United States history of military strategy and technique

slant

Capitalist pig
Donor
Dec 30, 2008
MBTI
None
Hello everyone,

Lately I've been really interested in learning about how the United States became the super power that it is, how we built one of the strongest militaries and best intelligence networks in the world.

I am looking for resources- books, movies, podcasts, anything that will help me to learn the history and have a better understanding. I know INFJs are often great at research and can be interested in these topics so that's why I've come here.

Thanks!

This is obviously a very complex topic spanning a great length of time. However the short answer from me would be the US loaning huge amounts of money to Britain and France and then making up an excuse to enter the war in pursuit of recovering those debts. The massive loans and arms sales during this time period took America from one the world's leader debtor nations to one of the leading creditor nations in only a few years. During this time Woodrow Wilson eschewed individual rights and America's libertarian traditions and revised America into a managerial state more capable of waging war.
Japan and the US were the two biggest winners of the first world war.

Reactions: slant and aeon