Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTP

• ESTJ

• ENTJ

• Total voters
Any thoughts on me possibly being an INFP? I've never tested as this type and I never really considered it until now. Hm.

Eh. Maybe not (infp). An INtJ that values my feels <---this feels right.

http://www.personalityhacker.com/ho...ht98fcdgtahoeu787fgchdoaeud98fd23409cdrtnue5/

Congratulations! Your Genius Style is…
Perspectives/Effectiveness
(INTJ)

Famous people of your type:

Carl Jung, psychiatrist and psychologist
Nikola Tesla, inventor
Isaac Asimov, writer

Here’s an overview of your unique Genius Style:

Strengths:

Foresees outcomes long into the future
Understands how the mind works
A futurist, while keeping practical

Weaknesses:

Getting out of your head and into action
Perfectionist, self-sabotaging
Can be prideful

How do you like being an intj? Pretty awesome right?
What I cant figure out though is why you lean the way you do politically. ..

Anywhere But Here said:
Any thoughts on me possibly being an INFP? I've never tested as this type and I never really considered it until now. Hm.

The key here is which sort of INFP? As you might recall, I'm pretty cautioning about the differences between the MBTI test (which I think reasonable people can't disagree converges more with the Big Five -- unsurprisingly since it was constructed using similar psychometric testing methods) and the whole theory of Jungian functions.

I don't think there's any chance you sound like an INFP in the sense of what the test predicts. But I do think your vibe gives an introverted feeling one (commonly INFPs are associated to Fi-dom, but to me that's a separate question)
And actually it isn't strange or uncommon for introverted feeling types to not identify with a lot of the standard MBTI F-y traits.

Personally I'd say if you're interested in thinking more about functions theory independently, it's worth asking if you're some kind of Fi-dom or aux. Fi is likely the least traditionally "feelings" or "emotional" thing you could ever associate to feeling-judgment. Ultimately Jungian feeling is inseparable from value judgments (whereas a lot of emotions are more experiences than judgments).

I would frame Jungian thinking vs feeling more as follows: thinking types tend to be more out of touch with value judgments. They may be rational about what is totally objective, but somewhat more loosey goosey with the realm of value judgments. Jungian literature portrays feeling types not as say, fluffy airy-fairy people, but actually people who can be very forceful about what is valuable, what matters, and so on.

I definitely can't see you as someone whose 4th function is feeling. It has to be 1, 2, or 3 from what I can see (although I fully admit I am going off of forum impressions, and sometimes that changes if you meet someone in person!)

Last edited: