Thoughts on..... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on.....

[video=youtube;FvIXJBrclLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvIXJBrclLY[/video]

I love to envision a world where sweatpants are a completely acceptable form of business casual wear (and sometimes formal wear).

No, you don't.

Sometimes the only thing that prevents me from killing certain instinct driven people is the fact that other people care and I would probably go to prison. Plus being meaning driven appears to be my instinct. Your whole statement is wacky. Thanks for telling me what I think though you douche.

Sometimes the only thing that prevents me from killing certain instinct driven people is the fact that other people care and I would probably go to prison. Plus being meaning driven appears to be my instinct. Your whole statement is wacky. Thanks for telling me what I think though you douche.
As a douche, I'm glad to have cleared you up on the matter.

(That's right - a douche is to you, as eye drops are to an eye).

Seriously though, I think instinct usually refers to non-reasoned responses. Meaning is usually a reasoned judgement of value, or importance.

You really turned that insult around on him im impressed.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
"....she's my sister....[slap]... she's my mother.... "

I think instinct usually refers to non-reasoned responses. Meaning is usually a reasoned judgement of value, or importance.

Holy crap, I fully agree and disagree with this statement. Meaning is only real when it is conscious. Consciousness usually requires reason but not always.

However those things which are hold the most meaning are always instinctual based.

Holy crap, I fully agree and disagree with this statement. Meaning is only real when it is conscious. Consciousness usually requires reason but not always.

However those things which are hold the most meaning are always instinctual based.
I know what you mean.

Perhaps involuntary responses can be distinguished into the more active responses, such as fight/flight and seek/have; and the more passive, or subjective responses like the emotions which do not prompt immediate action.

I am not sure if this usage is correct, but it seems that instinct is an active response, whereas emotions are passive impressions. The former seem to resolve themselves in action, whereas the latter resolve themselves, in part, through conscious processing - giving rise to meaning being attributed to the source of the stimuli.

There seems to be plenty of room for illusion when it comes to determining meaning.

It may well be that thinking and thoughts are only back fill used to entertain the focal point of consciousness (ie the ego) while meaning is being derived "elsewhere".

As a douche, I'm glad to have cleared you up on the matter.

(That's right - a douche is to you, as eye drops are to an eye).

Seriously though, I think instinct usually refers to non-reasoned responses. Meaning is usually a reasoned judgement of value, or importance.

You didn't clear me up on anything so I don't know what you're talking about.

My point is, "meaning driven" and "instinct driven" aren't mutually exclusive. There is value in terms of survival for both. So I just think it's a wacky statement to make. If anything, I think the more meaning driven people would displace the instinct driven.

You didn't clear me up on anything so I don't know what you're talking about.

My point is, "meaning driven" and "instinct driven" aren't mutually exclusive. There is value in terms of survival for both. So I just think it's a wacky statement to make. If anything, I think the more meaning driven people would displace the instinct driven.

Read the opening post.

Then that would indicate that no one had any emotion, the world would be totally chaotic, and people would be OK with that. It could be beautiful.