Tips for figuring out a person's type...? | INFJ Forum

Tips for figuring out a person's type...?

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
Okay, this is the last thread I will make in a while.

I was going to stop but I wanted I really wanted to ask others about this, but I want to get better at figuring out what a person's type is so that I can have an easier type predicting compatibility and/or trouble areas to avoid and understand that person better. It also would be helpful so that I can understand if simply I am doing something that is really offensive or rude, or if simply it is something to do with that person's dominant functions and If I am treading over a sensitive area, or...( it something else)
I am really bad at figuring out or telling what a person's type is though. I don't think the MBTI is the defining measure for understanding or evaluating a person; because everyone is still unique and complicated uniquely to themselves, but I wonder if perhaps it would save a lot of frustration if I became more adept at this skill.

Some of my personal experiences with type in real life: Another thing too: I think I've been surrounded by and have run into ESTJ's my entire life, or at least it seems this way on the outset. ESTJ's/ESFJ's, and they are always shaming, criticizing and I am getting into conflicts with them over their views on things. It's no offense to them, I just wish for example I could more easily find other NF's, which I've oddly hardly ever come across in my life (why is this?) I also wonder if NT's and NF's can get along well? I can be quite pensive and analytical and I think I can get along with T's quite well, though I wonder too if on average such would not be the case and they would see NF's as idyllic and head-in the clouds nonesense people?

When I took the MBTI in a group setting, I was surprised, it seems like NF's are like all the really weird people who are eccentric. I met a INTP who took the test, and we were quite similar in some ways, (I realized, I had a lot of NT friends in the past) and I can almost pass off as one, but my NF side comes out and they think I am "gay"-ish, or just really effete or something, I cannot really describe it. I was also surprised, the NT was always badgering me to be normal, and thought I was slow or stupid or something (which often, my demeanor is mistaken as)

Last edited:
Okay, this is the last thread I will make in a while.

I was going to stop but I wanted I really wanted to ask others about this

I hope that has nothing to do with what I said. :m033: Anyone can do what they like on here. As many or as few as you want.

I don't understand?
Oh nothing, I had just imagined you as some kind of a proto-typical mean girl behind an internet.

So no tips then? I think I am just let wondering more then anything about what happened to all those weird people and if they even exist anymore? I just find myself feeling stifled a lot I guess. I never realized it, but it seems like as soon as you turn 18 you are expected to unconditionally conform without much personal say in the manner. And I find with a lot of people, it's just, "sports" (all types) and stuff like that lately. It's really grating and hard for me to make peace with. I hated school when I was younger, I met this Native America man at an arts festival and he had some of the coolest art I had ever seen in person (which he was selling) I thought he was so cool. Apparently he just traveled all over and lived in a tent or something. Looking back I guess that's kind of scuzzy sounding but he was actually really clean and seemed normal and he was a really talented artist. I had imagined at several times doing something like that with my life and not much else. But the thing is practically everyone hates me and nothing I ever do is good enough. Honestly, a lot of people to me just kind of seem like weird fake little blonde ken dolls and blonde barbie dolls and they live in a weird crazy world to me.

What happened to all the weird outsider people? I just don't get it.

Oh nothing, I had just imagined you as some kind of a proto-typical mean girl behind an internet.

Yes I was mean, I'm sorry- I did apologise, and tagged you (so hopefully you'll see that somewhere).

Yes I was mean, I'm sorry- I did apologise, and tagged you (so hopefully you'll see that somewhere).
I look at photos and movies and such from a decade or so ago and it seems way different. Is it just me or has everyone become more materialistic and superficial? it's atrocious.

I look at photos and movies and such from a decade or so ago and it seems way different. Is it just me or has everyone become more materialistic and superficial? it's atrocious.

Well I do agree with that. I live in the countryside and don't watch TV. That helps to some extent. Last time I was in London I couldn't believe how much money had changed it. It felt like a playground for the rich, and regular Londoners having to move further out because they can't afford rent prices.

Last edited:
I met this Native America man at an arts festival and he had some of the coolest art I had ever seen in person (which he was selling) I thought he was so cool. Apparently he just traveled all over and lived in a tent or something. Looking back I guess that's kind of scuzzy sounding but he was actually really clean and seemed normal and he was a really talented artist. I had imagined at several times doing something like that with my life and not much else. But the thing is practically everyone hates me and nothing I ever do is good enough. Honestly, a lot of people to me just kind of seem like weird fake little blonde ken dolls and blonde barbie dolls and they live in a weird crazy world to me.

What happened to all the weird outsider people? I just don't get it.

Drop everything that you are doing with your life at this moment and go follow some hippie band around the country. You'll fit right in.

Reactions: acd and Littlelissa