Tylenol to heal heartbreak | INFJ Forum

Tylenol to heal heartbreak

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
There have been multiple studies that suggest that Tylenol helps with heartbreak and existential fear. I have tried popping extra strength Tylenol (1000 mgs) and they really did blunt my emotions for a while.

Have you tried this?

Reactions: PintoBean
At least you don't need a prescription for Tylenol, or some phenomenally expensive prescription drug plan to be able to afford it. I think I'd rather take Tylenol than an antidepressant. 1,000 mgs might be a tad tough on the digestive system though. I would consult a gastroenterologist about taking that high of a dose for a prolonged period of time. You might be better off eating medical marijuana gummies. They dull the senses without the risks of nasty side effects.

Eventually Tylenol will no longer help you if you never figure out the root cause. Heartache is a part of life and processing it properly builds emotional strength. You can medicate temporarily, but the shit you don't deal with will come back and haunt you in ways you can't even imagine.

Go puke, starve and sob on the bathroom floor for a few days/weeks and then pick yourself up from that barf covered, sticky tile floor to once again see the light of day for the first time. Reborn better, stronger, smarter. It's the human thing to do.

Or take a few Tylenol and be some kind of Stepford wife robot sheep. Whatever gets you through I guess.

Or Heroin, or Molly, or Ecstasy...

So does Johnny Walker

I think that these sorts of ideas are very interesting, but it seems as though they require a lot more research to be useful clinically. Times when I had major depression and especially on occasions when admitted to hospital for it, I had physical symptoms of inflammation that were clearly visibly observable. It required a very clever doctor to find the right medication that would get an effect on me, which was Olanzapine - headache pills barely even touched my headaches at that time. My inflammation was resolved by treating my depression, not the other way around. If you have the kind of low mood that can be fixed by a headache pill, there may be healthier ways to lift mood, such as some exercise or a new hobby, and as Wyote suggested persistently working through your problems, with things like gratitude, acceptance, honesty, kindness to self, and optimism.

Eventually Tylenol will no longer help you if you never figure out the root cause. Heartache is a part of life and processing it properly builds emotional strength. You can medicate temporarily, but the shit you don't deal with will come back and haunt you in ways you can't even imagine.

Go puke, starve and sob on the bathroom floor for a few days/weeks and then pick yourself up from that barf covered, sticky tile floor to once again see the light of day for the first time. Reborn better, stronger, smarter. It's the human thing to do.

Dude, spoken like a person whose been there a few times. Yes, being hurt is definitely part of life. A sucky part I might add, but if/when a person does recover they are "reborn better, stronger, smarter" - well put and words to live by!

If you're going to murder your liver with acetaminophen, you might as well get the ones with a tiny bit of codeine.

Tylenol is the new whiskey?

There have been multiple studies that suggest that Tylenol helps with heartbreak and existential fear. I have tried popping extra strength Tylenol (1000 mgs) and they really did blunt my emotions for a while.

Have you tried this?

Be really careful about how much Tylenol you are taking.
The max dosing for Tylenol is 4000 mg per 24 hr period with a 6 hr. interval between dosing.
This is metabolized by your liver so just remember not to exceed the max amount - which really IMHO, you should take as small of a dose as possible and see if you get the same relief.
Probably should limit your alcohol intake if you decide to take Tylenol regularly too as this can cause too little of the glutathione made by your liver which helps remove toxins from the blood and too little can cause the build up of toxins and result in liver damage.

Placebo effect with a side helping of liver and gastrointestinal toxicity.

"paracetamol toxicity is one of the most common causes of poisoning worldwide. In the United States and the United Kingdom it is the most common cause of acute liver failure."

It's one of those run of the mill drugs everyone is taking. What could go wrong?

Last edited:
Be really careful about how much Tylenol you are taking.
The max dosing for Tylenol is 4000 mg per 24 hr period with a 6 hr. interval between dosing.
This is metabolized by your liver so just remember not to exceed the max amount - which really IMHO, you should take as small of a dose as possible and see if you get the same relief.
Probably should limit your alcohol intake if you decide to take Tylenol regularly too as this can cause too little of the glutathione made by your liver which helps remove toxins from the blood and too little can cause the build up of toxins and result in liver damage.

Placebo effect with a side helping of liver and gastrointestinal toxicity.

"paracetamol toxicity is one of the most common causes of poisoning worldwide. In the United States and the United Kingdom it is the most common cause of acute liver failure."

It's one of those run of the mill OTC drugs everyone is taking. What could go wrong?

I was just going to mention this. I can't say how many times I have seen people in their 20s-30s coming into the ER with liver toxicity from the overuse and off-label use of otc meds.

I was just going to mention this. I can't say how many times I have seen people in their 20s-30s coming into the ER with liver toxicity from the overuse and off-label use of otc meds.

I see a lot of this in older folks, not sure about liver toxicity, but they are definitely not following the directions of the over the counter medicines they are taking. Over the counter does not mean "continue taking high doses for long periods of time". When it says "consult a physician", it means "consult a physician". Gee wiz.

I see a lot of this in older folks, not sure about liver toxicity, but they are definitely not following the directions of the over the counter medicines they are taking. Over the counter does not mean "continue taking high doses for long periods of time". When it says "consult a physician", it means "consult a physician". Gee wiz.

I see it so much more in the younger folks where I am. I think it's the whole pill-popping trend. I just urge anyone to please be careful of your dosages and heed that tiny printing on the label where it says "Do not exceed maximum dosage". Take care of your livers! *pours a glass of bourbon* j/k... :p

Last edited:
I see it so much more in the younger folks where I am. I think it's the whole pill-popping trend. I just urge anyone to please be careful of your dosages and heed that tiny printing on the label where it says "Do not exceed maximum dosage". Take care of your livers! *pours a glass of bourbon* j/k... :p

The real problem isn’t those prescribed things like morphine or dilaudid it comes from the tylenol/narcotic mixed pills like Vicodin or Norco….people start popping 20-30 (or more) of those a day and that’s waaaaay too much acetaminophen….that’s when you start to see the toxicity.

Reactions: PintoBean
The real problem isn’t those prescribed things like morphine or dilaudid it comes from the tylenol/narcotic mixed pills like Vicodin or Norco….people start popping 20-30 (or more) of those a day and that’s waaaaay too much acetaminophen….that’s when you start to see the toxicity.

Exactly! Acetaminophen, aka Tylenol, is the real culprit.