Type superheroes! | INFJ Forum

Type superheroes!

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, recently saw Deadpool, and he's just ll kinds of interesting. :D So, curious about how anyone would type him or other movie superheroes and why.

I agree with this as well. Though I would have put Professor X in the INFJ category. Only because his main purpose in life is to help others recognize and reach their potential and show them what they are capable of contributing to the world. But I suppose an ENFP would be equally capable of this. Maybe the INFJ in me is being completely biased (probably), haha.

I agree with this as well. Though I would have put Professor X in the INFJ category. Only because his main purpose in life is to help others recognize and reach their potential and show them what they are capable of contributing to the world. But I suppose an ENFP would be equally capable of this. Maybe the INFJ in me is being completely biased (probably), haha.

Based on the younger and older version of Prof. X in the films, I'm tempted to say ISFJ.

Based on the younger and older version of Prof. X in the films, I'm tempted to say ISFJ.

Ah, the films, yes. I honestly didn't think much on the films, more about the comics. When I put the films into the mix, I can see ISFJ being a possibility. But something strikes me as him being more Ni dom. And I cannot even tell you why.

All the INTJs are going to hate me for this one, but I feel Batman, especially as portrayed in The Dark Knight Trilogy, is INTP.

Batman
Creative, logical, and independent, INTPs are society’s puzzle solvers. Confident in their ideas and vision, they are willing to take risks, try new things, and overcome obstacles. Their biggest foe is the ENTJ because they both use logic against each other, but how that logic plays out is quite different. Joker plans what he has to do; Batman reacts. INTPs are highly motivated by principle. For Batman, it’s about becoming more than just a man — it’s about becoming a symbol through which he brings justice and “turns fear against those that prey on the fearful.” INTPs often find fulfilling careers in software development, law, or academia. INTPs are all about justice and fairness. As part of his initiation ritual into the League of Shadows, Bruce Wayne must execute a man, yet he refuses to do so, at great risk to his membership status (and his life), unless the man is given a trial. Those who say Batman is an INTJ overlook the fact that the dominant function of an INTJ is intuition, but Batman had to go to Fox whenever he needed help coming up with innovative ideas. INTPs also have a weakness socializing, showing emotion, and talking about feelings. Batman is a loner, but in a different way than the Hulk. Whereas the Hulk loses himself because he is not understood, Batman would lose himself in his mansion because things weren't fair.
Here's another source for hero types, but I don't necessarily agree with all of them.

All the INTJs are going to hate me for this one, but I feel Batman, especially as portrayed in The Dark Knight Trilogy, is INTP.

Here's another source for hero types, but I don't necessarily agree with all of them.

Hulk as INFP. I can see it. As an INFP I really relate to the description, too. (I never really got into Batman enough to comment.)

What type is Xena, the Warrior Princess? I think she may be an ESTJ. I think she is most likely to be an XSXJ.

agree. she's definitely a TJ, just not sure which. I could see ESTJ but the situations she lived through makes me wonder whether ESTJ is a persona forged from everything she experienced.