[INFJ] - two questions for you infjs? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] two questions for you infjs?

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by chad, Apr 6, 2019.

Share This Page

More threads by chad
  1. chad

chad Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    infjs two questions.
    1)how good are you at using fi(introverted feeling) according socionics and other mbti theories infjs are quite good at fi its just they treat it passivley?
    2)do you think art is about expressing when artists is experiencing inside?
    elaborate on both please

2. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Errr......
    1) I've learned to relate to other's problems during discussions by thinking about my own experiences and emotions, but it feels awkward, self-centered, and clunky to me. Saying, "I understand," and not elaborating about why can be worse because it can come off as cold or creepy, though, plus in order to bond with other people we must share a bit of ourselves. I know I have a hard time navigating the balance of this. I will either just say I understand and sit quietly and listen (and feel deeply) and then offer possible solutions, or I'll end up relating my own experiences and (at least to me) it seems like I'm talking about myself too much when the conversation is about someone else's experience or issue.
    So, I do not think I have a good grasp of Fi.

2) Well, yes. Unless you're just copying as an exercise, art has to come from within. Even choosing what to draw/paint/sculpt has to come from somewhere within no matter what MBTI you are. Where from within varies by type and individual.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Asa, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  3. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    1. I thought INFJs were not so great at Fi, at least according to MBTI? Fi concerns personal feelings or tastes. I've struggled with both considerably. I have trouble knowing what I'm feeling and determining what I prefer. My Fi is weak.

2. Usually yes, but I cannot know what they were feeling when they made the piece of art. All I know is how I feel when interacting with it, so my experience of the art is a reflection of what I'm experiencing inside more than anything else.

RonjaRaeubertochter likes this.