Vic Mignona | INFJ Forum

Vic Mignona

Icedream

Nothing more than a thought
Apr 14, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
This situation has been getting to me lately.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me fill you in. Vic Mignona is a voice actor who has been under fire this month. He has been accused of sexual harassment, and has been blacklisted by meetup events and companies he worked for due to these accusations.

If you have any questions regarding the situation, feel free to ask. For the time being, I would ask that you do your own research and come to your own conclusions, then share your opinion here.

Reactions: Reason and Wyote
It's a buncha bullshit. Have actually been listening to this, which is not directly related but the whole group is super nice.
He's just a dude with a lot of Fe. It's a shame we are so sensitive as a society now that hugging is rape-y.
Learn to say no and be confident in doing so and you won't end up being a weirdo.

Hopefully this will help him get his job back

I know where I stand, but I'd like to see what more people say before I give my opinion and evidence.

Reactions: Reason
Ideally, the cons he's been to should do some digging and see if the stories fit. Get information about the people coming forward (Without revealing it to Vic) and decide from there whether to blacklist. I'm not talking criminal trial standards here, just seeing if the location of the people matches, eyewitnesses say it happened, others got that vibe, and so on.

Even more ideally, there should be internal processes for this so that his accusers can go to the con organizers themselves and discuss it there. That way, trial-by-internet stops being the norm, so I'd hope.

I don't know enough about his personal situation to know whether there is truth to the allegations (some dating back many years, apparently).
We are living in an era where people are finally feeling safer about speaking out, yet we still live in a culture where abuse, misconduct, rape, assault, harassment, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, etc, are normalized and those committing the misconduct, phobias or crimes, (etc) get away with it.

Despite feeling safer since #metoo, victims still feel unsafe and are unsupported. Those committing these acts still receive light sentences, if they are punished at all, and the victim is still the one "put on trial".

The only way "false accusations" will stop, and the only way informal accusations ("trial by internet" for example) will stop, is if our society faces these issues, sets standards as a society, and properly punishes those committing crimes like rape. By making a society that is more equal, inclusive, and respectful for all of us, and takes crimes like rape and abuse seriously, we will gain a better definition of what "misconduct" is. Even popular slang, like using the word "rapey", turns rape into a diminutive - making it less serious and kind of "funny".

I have no idea if he deserves this. It is, however, rare for people to come forward and lie about this kind of thing and I do not victim blame. I also do not respect those who use fake allegations to take people down because that leads to people taking truthful accusations less seriously.
The method the potential victims used to come forward makes it more difficult to believe them, but we still live in a society where most victims do not come forward. So, I have no opinion of his particular case, either way. I wasn't there. (I will make it clear: I do usually side with the victims until the accused proves his innocence... which is rare.)

While this issue may be different because of the genders of the accusers, it is weird that this forum doesn't have a thread for women to talk about women's issues. This is the first thread I've seen on this forum about misconduct/rape/assault. It is a very tender topic that is often female-focused,
and we don't have a space on the forum where women can feel safe discussing such topics. I've thought about starting a thread about this, actually, where we could talk about everything from serious topics like this, to the best mascara. Maybe it is time.

Last edited:
it is weird that this forum doesn't have a thread for women to talk about women's issues

Really? It's weird? Feel free to start one :)

I don't know enough about his personal situation to know whether there is truth to the allegations (some dating back many years, apparently).
We are living in an era where people are finally feeling safer about speaking out, yet we still live in a culture where abuse, misconduct, rape, assault, harassment, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, etc, are normalized and those committing the misconduct, phobias or crimes, (etc) get away with it.

Despite feeling safer since #metoo, victims still feel unsafe and are unsupported. Those committing these acts still receive light sentences, if they are punished at all, and the victim is still the one "put on trial".

The only way "false accusations" will stop, and the only way informal accusations ("trial by internet" for example) will stop, is if our society faces these issues, sets standards as a society, and properly punishes those committing crimes like rape. By making a society that is more equal, inclusive, and respectful for all of us, and takes crimes like rape and abuse seriously, we will gain a better definition of what "misconduct" is. Even popular slang, like using the word "rapey", turns rape into a diminutive - making it less serious and kind of "funny".

I have no idea if he deserves this. It is, however, rare for people to come forward and lie about this kind of thing and I do not victim blame. I also do not respect those who use fake allegations to take people down because that leads to people taking truthful accusations less seriously.
The method the potential victims used to come forward makes it more difficult to believe them, but we still live in a society where most victims do not come forward. So, I have no opinion of his particular case, either way. I wasn't there. (I will make it clear: I do usually side with the victims until the accused proves his innocence... which is rare.)

While this issue may be different because of the genders of the accusers, it is weird that this forum doesn't have a thread for women to talk about women's issues.i This is the first thread I've seen on this forum about misconduct/rape/assault. It is a very tender topic that is often female-focused,
and we don't have a space on the forum where women can feel safe discussing such topics. I've thought about starting a thread about this, actually, where we could talk about everything from serious topics like this, to the best mascara. Maybe it is time.
You make very good points, but I feel you're leaning towards a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset. Believe me when I say I know about this topic, having an uncle who's currently in jail for raping his daughter, and a father who would abuse his children. I've also been accused of sexual misconduct falsely, so I don't know if it's as rare as you think.
Anyway, there is proof that other voice actors are conspiring against him behind closed doors. Here's a bit of that evidence. They have also taken various videos out of context, against the wishes of the alleged 'victim.'

Side note: I definitely think you should make that.

Reactions: Wyote and Krypton
You make very good points, but I feel you're leaning towards a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset.

In general, I do have a guilty until proven innocent mindset about issues like rape and assault. This isn't the thread to discuss why because it will go off topic.

Thank you for the links about conspiring.

Reactions: Wyote and neko
Oh you know just... Using false rape accusations to Target black people, just seems kinda wrong. I mean Vic isn't black but he is human, right? He deserves his day in court.

Reactions: Wyote