Typeface Typology

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
What typefaces do you love and hate?

Has Verdana's usability popularity for screen display peaked, or does it still wear the usability crown, forever and ever? Is Calibri just pretending to be Verdana for print?

Are serifs only some worthless lingering type production detritus that is cluttering everything up, or do they genuinely increase readability?

Is Helvetica like so cool? Is Tahoma actually kind of charming? Is Comic Sans suitable for purpose?

WTF is Courier New? Is it meant to look like that? I don't know why it looks like that. It looks troubled, I'm worried about it.

Need advice! Please help!

Hey guys, no offense but wake up. This topic effects literally all of you. All you do all day is consume content in typefaces. Surely you guys have some thoughts on this? Let's be real.

Reactions: Sandie33
WTF is Courier New
This is computers attempt at news type (or antiquated typewriter) :D

Comic Sans only purpose is fun I think. When I was an HR Admin, I had a resume come in that was printed in Comic Sans. I interviewed the young man just to ask him why he had chose that type for his resume. I hired him for a position. He wasn't quite qualified for the position he had applied for, but I took a chance he would use that same tenacity in his work as he had his resume. The match was beautiful ;)