Vertigo Comics | INFJ Forum

Vertigo Comics

• Thread starter Deleted member 1391
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1391

So, we already know that a huge majority of this forum's active member base are Final Fantasy nuts, but I've noticed something else while wandering around this wonderfully nutty community...

...a lot of us have avatars from comics made by Vertigo Comics, most especially Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

So, whose a fan? :)

Hellblazer
The Boys
Preacher
Sandman
Lucifer

I'm a fan of both Gaiman and Ennis.

Vertigo is my favorite indie line - mostly for Brian K. Vaughn's "Y" series. But I'm also a fan of Wildstorm, since they also produce "Ex Machina."

I usually read the adult imprints when they're indie characters. Gaiman is always good - but I actually prefer his novels.

*looks over at Good Omens on my shelf*

...uh...yea.

Vertigo is my favorite indie line - mostly for Brian K. Vaughn's "Y" series. But I'm also a fan of Wildstorm, since they also produce "Ex Machina."

I usually read the adult imprints when they're indie characters. Gaiman is always good - but I actually prefer his novels.

They are going to make a Y movie. I'm so stoked. But I swear to God if they get Angelina Jolie or Beyonce or someone to play Agent 355 I will MURDER people. I don't know who should play Yorick. *casts movie in head*

I'm pretty much Vertigo's bitch. I've said this before.

Last edited:
They are going to make a Y movie. I'm so stoked. But I swear to God if they get Angelina Jolie or Beyonce or someone to play Agent 355 I will MURDER people. I don't know who should play Yorick. *casts movie in head*

:D

I heard about the movie - and the rumor going around for Yorick? Shia LeBeouf. C'monnnn! Not him! Just...NO.

I'd rather Y be made into an obscure art house film than have Shia take Yorick's role. Yorick was Yorick because we had compassion for his dumb butt. Shia is a spoiled peacock and he'd botch it.

I'm so with you on Agent 355. Angela Basset would've rocked it, but she's a bit too old now. Alicia Keys' name has been thrown out there as a top pick, but I dunno. I haven't seen much of her acting chops.

But at least BKV is doing the screenplay. :D

One more vote for his novels

I was given the script for an issue of "Y" once in a class and told to draw thumbnail and rough page setups. It was really interesting to see what my classmates and I came up with versus what happened in the actual comic. In some areas, the things we students came up with were more interesting and dynamic than what was in the printed comic. (Which just proves that students here can produce work that's on a professional level.)

That said, when I read the script, it sounded like a really exciting comic and now I want to read it. :)

I'd be delighted to see what happened with that kind of movie. I agree that if they pick the wrong person for Yorick and 355, I will not be pleased. From what I've gleaned, Yorick is gangly and a little dorky but sincere and often naive. 355 needs to be a strong woman, period. She's sassy, but that's not the point of her character. I read her as a strong, independent, kinda of distant (emotionally), and responsible. She needs to see Yorick as the a guy who always needs looking after as if he's an overgrown child. (I seemed to read that about the two of them as well. Their relationship is almost mother-child or big sister-little brother.)

But yeah, I like the things Vertigo publishes and I enjoy Neil Gaiman's writings.

You did see what they did to Hellblazer though right? That was a Vertigo Comic.

DC doesn't seem to care about their comics to movies.

:D

I heard about the movie - and the rumor going around for Yorick? Shia LeBeouf. C'monnnn! Not him! Just...NO.

I'd rather Y be made into an obscure art house film than have Shia take Yorick's role. Yorick was Yorick because we had compassion for his dumb butt. Shia is a spoiled peacock and he'd botch it.

I'm so with you on Agent 355. Angela Basset would've rocked it, but she's a bit too old now. Alicia Keys' name has been thrown out there as a top pick, but I dunno. I haven't seen much of her acting chops.

But at least BKV is doing the screenplay. :D

I'm not even going to speak of the Beouf. He would be wrong on so many levels. I am not a fan of the Beouf. And yes, Angela would've rocked it hardcore. 355 always reminded me of her character from Strange Days; cleaning up after some lovable dumbass. I can't think of a single girl who could bring it....

I laughed for ten minutes straight when I heard that Keanu was supposed to be the lead in Hellblazer. And then I died a little on the inside when I realized it wasn't a joke.

Sting should have been the lead in hellblazer. Shit, the character was designed to look like him.

Sting should have been the lead in hellblazer. Shit, the character was designed to look like him.

That actually would've been alright. Sting doesn't annoy me that bad.