wait... WHAT??!? | INFJ Forum

wait... WHAT??!?

I highly suggest you look up the definition of autism, since you clearly have no idea what this condition means.

I highly suggest you look up the definition of autism, since you clearly have no idea what this condition means.

Why dont you tell us since you are clearly an expert.

There are autistic geniuses and prodigies. Unfortunately, the media has not done a good job in the past of presenting complete and accurate representations of autistic individuals. So, it's not that the OP should be shamed for not being aware although we should educate ourselves more but also more complete information needs to be distributed through mass media sources.

I work with people who have autism. Some individuals are very high functioning, and some individuals are very low functioning. And some are in between. Just depends.

There are times I wonder if the evolution of the human race is becoming too pure, that basically our genetic disposition is reaching it's final limitations ... that we are now all "inbreeding" with each other creating these increasing congenital health problems. Will we reach extinction (if we don't kill each other off by war first?) Hmmm.

Why dont you tell us since you are clearly an expert.
I never mentioned my knowledge of the subjects so I don't see how I could "clearly" be an expert...
Being "blown away" by the fact that autism is not equal to mental disability indicates that the person in question is not very educated in the subject of autism.

A lot of the traits that qualifies a person for a diagnosis within the autism spectrum mostly just indicates a lesser functioning within social norms, but does not mean that the person is "stupid", just functioning very different. Some persons fitting the autism diagnosis would also be fitting the diagnosis for mentally disabled too, yes, but far from all autistic people are. Many are high-functioning and intelligent individuals. Having the idea that "autism = mental disability" is ignorant.

Last edited:
Having the idea that "autism = mental disability" is ignorant.

Well, i can't know it all. Thanks for making me less ignorant though :)

Still, i think this video is remarkable and that you didn't watch it all :)

Still, i think this video is remarkable and that you didn't watch it all :)
I've watched the full video several times since earlier :) quite remarkable indeed.

It is my understanding that Autistic individuals have a full, if not enhanced, understanding of the world and their surroundings. its just their ability of expression that is hindered.