiction espoused by bigots.

And that, Norton, is a prime example of why YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

And it's true, too.

By definition, use of the term race, or believing the concept of race actually exists, is racist.

cheers,
Ian
That's untrue. And even if it were true, you would just be trivializing the term, rendering it practically meaningless.

Agreed FA.

I don't give a shit about differences except that I wont tell black jokes to black people... They seem to take offense more than asian jokes to asians...

Aussie culture is indiscriminant of race or sexuality or religion... I get on well with gay people who act normal and don't put on a show (just enjoy fucking their own gender), but the ones who act and talk like NYC or LA effeminates shit me. I play lawn bowls, drink tea, listen to chamber music and watch arthouse movies. I am close enough to effeminate and far enough from the typical jocks to sympathise with, and understand rejection of gender roles. But putting on an act and rejecting our culture for the american one? Bah.

I am angry enough at these people that I wont say much. But certain people should go home and take their religion with them. We don't have their values and if they want to be in a place that has them, they can stay there.

I have dated two asian girls that if you were blind you would not know they were asian due to their (as they call it "whitewashing") almost went on a date with a third. One of my best mates is an ENTP that looks Indo, acts Territorian. My ESTP mate in queensland is Aboriginal, acts like every other aussie who has a job in IT and loves seducing virgins, big breasted girls and girls who erroneously see something sweet and caring inside him that isn't there. Heh.

The only "australians" I cant stand, and this seems to be across the board with most Aussies, are those who knew what australia was like before immigrating, and choose to reject our culture in favour of that of their homeland which they fled for a "better" life.

While the statement from Terrablanche's relative is provocative, I think the article's attempt to broaden the particular crime (murder) to a broader race issue is gratuitous.

The murder, at face value seems to have been about money, not race; about a dishonest employer and disgruntled workers, not about "whites and blacks."

If this particular murder does provoke some bigger race conflict, it will not have been without some coaxing from the media.

(I'll pull myself up here before I go on a rant about how the media contributes to exacerbating conflicts and racial tensions globaly).

Yeah, me too. This actually sounded like it was more about money than race, though the guy that died sounded like a total prick who had it coming to him, but the most unfortunate thing about his death, that I can see, is that it will cause more racial tension.

I am also glad in, a perverse way, that this did not happen where I live.

and

Should point out, for what its worth, whether anyone believes me or not, and I know they probably won't believe me, but I am going to say it anyway: the actual practicing Thingeys, where I live anyway, are truly some of the least racist people I've ever met and also some of the least violent. See Barny's post.

Wait a minute. Did I just post something about religion? $#!#

I am going to change the words to code names now so as to avoid being embroiled in controversy. See if you can figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd

I disagree - I think it is true. By your own citation of definition, consider entry 2. Then using the same source, consider the entry for discrimination.

And even if it were true, you would just be trivializing the term, rendering it practically meaningless.

I do think the term and the idea itself are practically meaningless - to me, anyway. I do sense that some others take some real pleasure in thinking otherwise.

Namaste,
Ian

By your own citation of definition, consider entry 2. Then using the same source, consider the entry for discrimination.
Definition #3 of "discrimination" is the one meant in the defining text for "racism." That is made clear by the matching distinctions of "racial discrimination," as opposed to a mere synonym of "discernment."

I do think the term and the idea itself are practically meaningless - to me, anyway. I do sense that some others take some real pleasure in thinking otherwise.
I think it's handy to have a word for describing racially bigoted people.

An update on the story:

it seems that Terrablanche was killed in a gay-sex-orgy with his workers.

Terreblanche 'killed in gay orgy'

09/04/2010 00:00:00
byline.gif
by Staff Reporter

news_bterreblanche250.jpg

Controvercy ... Eugene Terreblanche may have been killed in gay orgy.

SOUTH African police investigating the murder of white supremacist leader Eugene Terreblanche have heard claims that he met his death after a booze-fuelled GAY sex orgy with his two black workers, New Zimbabwe.com can reveal.
Investigators have heard how Terreblanche, who was leader of the right wing Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB) which campaigned for an independent white homeland, led a secret double life.
The new revelations will come as a blow to Terreblanche

Last edited:
It's a broken world out there folks.

Hope ya'll brought your tool kits.